Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

kildareash wrote: »
    Everything I touch falls to the floor these days! Must be the relaxin or whatever u call it.

i'm constantly dropping things lately too..
    getting pretty sick of it, cos i have to take a deep breath before i bend over to pick it up, cos i literally cannot breathe while bent over..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

theg81der wrote: »
    Anybody else keep bumping into things, people, dropping stuff...? Clumsies person ever this week! Class test the othe day and got finished early went to leave - why didn`t I get caught up in my own feet and fling myself half way across the top of the room! Well at least my friends got a laugh but I`m not sure I`m happy with been known as "the clumsy one"!

I'm not dropping stuff, but I keep bumping my belly into things! Pre-pregnancy, I would knock stuff over with my boobs (is that why they are called knockers?) but now, my belly is my sticky out part - i open doors/drawers into it, bounce it off corners, knock stuff off the table, get stuck getting out of the car - grrr. Good thing there is lots of padding in there!
    Morning all, does anybody (especially those of you dealing with Limerick maternity) know what's the story with the epidural? As in, do you need to book it in advance or can you just ask for it on the day or what?

As far as I know - you couldn't book it even if you wanted to, you just ask for it on the day, so tell Mum and Co to chill :) During the labour ward tour, the nurse said there is an anaesthetist on call 24/7. They are shared between antenatal and some other ward, so it is possible that you would need to wait a bit. I have my labour ante-natal class there on Monday, so I can ask then and let you know what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Nyquist, what Kash says. When you go in on the day in labour just make it very clear from the beginning that you want the epidural, end of. Then when you're getting nearer the required amount of cm dialated, say it again etc.

Re the meet up, what do ye think about maybe saying a Saturday or Sunday somewhere in June (16th/17th)? That way there's enough notice & I think a lot of us work/go to college during the weekdays. I don't think that's too close to anyone's due date.

As we're really spread around the place, I was trying to see if there was a good central point which is easily accessible by motorway & train (for non-drivers). I was thinking Portlaoise (handy for you Java haha).

I'm in north Kildare, there's a few of you in Dublin (train? hop on the M7? Bus eireann), there's a few of you in Galway/Clare. I know it's quite far for the Limerick/Kerry/Cork guys but it looks to be same distance from Limerick as it is from Dublin (I'm trying very hard not to be too Dublin biased haha!)

We could meet at say 1 or 2 and hang out and chat for as long as we want, have some cream cakes & tea or a full-on carvery if we wish. We could meet in a child friendly place for those who are bringing their existing wee ones along. Partners welcome etc. Java could maybe suggest a good place.

What think ye? (Bear in mind I don't think we'll be able to satisfy everyone's schedule, but at least if we get the majority that would be good)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Mink wrote: »

Re the meet up, what do ye think about maybe saying a Saturday or Sunday somewhere in June (16th/17th)? That way there's enough notice & I think a lot of us work/go to college during the weekdays. I don't think that's too close to anyone's due date.

As we're really spread around the place, I was trying to see if there was a good central point which is easily accessible by motorway & train (for non-drivers). I was thinking Portlaoise (handy for you Java haha).

I'm in north Kildare, there's a few of you in Dublin (train? hop on the M7? Bus eireann), there's a few of you in Galway/Clare. I know it's quite far for the Limerick/Kerry/Cork guys but it looks to be same distance from Limerick as it is from Dublin (I'm trying very hard not to be too Dublin biased haha!)

We could meet at say 1 or 2 and hang out and chat for as long as we want, have some cream cakes & tea or a full-on carvery if we wish. We could meet in a child friendly place for those who are bringing their existing wee ones along. Partners welcome etc. Java could maybe suggest a good place.

What think ye? (Bear in mind I don't think we'll be able to satisfy everyone's schedule, but at least if we get the majority that would be good)

i'm up for it. hubby will give a lift anywere I want :-D especially if I will let him play his diablo 3 without being grumpy about this.

Still waiting in hospital. had babys movement test done. it was scary. but Alice is fine so far they were able to tell me.

also I may be forced to wear special belt to support my right hip

A trip to the cinema to see "What to expect when your expecting" maybe!!?? Thats out the end of this month isnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Sounds like a plan Mink :) not sure what our schedule is right now but if we can make it we will be there!

Getting pretty clumsy here...I keep taking corners too tight & having a bit of a wobble around the corner :D

My little wriggler gave me an awful nights sleep last night & I knew she was on the move! She is currently now head down looking out my left side :) can't say I'm enjoying the feet in my ribs!

At 31w+4 she is 4.5lb and today's scary consultant statement was...that's a substantial foot :eek: I guess she would look kinda odd if she didn't have decent feet to match her legs :P

That's a great idea Mink. I have to pop up to Dublin every now and then with work, but somewhere a bit closer to home would be good.

The cinema sounds like fun, but can you imagine the poor people sitting behind us?! Every two minutes someone would be getting up to pee :)

Ah we'll book tickets for the back! The cinemas will be packed with pregnant women for that one anyway so they better get used to it!

That actually sounds like a fun idea if we all went to see that. I was trying to think of ways of enticing OH into seeing it but I don't think he would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Great idea mink, I'm around that sat but Cldnt make the Sunday.
    We cld have tea and cake first and then go cinema!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Aww it sounds like ye'll have a lovely time :) I definately couldn't make it, but ye definately should all meet up: although if ye go to the cinema will ye not drive everyone else mad yapping away :D

I keep banging into everything these days: exceptionally, exceptionally clumsy!

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    Aww it sounds like ye'll have a lovely time :) I definately couldn't make it, but ye definately should all meet up: although if ye go to the cinema will ye not drive everyone else mad yapping away :D

Yeah, I probably wouldnt make it either, Its a bit of a drive from Cork, and working full time, my weekends are a bit precious to get house/baby stuff sorted..

I was thinking the same re yapping...we do have a track record :D I'm not sure I could cope with a movie with a head on my bladder :)

Cake sounds super to me :D

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    I was thinking the same re yapping...we do have a track record :D I'm not sure I could cope with a movie with a head on my bladder :)

You know what I'd love right now... choclate fudge cake dripping with fudge, warmed with vanilla icecream and strawberries on the side: and more choclate on the strawberries.... damn all this talk of cake :p

Oh Cyning that sounds so so lovely :D

*drools*

Ok, definitely time for lunch now :)

Cyning you are killing me, I'm dreaming about chocolate fudge cake

Java maybe you can recommend something with nice cakes in Portlaiose?

I had my appointment today
    at 30 w+4 days Alice is 4.2 pound.
    she is still really low and my hip hurts as she is more on right side

I feel exhausted after the ctg test - they keep everyone else aprox 20 min and they kept me over an hour. so i get scared and my blood pressure went up to the ruff

consultant said Alice is ok.
    she also send a letter to physio dep so I will get appointment re my hip,
    and cos I was in hospital since 7:30 until after lunch she told me to go home, and rest. My boss wasn't happy about it, but what can I say - doctors orders :)

When I get home I wasn't able open doors to our apartment building cos key fob stooped working and I waited 20 min for someone to open doors for me
    I was so upset that I almost start crying.

TwoMums2Be wrote: »

You know what I'd love right now... choclate fudge cake dripping with fudge, warmed with vanilla icecream and strawberries on the side: and more choclate on the strawberries.... damn all this talk of cake :p

Ah ya had to go there! Now all I can think about is chocolate cake :(

Aww sorry about that Silly & Cyning. I just can't see another good central point between you guys & Dublin, it's a bit sparse up until Limerick! It is a bit of a hike for ye! It'll be about 2hrs for me but prob up to 3.5/4 for you.

Any ideas of a better spot that ye'd be able to get to?

I'm due to get a new car (new to me) soon. Have to take out a small loan and it certainly won't be fancy or new but whatever it is will be a vast improvement on what I have.

My current car is a 97, it's only running on one or 2 cylinders so can't bring it on the motorway, exhaust is hanging down (only fixed 6mths ago) and it's so incredibly noisey you'd hear me coming a mile off. She's done me well though. We decided I'd really need to have a newer car just even for safety reasons so I'm not breaking down with baby in the back and so I'll have the option to drive to work when I get nearer the end of the pregnancy (I'm finding it a bit of a struggle on public transport already).

Plus the petrol & tax on current car is terrible so getting something smaller.

Saurelin the doctor was right to send you home rather than back to work, that's a long time to be at the hospital and also the stress of it takes its toll.

Wow 4.2lbs. I'm 30 wks on Sat so maybe my little fella is close to 4lbs. That's mad to think that! Did they say that was a large weight for Alice or is it right on schedule?

Saurelin the doctor was right to send you home rather than back to work, that's a long time to be at the hospital and also the stress of it takes its toll.

Wow 4.2lbs. I'm 30 wks on Sat so maybe my little fella is close to 4lbs. That's mad to think that! Did they say that was a large weight for Alice or is it right on schedule?

Mink doc said she is by the book - almost ideal
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Cheers for the info about the epi ladies, was really starting to get stressed about it there!

Saurelin what is a ctg test? That's awful they kept you in so long!

Ladies I'm noticing an awful lot of ye are coming back with baby weights around the same as mind around the 30 week mark, starting to think my little tenant isn't such a big freak after all! Why would they make such a big deal about something that seems to be the norm? ach HSE, you scare mongering bastard.

As far as clumsy goes, I think I should be followed around with a video camera for the sheer hilarity, we'd make a mint off those home movie shows...I have managed to keep my actual falling over to a minimum though, which Im both surprised and delighted about, but nothing is safe around me, and don't talk to me about opening doors and things on to the bump! The little fella is going to come out black and blue if I don't cop myself on!

Oh no.... seriously unless you all want to come to Listowel or Tralee I couldn't come regardless: firstly I get seriously travel sick, and secondly I'm afraid to get too far away from the hospital because god knows I seem to go there regularly :rolleyes:

The ctg test is the trace they put you on to check babies heartrate and tracks babies movement by pressing a button, and to see if your getting contractions as far as I know Nyquist: could be totally wrong though!

Sorry for making you all drool :p

I'm looking forward to scan in a fortnight to see what baby weighs now too: can't believe I'm almost 33 weeks!!

Aww sorry about that Silly & Cyning. I just can't see another good central point between you guys & Dublin, it's a bit sparse up until Limerick! It is a bit of a hike for ye! It'll be about 2hrs for me but prob up to 3.5/4 for you.

Ah don't worry about it. i just dont really have the time and also, my car is acting up, i paid over €600 on it about 6 weeks ago, and that was just to make it safe - there were plenty other things that needed to be done. But now i hear a strange noise coming from it again, i am trying to ignore it, but i know i have to bring it somewhere soon, i'm jsut afraid of the cost again...
    My hubby would have 40 fits if i told him i was driving to portlaoise in it to be honest. He's sick of nagging me about bringing it to the garage.. I know who i wont be ringing if it breaks down!

The ctg test is the trace they put you on to check babies heartrate and tracks babies movement by pressing a button, and to see if your getting contractions as far as I know Nyquist: could be totally wrong though!

you are completely right cyning :)

For any of ye ladies that r looking into other forms of pain relief, I enquired about hiring the tens machine in boots today.

It's €45 for five weeks and you get the sixth week free. Basically you get a pack thingy in boots (looks like a DVD box) and then u ring a company with the booking reference no contained in the box and they deliver it to ur home up to three weeks before your due date.

I never thought to look what type of machine it is, but it sounds like good value. They said it was a lot cheaper than buying one from their store.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

The hormones/emotions are killing me today. I'm working in dublin today amd passed a homeless guy with a dog and a rabbit!!! I burst into tears and gave him all the money i had in my pocket. poor guy didn't know where to look. then I got stared at the whole way down the street, strange crying pregnant lady......

Nows there's people sitting on the bus behind me and I want to throttle them!!!

No worries silly, i understand!Ill have to have this new car if I have any hope of making it to portlaoise, well I could get a train.

Speaking of trains, I have to say, people have been really nice and give up their seat for me. Once I'm in view of the seated people, someone invariably gets up. It's so nice of them.

OH is always on the lookout now for preggers women on the train so he can give them his seat :-)

Mink - see if you can get isofix in your car update as it will give you more carseat options. It's been around in some makes for a good while so it might be an option. Worth noting that tony kealys told us that unless a Nissan has isofix it can be difficult to find a car seat that fits well.

NyquistFreak - I think the weight depends on other aspects with it so two babies weighing the same may have different ideals depending on lenght, head size etc. Our little one is 4.5lb ish at the moment with a predicted birth weight of 8.75lb ish depending on how she grows from now on :) but she is long. She is more likely to go beyond that prediction rather than fall short of it as its based on the standard calculation of a pound every two weeks from 32 weeks on! A shorter baby with the same predicted birth weight would be a larger baby in other ways :)

I guess your little fella raised GD concerns based on his overall size & it's best that if you have it they get it under control. A woman at our antenatal class had a similar weight/date to you but it was due to GD rather than just being a bigger baby & I think that's what makes all the difference :) although I don't know I suspect that a GD big baby would have a higher predicted birth weight than the standard growth prediction if the GD wasn't got under control.

No worries silly, i understand!Ill have to have this new car if I have any hope of making it to portlaoise, well I could get a train.

Speaking of trains, I have to say, people have been really nice and give up their seat for me. Once I'm in view of the seated people, someone invariably gets up. It's so nice of them.

OH is always on the lookout now for preggers women on the train so he can give them his seat :-)

That's good to hear Mink :) I was raised with please & thank yous along with giving your seat to someone who needs it more than you do & I was honestly starting to believe it was dead in the general public esp with your experiences of public waiting rooms! Nice to see its still out there to some degree :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

I'm pretty sure I saw tens machines for sale in mothercare for about 60 beans...

TwoMums, I've no idea if he'll be long, they just said he was a big one! I seem to be in the clear for the GD anyway though, so that's something! But going by that pound a week from 32weeks thing...eek! He can teleport out now if he goes that way! I must have a look at the scan pictures again to see if theres any indication about the length of him now actually, I wouldn't have thought about it like that now til you explained it like that, cheers! :)

Advertisement