Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Old Bill questions Dana's brother over child sex abuse

• 17-07-2012 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭

I kind of thought after the fiasco that last year's presidential election proved to be for her, that Dana would slither off into well-deserved obscurity and we would hear no more about her. But it was not to be.:(

The Indo reports today that her brother John, who was her campaign manager until the allegations that he had molested his niece were first aired, has been questioned by the police in London.

[HTML]ohn Brendan Brown (56) was quizzed for several hours at Wembley police station in London, the Irish Independent has learned. Mr Brown, who was the campaign director for Ms Scallon's presidential bid last year, has strenuously denied claims that he abused his niece, Susie Gorrell, in London in the 1970s.
    It is understood Ms Gorrell, daughter of Ms Scallon's sister Susan Stein, flew from the US to London last October to lodge a formal complaint with police in the English capital.
    [/HTML]
    The allegations relate to events that are claimed to have happened nearly 40 years ago and, of course, we must be mindful that everyone is innocent until proved guilty.

Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see how this saga unfolds as two branches of a seriously god-bothering family tear at each other's throats over what seems to be their real god - mammon.;);)

Just imagine, though, that Dana, with her own family in such a dysfunctional state, had the cheek to ask the people of this country to make her our head of state.:pac:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/police-quiz-brother-of-dana-over-child-abuse-allegations-3171104.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Good singer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

All kinds of everything in that family.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Old Bill", is there a wannabe Londoner in our midst?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Old bill?

'Allo, 'allo, 'allo? Wha' 'ave we 'ere, then?

You're nicked, son!.........eh..............bangers n' mash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

biko wrote: »
    "Old Bill", is there a wannabe Londoner in out midst?
    Well it was the London police questioning him ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,347 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I remember Dana used to do a children's religious show when I was a kid. I found it condescending then as a child. As I grew up I disliked her more and more as she seemed to still be condescending and a little Mentally disturbed.
    She does not appear to be a rational human being anymore and shows signs of paranoid tendencies.
    No doubt she will start saying this is some conspiracy soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Shes a complete space cadet,

I loved the way she tried to use this child abuse allegation to get sympathy votes during the last presiedential election.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    I remember Dana used to do a children's religious show when I was a kid. I found it condescending then as a child. As I grew up I disliked her more and more as she seemed to still be condescending and a little Mentally disturbed.
    She does not appear to be a rational human being anymore and shows signs of paranoid tendencies.
    No doubt she will start saying this is some conspiracy soon.

Your post or the police investigation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Don't forget the tyre slasher in the conspiracy

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Just imagine, though, that Dana, with her own family in such a dysfunctional state, had the cheek to ask the people of this country to make her our head of state.:pac:

She's not her brothers keeper.

And there seems to be a sense of triumphant glee in your post which seems inappropriate given the circumstances

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

aujopimur wrote: »
    Don't forget the tyre slasher in the conspiracy

I had forgotten about that already! (shame on me)

The only option left for these shadowy conspirators is to send a robot from the future to try and keep Dana silent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

biko wrote: »
    "Old Bill", is there a wannabe Londoner in our midst?

No, although I did live in that great city for some years. It's just that I feel such Schadenfreude at the thought of a major-league god-botherer having his collar felt that I wanted to use an affectionate term for the pigs , sorry police, on this occasion.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,123 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

She's not her brothers keeper.

And there seems to be a sense of triumphant glee in your post which seems inappropriate given the circumstances

I think we were all happy when she lost the presidency in such a spectacular fashion. Well, except for the 2.9% that voted for the nutjob.

Grayson wrote: »
    I think we were all happy when she lost the presidency in such a spectacular fashion. Well, except for the 2.9% that voted for the nutjob.

Maybe you were or maybe you weren't. I know I was.

But if the brothers case was part of the reason, then I think that's wrong.

Advertisement