Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nocturnal Nerds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I'm gonna make that last one my desktop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 diocane

Adam wrote: »
    While I can't remember any of it, I used to be able to do far too much with DOS than your average 12 year old should have been able to do in those times...

When my parents left me alone in the house when is was 13/14, I didn't throw parties or drink or other wild things, I took the pc's apart and tinkered with them...

nice confession:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

theyoutube.jpg

I'm going to put "the" in front of everything now. Fanastic pic, the Cyber!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

I suppose I'm not a nerd if I have to ask what the definition of a nerd actually is? I imagine it's moved on a bit from sitting at the front of class and wearing glasses held together with a sticky plaster?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I suppose I'm not a nerd if I have to ask what the definition of a nerd actually is? I imagine it's moved on a bit from sitting at the front of class and wearing glasses held together with a sticky plaster?
    Depends on your definition. We got comic nerds(me), programming nerds, and video-game nerds. What's your nerdy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Hmmmm, I don't think I have a nerdy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Ooops, I forgot the music nerds.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭vincentdunne

Is a rabid progrock fan of The Nice, E.L.P. etc, but who also goes for James Taylor and Pentangle, (whew!) a nerd.
    And why are so few of the previous posters not 'nocturnal'.

Is a rabid progrock fan of The Nice, E.L.P. etc, but who also goes for James Taylor and Pentangle, (whew!) a nerd.
    And why are so few of the previous posters not 'nocturnal'.
    Yes, they are. Really not sure, why so many are not technically 'nocturnal'. Although around, an appreciation for the darkness qualifies you as nocturnal

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭vincentdunne

Yes, they are. Really not sure, why so many are not technically 'nocturnal'. Although around, an appreciation for the darkness qualifies you as nocturnal
    'Nocturnal' should be people who are online now or thereabouts.

As for me: I have ALL studio albums of:
    Yes
    Genesis
    ELP
    The Nice
    Marillion
    Riverside
    I.Q.
    Porcupine Tree
    James Taylor
    Nick Drake
    and about 25 of Tangerine Dream (Impossible to have all of them, I think)

• Advertisement

From the charter:
    Nocs aren't neccesarily Nocturnal, as was declared many moons ago.
    Nocs can be insomniacs, nightshifters,nightowls, etc.
    Nocs can be weird and wonderful beasts,such as werewolves,vampires etc
    Nocs can be RolePlayers,Geeks,Freaks,Goths or simply friendly humans that simply follow the Noc code, or like to hang with the Nocs.

Me personally, I be a comic nerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

EGIQE.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

the one second from the right reminds me of a girl I know on another site. she wears a helmet.

chtimothylim2.jpg

Somebody NEEDS to make this cake for the next beers!!!!!!

yidbi.jpg

Agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Dr-Doom-Vader.jpg

reallyrose wrote: »
    Dr-Doom-Vader.jpg
    I'll give 5-1 against the guy in Black.

What powers does Doom actually have?

• Advertisement

WOW! Very impressive! No Squirrel Girl though...

Doom does not need flavored lips to destroy his enemies.

Doom does not need flavored lips to destroy his enemies.

Maybe if he had flavoured lips he'd be able to take on Squirrel Girl.

What flavor would he have though?

1263649136109.jpg

basic101015.gif

Pp63w.png

1520_492f.jpeg

• Advertisement

TiW6X.jpg

Advertisement