Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Closing a clothing account for someone who is Terminally Ill

• 25-05-2015 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Can someone explain the following to me Please as it's Monday and it's annoying me!

Trying to close an account for a lady-friend who is terminally ill. It's for a clothing company. After speaking with them this morning; because neither her husband nor I know the initial mobile number for the account which was used by her when she set the account up ; and since neither of us are listed on the account ;

When phoning them today to close the account we were told we could not. We need a letter from a medical practitioner stating the lady is terminally ill first.

I understand security is in place but he showed me various statements etc ; we could verify all other details ; house phone number was not used initially so when that was offered, we were informed - not sufficient.

It just seems like an un-necessary headache to me. Maybe I am missing something.

Many Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

While you may be able to confirm your identities and you ability to access certain details that doesn't demonstrate that you or her husband have the consent of the account holder. Imo they clearly need an official statement confirming that she is incapable of dealing with this herself.
    It's a another headache for you at a particularly tough time but the business must ensure things are done properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Yeah that makes sense alright. It's really to stop all future correspondence before and more important after she passes away more than anything.

Thanks so much for explaining,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,526 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Yeah that makes sense alright. It's really to stop all future correspondence before and more important after she passes away more than anything.

Thanks so much for explaining,
    kerry4sam

Compose a letter from your friend, ask them to sign it and post it for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Data protection man, your not the account holder. Had issues where people had passed away and we couldn't cancel it without a death certificate. Not the nicest of things to ask for but it's process. Has official

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Yeah I understand. As if people didn't have enough to be dealing with though, but I do understand where they are coming from.

Thanks for your replies,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement