Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wedding Band Westmeath Seeks Musicians

• 21-12-2011 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Do you have what it takes to be in Irelands best Wedding Function Band?
    Do you have a wide variety of styles, and are proficient with your instrument?
    Do you have dedication and drive?

If you answered YES to all of the above, then Irelands best wedding band are looking for you!!!

After 10 years experience of working on the wedding entertainment scene, I have the experience, and drive to put together Irelands premier
    Function band that will set the bar very high for the quality that brides and grooms should expect of their entertainment providers.

Having just purchased a 10K rig, and as a proficient vocalist and guitarist, I am looking for experts in their field to join me in this new venture

Currently i am seeking a Drummer, Bassist, Guitarist, Keyboardist and Female vocalist, all with harmonies, who can deliver the goods on the night, every night

I want to guarantee our clients a high quality sound and a professional band, and value for money.

Instruments and amplification must be of high quality, and the set list (To be finalised) will consist of hits from the 60´s, right up to todays chart hits.
    This includes wedding standards, Waltz, country etc, right up to modern dance & pop.

I have worked very close with hotels over the past few years and have no problem organising wedding fairs, parties,
    and inclusion on more than 400 hotel entertainment lists. so I am expecting to spend a considerable amount of time on the road with the right members.

Dedication is paramount for this project, and the ability to gel both on stage, and off, is of the utmost importance.

I am hoping that with the right members, rehearsal time will be minimal, before we get on the road and start making a name for ourselves.

Applicants will be auditioned with a professional band, and the final members will go through a session together to see how interaction between the members work.

This will be a unique opportunity for anyone who can see it through to fruition, and will pay dividends to the successful few.

I will look forward to hearing from those interested, and look forward to working with you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Treyd2k6

I am absolutely devastated that you are based in Westmeath, i have been looking for an opportunity like this for the last 2 years..

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭BornIn84

Dublin based guitarist here.

11 years experience playing all over Ireland.

mid 20's

here's some vids.

http://youtu.be/AvtOl07Mubc

http://youtu.be/yWqW4Gu2lrE

http://youtu.be/qtuV69xk9wA

PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Drummer here based in Drogheda but willing to travel anywhere for a gig . Own transport and top class gear , drum mics etc , 20 years experience gigging locally and touring internationally as a percussionist / drummer . Pm me for videos and details . Cheers .....

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Paul S

Where in Westmeath are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gerry connaughton

Hi
    I am a bass player living in Athlone with over 30 yrs experience in the music business, pub bands, wedding/corporate bands, dance bands, etc. During those years I have played everything from Irish, Trad, Country , Rock and Roll, Pop, etc. everything that is required for a good wedding set. I also sing and can double on acoustic guitar if necessary. I play a Fender Precision Bass and a Yamaha five string. I have my own transport, professional gear, professional atttitude towards gigging , appearance on stage, and rehearsing. PM me for more details etc .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 theinhouseband

Paul S wrote: »
    Where in Westmeath are you based?

Based near Kilbeggan Paul

BornIn84 wrote: »
    Dublin based guitarist here.

11 years experience playing all over Ireland.

mid 20's

here's some vids.

http://youtu.be/AvtOl07Mubc

http://youtu.be/yWqW4Gu2lrE

http://youtu.be/qtuV69xk9wA

PM if interested

Cheers for the links mate, but at present not what I'm looking for, I should have mentioned, the guitarist i'm looking for is a rhythm with 2nd lead.

I will keep you in mind though, you hjave a great sound, so who knows

Treyd2k6 wrote: »
    I am absolutely devastated that you are based in Westmeath, i have been looking for an opportunity like this for the last 2 years..

Carlow's only up the road.... COME ON!!! what have ya to lose!!!!

Send that PM...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭studio54

drummer pm'd

OK guys.... huge response from drummers, I have your numbers guys and will be in contact shortly.

Still need BASS, rhythm elec guitar, Keys & Female vox!!!!

Auditions will be held in Jan, set list being created, PA fully in order and interest from venues/ management being shown.

This will be the perfect band for the perfect musician.

Get those PM´s in!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Siha

PM sent.

Siha wrote: »
    PM sent.

No PM form you as of yet Siha.

You might send it on if you dont mind.

Cheers

Ok I have sent it on friday and resent it seconds ago.Thanks. iggi76@yahoo.com just in case wont go thru.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 seankavanagh

hi are you still in need a drummer?
    sounds good, any vids??
    seankavanagh75@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭cordragza

pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

BIGDOGG banned for more abuse.

Hi guys,

Thank you to all that has replied to this post.

I am in the process of going through your PM's one by one, So i will touch base with you in the next few days.

If you havent PM'd me a number, Please do so, as it makes so much easier, as my time is limited at the moment, due to a recent addition to my family!!

Thanks Guys.
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭charlie2505

Hi Paul. Congrats by the way-in same boat but about 6 months ahead of you! Not sure if you got my pm so just thought I'd touch base? If you did but up to your eyes, I get it! Hopefully talk soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 darrenkeavney

hey, im a drummer with 14 years experience and my own gear and transport, have recorded in dublin an maynooth and also in music video, i live in westmeath and looking for a commited wedding band, can play any type of music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 wexdrummer

PM'D :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lovemusicxx

Hello , I am a female vocalist living in longford but traveling is no problem. I would love the opertunity to audition. Ive been attending voice training for a number of years and have been hoping to sing profesionally. Hope to hear from you on this site or via my email (Lovemusicxx@Live.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Musician001

Hello there,

Im a saxophonist looking for a regular gig. I also play rhythm guitar and sing. I know you didnt include that in your want list but if you feel like you might want to go down that route let me know. I have played with bands in your area for the last few years like The Aftermath, Noel O'Farrell, Justin Ryan, The Smooth Brothers and lakeland swing.

I lecture in music and engineering and Im the musical director of Harper Lane big band (In the set up stages). I have been doing session work for the last while but would like a steadier gig.

Cheers,

D

info@harperlanestudios.com

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭shamsteak

Pm sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pearldrums

Pm to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 davyb

Can you confirm if you received a PM from me. If not i will re-send asap. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 odif

hi i am a experienced female vocalist and would love an audition
    linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DGPM

percussion and piano player here. d.gpm@hotmail.com will get me but the only thing is i am in my 50's so this might be a young man,s gig. anyway contact is free. i am a midlander so travel is not a difficulty.

Hi All.

Sincere thanks for all the replies, I will be touching base with everyone this week to finalise auditions etc.

Looking forward to talking to you all.

Paul

Hi Guys.

Ad reslisted due to timewasters.

It has kind of shattered my vision, so lets hope there are some dedicated guys out there still keen and interested.

Keep sending those PM´s. Youtube links etc.

cheers

• Advertisement

PM sent let me know if you have received it. Talk to you soon.

Advertisement