Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Last of Us

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

^^^

I zoomed the picture above and couldn't believe what i seen, you are rights lads there are Ants :eek::eek::eek:

A%2BBug%252527s%2BLife%2BWallpaper.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can confirm from a very reliable source* that this game is actually a reboot of the ZX Spectrums classic Ant Attack.

AASDump001.gif

*voices in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Looks like some sort of zombie game tbh :/

With the headline being about the "dead or infected" and the images of ants (ants can get parasites that make them do crazy things) it certainly seems that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 KeithCashin

I found out more about this game. Screen shots and a new trailer

http://keithcashin.wordpress.com/2011/12/08/last-of-us-update/

I found out more about this game, screen shots and a new video

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I found out more about this game. Screen shots and a new trailer

Exactly the same as what i posted last night.

Nice begging for hits ;)

I'm not begging for hits ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I can confirm from a very reliable source* that this game is actually a reboot of the ZX Spectrums classic Ant Attack.

AASDump001.gif

*voices in my head.

The same sources tell me it's a new SimAnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I for one would love another zombie game. Dead Island was one of my favourite games this year and would welcome another one, especially a survival horror type, not just run and gunning. Raging I traded Dead Island. Stupid empty wallet!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Well the second picture mentions infected, so it will be a zombie game but not with zombies. Ants infect people with madness. So, zombie-esqe but not zombies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I did find it funny when people started looking at the crowbar shaped highlighting in the G of the VGA logo. Thankfully that's just their logo but jesus, could you imagine the nerd rage if HL3 was a PS3 console exclusive? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not zombies me ballix.

Well, it depends, if they're not zombie-like (which is very wide these days, fast, intelligent, etc) then i wouldn't class them as zombies. If they look and act like humans, but are more violent and untrusting then i think it might be different. As long as they act like humans until they see you i'm all for it.

Also, that article included the person saying that you might have to kill children. Now, while i believe that it would be shocking, i can't see it even getting a classification if this is the case. But, as they also said, it's not a verified source.

As long as they act like humans until they see you i'm all for it.

What like Resi 4?

What like Resi 4?

Kinda, but more human. Remember that game that was on PS2 where it was basically you trying to achieve objectives during riots? I even think there was 2 games. Urban Chaos: Riot Response. More like that.

From general talking around the internet, its sounds as if Sony is billing this to be their 2012 blockbuster, in much the same way Uncharted 2 was this year.

PS. I'm studying for exams this week, hence why i've become a bit too interested in all this.

Kinda, but more human. Remember that game that was on PS2 where it was basically you trying to achieve objectives during riots? I even think there was 2 games. Urban Chaos: Riot Response. More like that.

I think you mean the god awful State of Emergency. Definitely not interested if it;s like that. Urban Chaos: RR was a FPS by the guys that made Arkham Asylum that was ridiculous but fun, definitely not a zombie game.

I don't know, I think these guys have made a zombie game and are trying to cover up how unoriginal they are very unconvincingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

I think you mean the god awful State of Emergency. Definitely not interested if it;s like that. Urban Chaos: RR was a FPS by the guys that made Arkham Asylum that was ridiculous but fun, definitely not a zombie game.

I don't know, I think these guys have made a zombie game and are trying to cover up how unoriginal they are very unconvincingly.

bit quick to judge

There's nothing so far to make me believe it's anything but left 4 dead except the zombies aren't rotting. Zombie by any other name is still a zombie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You wouldn't be thinking of Disaster Report/SOS: The Final Escape & Raw Danger (the PS2 games where you achieve objectives during natural disasters), would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

There's nothing so far to make me believe it's anything but left 4 dead except the zombies aren't rotting. Zombie by any other name is still a zombie.

Exactly :P Best waiting till we actually see the game !

Well at the moment I'm being filled with a forboding sense of meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daveyid89

Well so far, they have (according to the IGN deconstruction of the trailers);
    • A Virus
    • Millions Dead
    • A quarantine zone set up by the military
    • The Military are "fighting back"
    • Millions dead or infected

It has to be either a zombie/ 28 day's later style game, or a alien invasion game (although the ant's trailer on their webpage apparently indicates a fungus infection or the release of spores or something.

The only way it could be alien related is if the "spores" are alien spores and these infect people and take over their minds/bodies. In that case, it may be more of a resistance fom style game rather than a traditional zombie game.

It could be something completely different though, nowhere does it say that the infected are violent, only that they are infected. Maybe the infected just die and the problem is the chaos that a worldwide epidemic creates.

However my limited knowledge of those spore diseases that get ants is that it takes over their minds. Just going to have to wait until the full trailer is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

daveyid89 wrote: »

The only way it could be alien related is if the "spores" are alien spores and these infect people and take over their minds/bodies. In that case, it may be more of a resistance fom style game rather than a traditional zombie game.

"Spore 2 : This time it's serious!!!!" :P

Actually, it was State of Emergency i was thinking of (which i really enjoyed btw) but urban Chaos: RR better suits what i'm hoping it will be (and i didn't make the Rocksteady connection until this thread!).
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You wouldn't be thinking of Disaster Report/SOS: The Final Escape & Raw Danger (the PS2 games where you achieve objectives during natural disasters), would you?

No, not them, never played them. But they do sound fun!

Isn't there another game spose to be coming out soon but kept getting delayed? Can't think of the name but the trailer started with a peaceful NY city and then sky scrapers start crashing. You play a guy trying to survive the aftermath. Whats the name of that one? Alos, when are the VGA's on?

Easter Egg in Uncharted 3 you say?

Deadly+Uncharted+Fungus.png

Fu*king epic find Wolf!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Isn't there another game spose to be coming out soon but kept getting delayed? Can't think of the name but the trailer started with a peaceful NY city and then sky scrapers start crashing. You play a guy trying to survive the aftermath. Whats the name of that one? Alos, when are the VGA's on?

I think that's I Am Alive. It's going to be a PSN thing, I think, from Ubisoft. I really would like to play a decent disaster movie game.

Advertisement