Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part-time jobs in a German speaking country

• 03-07-2014 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,

I'm just finished my Leaving Cert, and want to take a year out before I start college. I was thinking of continuing working at my summer job in a local supermarket until Christmas and then in January to go to Germany/Austria/Switzerland to find a job to improve my German. I'd intend to stay until the start of summer but might stay until the end of summer but I'm not sure yet.

Would January be a suitable time to go and look for a job? A friend of mine is thinking on going over next summer he was in Munich last summer and said they're was plenty of jobs over there.

On reading about jobs, I found that Munich is a very expensive city to live in, so I am wondering is there any cities in the region that would have a variety of jobs? I'd prefer to work in a shop, it's what I'm used to, but would take anything that'd come up.

Can help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement