Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic World

• 23-07-2011 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/steven-spielberg-jurassic-park-4-comic-con/
    There are many theories regarding the extinction of the dinosaurs. Some believe they died off from natural causes, victims of evolution or disease. Others think a giant meteor strike blew them all to kingdom come. But while there's no consensus on why they died out, everyone agrees on the reason they are coming back: Because Steven Spielberg said so, that's why.

Yes, iguanodon fanatics, Steven Spielberg dropped a bomb on Comic-Con today that is bigger than any killer meteorite: He's working on "Jurassic Park 4" and it could be in theaters in just two short years.

Who's king of the dinosaurs now, T-Rex?

Of course, fans of "Jurassic Park" can be forgiven for thinking the franchise was as dead as the dinosaurs it featured; despite the fact that the third installment earned over $368 million and was the biggest earner of the year in 2001, the series was still sent into apparent extinction due to high costs and dino fatigue among audience members.

But compared to the untold eons since the dinosaurs first vanished, what's a measly decade among friends? That's the attitude Spielberg is sporting -- and as E! Online is reporting, he's optimistic that fans will get to see "Jurassic Park 4" sooner rather than later.

"We have a story," Spielberg announced at Comic-Con. "We have a writer who is writing the treatment and hopefully we are going to make "Jurassic park 4" in all of our foreseeable futures, hopefully in the next two or three years."

Details, as you may expect are still sketchy, including whether or not original "Jurassic Park" cast members like Sam Neill, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum will be back (we all know what happened to Samuel L. Jackson), but we know who will be back for sure: hordes of flesh-eating dinosaurs.

And that's about the best news we've heard since they invented the electric car.

Opr
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Jurassic Park 3 was an unmitigated disaster despite how much money it earned. JP4 had better be really good.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

syklops wrote: »
    Jurassic Park 3 was an unmitigated disaster despite how much money it earned. JP4 had better be really good.

you'll see it :P

As for Mr. Spielberg, to quote Fry from Futurama "shut up and take my money!". I'm surprised we haven't seen it sooner tbh. Very much looking forward to another dinosaur epic

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Gee, thanks, Steven, because ya know we really needed another Jurassic Park. Three just isn't enough. And despite the fact that your not directing this and even apologised for making the second one, I'm sure it will be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

JP3 was far from epic. Funnily enough, JP2, which was a very weak book, was a terrific movie. I'd love to see Jeff Goldblum reprise his role. His last big role was The Switch which I watched twice in a row on a flight from New York recently, and he still has that excited, gasping, rambling, thing he did in JP1 & 2. As a teenager I was a big fan of his cool, but knowledgeable geek. Be it leather clad Chaotician in JP1, or Cable repariman slash hacker slash saviour of the planet in Independence Day.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I hope they go with that script from a few years ago where it's about a top secret team of super intelligent dinosaur/human hybrid commandos that work to hunt rogue rampaging dinosaurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

There was three things wrong with JP3, the lack of T-Rex, the rushed ending, and Tea Leonim mostly Tea Leoni though, the gowl.

Nothing will match the original, its my generations Star Wars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I hope they go with that script from a few years ago where it's about a top secret team of super intelligent dinosaur/human hybrid commandos that work to hunt rogue rampaging dinosaurs.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

If there was need for 3 Transformers then we surely deserve at least 6 Jurassic Parks.... Dinosaurs the shit yo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Jurassic Park 2 was beyond awful (remember Jeff Goldblum's black daughter doing gymnastics on some raptor) and 3 was only a little bit better. The first one is probably the most amazing film I have ever seen at the cinema. The magic of seeing those dinosaurs on the big screen has gone now so the fourth movie should be something completely different.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ach, i wish it was just a reboot rather than a sequel with annoying characters. I don't think i can bear Goldblum for 2 hours. I suppose it depends how much the budget is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Paigne

I don't have high hopes for this at all ha!!

