Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Photo Game

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

lower main street Dungloe it is.

this one might be a bit harder.. (both the same town)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

9BE58FD44550496997B7153E80A94A8B-0000340684-0002108956-00720L-46CB89ABBA634447B200016653EF576E.jpg

Can anyone guess this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

lower main street Dungloe it is.

Falcarragh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Cat82

Is that Falcarragh?

9BE58FD44550496997B7153E80A94A8B-0000340684-0002108956-00720L-46CB89ABBA634447B200016653EF576E.jpg

Can anyone guess this one?

Aint a clue , could be anywhere.. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

Its Bunlin Milford :D

Falcaragh it is

Falcaragh it is

How do ya get the URL of the google earth images?

one for the road.. if you pardon the pun

How do ya get the URL of the google earth images?

To put up a Google Maps photo on here, I go to Google Maps and go to street view, (you know where you drag the yellow man icon onto the map), then I use a simple image editing program called Irfanview.. there are many such programs available free online. There is a command in the program called 'Capture/screenshot' under Options. When you hit ctrl and F11, it takes a snapshot of whats on your screen, then you can crop it under Edit in Ifranview, and save it as a jpg. then upload it on here.
    It sounds involved but its handy enough

• Advertisement

one for the road.. if you pardon the pun

That i think is the new bridge for the Ballyshannon Bypass, never seen it lit up like that before looks well...

To put up a Google Maps photo on here, I go to Google Maps and go to street view, (you know where you drag the yellow man icon onto the map), then I use a simple image editing program called Irfanview.. there are many such programs available free online. There is a command in the program called 'Capture/screenshot' under Options. When you hit ctrl and F11, it takes a snapshot of whats on your screen, then you can crop it under Edit in Ifranview.
    It sounds involved but its handy enough

Ah i was using google earth i can send a link to the photos via e-mail in there, but it shows up the street name so defeats the purpose , i'll try maps now...

thanks

That i think is the new bridge for the Ballyshannon Bypass, never seen it lit up like that before looks well...

which is correct

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭henke

Anyone know where this is?

Oh and just another tip on copying an image from Google Street View. You don't need to have any special software on your PC. Just find the pic you want on Google Street View. Go to Full Screen. Press the PRTSC (Print Screen) button, it will be located near top right of your keyboard. Just open up paint and then paste (or CTRL + V). You can then resize it if you wish and save the image as file type JPG image.

Anyone know where this is?

Oh and just another tip on copying an image from Google Street View. You don't need to have any special software on your PC. Just find the pic you want on Google Street View. Go to Full Screen. Press the PRTSC (Print Screen) button, it will be located near top right of your keyboard. Just open up paint and then paste (or CTRL + V). You can then resize it if you wish and save the image as file type JPG image.

cheers for the tip.. the photo is looking over at Maghera and Straboy from Cloghboy just west of Ardara

cheers for the tip.. the photo is looking over at Maghera and Straboy from Cloghboy just west of Ardara
    No prob. Yes you are spot on.

where is this? sorry I can't find a larger pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Reminds me of Portnoo/Narin pier for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CarnTorres

where is this? sorry I can't find a larger pic

moville pier, remember hearing the story behind that object...sometimes to do with fisherman??

Moville Pier it is.. I dont know the story behind it, might have something to do with the thing thats used to sew fishing nets?

• Advertisement

What about this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Road between Fintown and Doochary?

Harps wrote: »
    Road between Fintown and Doochary?
    Nope sorry.

it is on the road from Ardara to Killybegs/Bruckless, near Glengesh, just south of Bracky

it is on the road from Ardara to Killybegs/Bruckless, near Glengesh, just south of Bracky
    Yep you are correct again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

muckish wrote: »
    Fort Dunree?

No not Fort Dunree

• Registered Users Posts: 35 CarnTorres

griannan aileach maybe

• Advertisement

No to far north:D