Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

March Cork Meetup Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 galteeview

il b der!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rebelle

kingtut wrote: »
    Can we have one in the land of beer and chocolate?

Great idea, will you organise it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

corkcomp wrote: »
    I should make this too.. will probably be 9 or 10 before I get in though:D

Ill see ya then so ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Im guessing it will be for most people... I wont make it out until later though but I'll be getting a head start on the beer from early in the day:p
    Cadyboo wrote: »
    Ill see ya then so ;)

I might come along but unsure yet, not a big Patrick's day fan. Probably will head into see this though. Wouldn't say I'll get to see you two though if you are coming along late in the evening. Working on the Friday.
    FTGFOP wrote: »
    162124.png?modified=1283212251

icon13.gif Could have used the boards thumbs up at least. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

mudokon wrote: »
    icon13.gif Could have used the boards thumbs up at least. :P

One, two, three, four
    I declare a thumb war!

tumbsup.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I might come along but unsure yet, not a big Patrick's day fan. Probably will head into see this though.

That looks like it kicks off right after the Parade and it looks pretty cool! Maybe we could meet there and watch the races before toddling off to a pub somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I might come along but unsure yet, not a big Patrick's day fan. Probably will head into see this though. Wouldn't say I'll get to see you two though if you are coming along late in the evening. Working on the Friday.

Unsure what to do yet. Id like to see the race though.

:P
    jujibee wrote: »
    That looks like it kicks off right after the Parade and it looks pretty cool! Maybe we could meet there and watch the races before toddling off to a pub somewhere?

What time is the parade?? Looks like the race is on at 11.45. So maybe the race, then the parade, then drinks??

One, two, three, four
    I declare a thumb war!
    thumb_war_tshirt-p2354405829598142384028_400.jpg

I'll be avoiding the parade but that sounds like a plan.

What time is the parade?? Looks like the race is on at 11.45. So maybe the race, then the parade, then drinks??

Cadyboo, it looks like you are right. The race is at 11:45 then the Parade is at 1.

If people wanted we could watch the race and split up with part going to parade and part just going for drinks then we could all meet up after the parade?

I like parades, but as short as I am, they sometimes suck cause I can't see anything so I am not sure how much of the Parade I am going to want to see. Will probably depend on how crowded it is for me.

I only want to watch the race as somebody might fall in the water. ;)
    If people wanted we could watch the race and split up with part going to parade and part just going for drinks then we could all meet up after the parade?

With all the barriers they put up it'll take me until after the parade to walk around town. Maybe I can steal a majorettes baton and pretend I'm in the parade to get through town quicker.

• Advertisement

With all the barriers they put up it'll take me until after the parade to walk around town. Maybe I can steal a majorettes baton and pretend I'm in the parade to get through town quicker.

Now that I would pay money to see :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

I will probably join in sometime after the parade as have plans for the morning part of the day.
    So have anyone thought more seriously about where to really go after the parade? Will check into here or txt someone for more info just before heading out then anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

kart wrote: »
    I will probably join in sometime after the parade as have plans for the morning part of the day.
    So have anyone thought more seriously about where to really go after the parade? Will check into here or txt someone for more info just before heading out then anyway :)

Where would be a good place to meet up? Anyone have opinions on this? We ALWAYS seem to be going to the Old Oak so perhaps its time for a different starting place :-)

Where isn't going to be manic I wonder? Probably an impossible request. I was in Door 51 last year ~3 p.m. and it was bearable.

I'm assuming we're now meeting outdoors somewhere to look at boats/parade? (the early birds anyway) and then heading to a pub.

Door 51 had a pig roast on last year, 10 for a plate and pint. I was hungover last Paddy's Day so this went down very well with me and stuck in my memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

rebelle wrote: »
    Great idea, will you organise it ;)

Sure no problem, it wouldn't be the first one I have organised ;)

You have to pay for your own flights though ;)

But we get to crash on your sofa? Correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

kingtut wrote: »
    Sure no problem, it wouldn't be the first one I have organised ;)

Your organising skills must be getting rusty now! Good job there are all these upstarts who have hardly been here six months stealing your thunder :D

Like I said before - we are only keeping the throne warm for you.....

A meetup in Belgium would be good but its a real shame that there are no direct flights from Cork :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

wispyman wrote: »
    Your organising skills must be getting rusty now! Good job there are all these upstarts who have hardly been here six months stealing your thunder :D

Like I said before - we are only keeping the throne warm for you.....

A meetup in Belgium would be good but its a real shame that there are no direct flights from Cork :mad:
    It doesn't take a second to get there from Schiphol Amsterdam on the ICE trains and there were regular direct flights from Cork there. Went about 10 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

Webmonkey wrote: »
    It doesn't take a second to get there from Schiphol Amsterdam on the ICE trains and there were regular direct flights from Cork there. Went about 10 times.

How much does that cost oit of interest?

Thinking of going myself but going through the tunnel instead and to england first

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Well from looking at tickets, it about 30 euro from Schiphol to Antwerpen. I think Brussels might be a bit further though. But the trains are quick. Maybe 1.5 - 2 hours.

Check out: www.nshispeed.nl

• Advertisement

wispyman wrote: »
    Where would be a good place to meet up? Anyone have opinions on this? We ALWAYS seem to be going to the Old Oak so perhaps its time for a different starting place :-)

Hmm, old oak is always good... then again probably one of the most jammed places that day.. as is everything around patrick street/oliver plunkett street...
    Im guessing should still start somewhere there, also those places easier to find for newbies usually... maybe after that in evening we could go to some (hopefully) less crowded place...franciscan well... umm... whatever:P anywhere is good for me :D

franciscan well

Me likey.

Me likey.

I love that place, going there at least every second weekend myself..
    But yeah, anyway, we can actually just decide starting point and then decide later what we do:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I'd also be keen on the well.

Or maybe the Abbots Alehouse.

Before we start arranging meeting places for drinks, who is coming out before the pub?

I'll be heading in for the race anyone coming along to that I would suggest meeting up around 11:20ish outside Merchants Quay shopping centre.

If anyone is going to the Parade and wants to meet up as well we could say in the same place around 12:30.

If the weather is good then somewhere with a beer garden (Franciscan Well has a good one) would be a plus but we'll see that on the day.

I'd be up for the Abbot Ale house as well as I've never been there.

I'll meet you for the races :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I probably wont be coming into town till after the parade. Can someone PM me a number so I can text someone to find out where ye are?

Cheers.

I'll meet you for the races smile.gif

excellent, see you then. smile.gif
    oeb wrote: »
    I probably wont be coming into town till after the parade. Can someone PM me a number so I can text someone to find out where ye are?

Cheers.

PM sent, if anyone else needs a number they can PM me.

Wispyman volunteered his number too so you could pm him also. Not sure what time he'll be out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

it would be cool if the weather tomorrow is anything like now:) will probably see you all sometime around 9 hopefully so long as i can still stand by then:o:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rebelle

it would be cool if the weather tomorrow is anything like now:) will probably see you all sometime around 9 hopefully so long as i can still stand by then:o:pac:

You might be the only one able to stand up;)

So where is the first port of call after the parade?

Advertisement