Great, now the Jurassic Park theme is stuck in my head..... duh deh duh deh.... deh deh deh deh deh deh deh....*dun dun*......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

when i heard this news; the first thing that popped into my head was this:

"and now Jurassic Park Directors Cut: with extra dinosaurs" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

the second one sucked aswell and the 1st one ( while revolutionary at the time ) is full of horrible acting , if you want to see dinasaurs in all thier splendour , watch walking with dinasaurs with narration by kenneth branagh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Yeeeeeeeess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

JP3 was far from epic. Funnily enough, JP2, which was a very weak book, was a terrific movie. I'd love to see Jeff Goldblum reprise his role. His last big role was The Switch which I watched twice in a row on a flight from New York recently, and he still has that excited, gasping, rambling, thing he did in JP1 & 2. As a teenager I was a big fan of his cool, but knowledgeable geek. Be it leather clad Chaotician in JP1, or Cable repariman slash hacker slash saviour of the planet in Independence Day.

That's bull honkey.

There was as much of the second book in in the third movie as there was in the second movie. If the second book had been copied directly to screen, it would have been way better.

IMHO, the second movie was terrible. But still, dinosaurs. Rawr. I can do my T Rex impression again, and it'll be relevant! Not just dinonerdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,751 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    JP4 in 3D :p

Ah, Christ on a moped.

It will be an' all.

Frown

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

There weren't any Iguanodons in the movies, why the hell would we rejoice?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ridley wrote: »
    There weren't any Iguanodons in the movies, why the hell would we rejoice?

Thumbs up!! Eh? Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Not gonna expect much seeing as the 2nd and 3rd movies were utter tripe but I guess the CGI will be nice. Really hope Jeff Goldblum has nothing to do with the project tho as his character in the franchise sucked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

irishh_bob wrote: »
    the second one sucked aswell and the 1st one ( while revolutionary at the time ) is full of horrible acting , if you want to see dinasaurs in all thier splendour , watch walking with dinasaurs with narration by kenneth branagh

Did Kenneth Branagh ever describe how a T-Rex creeps upon a wild toilet stall and devours the terrified cretin shiting within?

Thought not.. JP4 FTW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Paigne wrote: »
    I don't have high hopes for this at all ha!!

Great, now the Jurassic Park theme is stuck in my head..... duh deh duh deh.... deh deh deh deh deh deh deh....*dun dun*......

I was listening to this on the train one day and started singing it out loud.:o
    Many strange looks did I get :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

The world needs a JP4, if even to mock it.
    I, for one, welcome our new dino overlords.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yay! I loved Jurassic Park 1 & 2, I still have the tapes of them. Bring on the Velociraptors!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Funnily enough, JP2, which was a very weak book, was a terrific movie.

I really liked the book when I read it.

but I was...ughh when did lost world come out??? 1995??? ooooooooooh I was ten at the time. I should read it again sometime.

It was the first time I had that *but the book was better* feelings at the cinema 2 years later when the film came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

I never read the Lost World (but did read JP). How did it deal with the fact
    Malcolm died in the first novel, and then turned up to be the main protagonist in the second movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I never read the Lost World (but did read JP). How did it deal with the fact
    Malcolm died in the first novel, and then turned up to be the main protagonist in the second movie?

I'm struggling to remember, but I think
    it was brushed off by a paragraph discussing events in the first book, and had the line "Malcolm was even declared DEAD in some reports" if I remember correctly, it's been over ten years since I read it though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,076 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I am kinda disappointed they probably won't go down the dinosaurs with guns route they had threatened.

Because, as **** as Jurassic Park 4 is likely to be, it would at least be a unique **** if they had guns.

Roar wrote: »
    I'm struggling to remember, but I think
    it was brushed off by a paragraph discussing events in the first book, and had the line "Malcolm was even declared DEAD in some reports" if I remember correctly, it's been over ten years since I read it though

Correct.
    Massive blood loss, months in intensive care, yadda yadda. TBH, there have been worse lead ins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

I am kinda disappointed they probably won't go down the dinosaurs with guns route they had threatened.

Because, as **** as Jurassic Park 4 is likely to be, it would at least be a unique **** if they had guns.

Speaking of which, a Dinoriders film would be good for a laugh
    http://www.robotvsbadger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/dino20riders.jpg

Advertisement