Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irelands Rappers? :p

• 18-02-2012 1:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

just seen an add on rte about Irelands Rappers , Im sorry if Im pissin anyone off but Irish people and rapping just doesnt go together, it just sounds so rubbish, I think that fella spiral off bb inspired most of them , and well that says it all , what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

A guy in my class is in an Irish hip hop group. They actually have some great music! They are going to be on that show too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

"When yer goin' to yer Ma's
    or out on de razz"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

99.999% of it is pure cringeworthy shíte

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Not sure the oul Duublin accent really lends itself to doing a bitta rappin, ya know, bud?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Great for Irelands under class to have a hobby I suppose...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

All the rappers gettin' mocked yo
    This thread is getting' locked yo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Well after jedward, Things cant get any worse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

"When yer goin' to yer Ma's
    or out on de razz"
    6 double 7 double 2 double 2! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Not sure the oul Duublin accent really lends itself to doing a bitta rappin, ya know, bud?

Ya bud
    lets go on po*n hub
    Oh its you
    Mr Ikky poo2
    WORD!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Rap music to me means Chuck D, Beastie Boys, Afrika Bambaataa or even the godfather himself Gil Scott Heron RIP.

Not some pasty Irish kid who is pissed off cos he cant afford an ipad 4 (or whatever ****ing version is out now)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

6 double 7 double 2 double 2! :cool:

........Taxi, Taxi, Taxi......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Rap music to me means Chuck D, Beastie Boys, Afrika Bambaataa or even the godfather himself Gil Scott Heron RIP.

Not some pasty Irish kid who is pissed off cos he cant afford an ipad 4 (or whatever ****ing version is out now)

Gil Scott Heron album he did with Jamie xx - highly recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

Believe it or not but Waterford has a big hip hop scene.

The bad....

The good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

What might the blonde girl featured in the advert givin it socks into da mic be sayin?

"yeah but.. no but yeah but.. Yehyeah"

only thing them kids'll be concerned about in 50yr is hip-op

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Yeah, the vast majority of it is cringe worthy but I wouldn't say that "Irish" and "Rap" don't go together.

It's music. Very rarely is a specific genre only possible by someone of a certain nationality (or race, which often comes up when talking about rap/hip-hop).

It's in a very early stage with a very limited pool of performers to pull from.

Give it 10 years and I think we'll see way more defined talent in the Irish rap scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alandublin33

rap is good, rap is great, a rap by an Irish man is the **** I hate .... maybe I should give it a go :p

LH Pathe wrote: »
    What might the blonde girl featured in the advert givin it socks into da mic be sayin?

"yeah but.. no but yeah but.. Yehyeah"

only thing them kids'll be concerned about in 50yr is hip-op

I'm assuming that's "MissElayneous", skip to 1:30 to bypass the banter with funny accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,392 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is the grafton street junkie rapper going to be on it?...that's the only way it will get any street cred.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Glad someone's already posted Messiah J - I used to think this genre was ****e until I discovered them a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Seachmall wrote: »
    I'm assuming that's "MissElayneous"

image search shows she somehow juggles her rap with a leaning toward punk. or probably changed her tune in the most treacherous of manners as the fence she straddles is frankly barbed! are chavs really seen as the modern punk will check her out now I hope she's takin the p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

just seen an add on rte about Irelands Rappers , Im sorry if Im pissin anyone off but Irish people and rapping just doesnt go together, it just sounds so rubbish, I think that fella spiral off bb inspired most of them , and well that says it all , what do you think?
    The fact that you actually think Spiral influenced Irish Hip-Hop says it all, yeah. I've head he's he's had to leave hip-hop events because he gets so much abuse wherever he goes.

LH Pathe wrote: »
    image search shows she somehow juggles her rap with a leaning toward punk. or probably changed her tune in the most treacherous of manners as the fence she straddles is frankly barbed! are chavs really seen as the modern punk will check her out now I hope she's takin the p

She has a very unusual style alright.

I wouldn't call her a chav though. She just has one of those funny accents you hear before getting mugged.

And she's shite live (I haven't seen here live, just videos on YouTube).

Pace2008 wrote: »
    The fact that you actually think Spiral influenced Irish Hip-Hop says it all, yeah. I've head he's he's had to leave hip-hop events because he gets so much abuse wherever he goes.

In middle of a Game concert

• Registered Users Posts: 28,392 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Seachmall wrote: »
    I'm assuming that's "MissElayneous", skip to 1:30 to bypass the banter with funny accents.

I don't know what's harder on the ears her rapping or talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

Turtyturd wrote: »

She's a better poet/artist than most of Aos Dána.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Don't judge Irish hip hop by spiral. He's an embarrssment.

Turtyturd wrote: »

In fairness the lyrics are pretty good, and it's not the typical "Gangsta" bull**** most often associated with rap. It's directly relevant and relatable to her area and (presumably) from her experience. At least it's better than most of the Pop **** that's doing the rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I know a lad from Tallaght who thinks he's a rapper.

Suffice it to say I abuse him at every opportunity.

Advertisement