Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Great to see that every single human race is represented in the ad.. The ad is cringe worthy to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Great to see that every single human race is represented in the ad.. The ad is cringe worthy to be honest.

god awful more like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Can you play games on that thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanob43

Yeh the ad isn't much tbh but what do you guys think of the system itself?

amacachi wrote: »
    Can you play games on that thing?
    That better be a damn joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

How much?

The WiFi version is going to cost €250 and the 3G and Wifi will cost €300,similar to the iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Been interested since announcement of the price. I never had a psp (or even gameboy :eek:) and that price for this kind of hardware is class in my opinion.

So I'll most likely pick one up at some point anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Portable or not, Who the hell play's video games while walking?

Sony now have the hardware.All we need now is the games to go with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 im stuck! cnt tink of gud name

when do ye think it will be relesed here ?

Sony haven't stated a specific release date for Europe or anywhere ,for that matter but at E3 they said they had "a planned 2011" release date.

Also if anyone has any Vita questions feel free to ask me either on this thread or on PM.:D

Thanks,
    Sean

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

seanob43 wrote: »
    The WiFi version is going to cost €250 and the 3G and Wifi will cost €300,similar to the iPad.

Ipads are more expensive than that are they?:)

cant wait for the vita :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Its a definite day one purchase for me (possibly even the jap version as i'm currently based in asia-pac).

I can't emphasise enough how much gaming and value for money I got from the original psp. Been playing it since launch and still playing it today (plane/train journeys).

Look at the guy at 1.32 in the advert, how awkward is his grasp?! And his facial expression!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

animaX wrote: »
    Its a definite day one purchase for me (possibly even the jap version as i'm currently based in asia-pac).

I can't emphasise enough how much gaming and value for money I got from the original psp. Been playing it since launch and still playing it today (plane/train journeys).

Look at the guy at 1.32 in the advert, how awkward is his grasp?! And his facial expression!

amen to that

Ipads are more expensive than that are they?:)

cant wait for the vita :)
    No I was referring to how an iPad 3G costs $50 extra than the WiFi edition.Sony are doing the same thing with the Vita

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

While it is a day-one purchase for me also, I have to say I hate the menu system. Bring back the XMB please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Otacon wrote: »
    While it is a day-one purchase for me also, I have to say I hate the menu system. Bring back the XMB please!

When will it be available in Ireland?

boobar wrote: »
    When will it be available in Ireland?
    Already answered in the thread mate.
    "Sony haven't stated a specific release date for Europe or anywhere ,for that matter but at E3 they said they had "a planned 2011" release date."

Have you played with it yet?I got some hands-on with it at E3 and have to say I don't think XMB would of worked that well with the Vita,I think a new menu system was required,saying that though the current menu doesn't really work better than XMB its just different.

But lets not worry,Sony still has time to change and tweak the system.Remember the original boomerang controller design for the PS3 that Sony said they're sticking with?.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Have you played with it yet?I got some hands-on with it at E3 and have to say I don't think XMB would of worked that well with the Vita,I think a new menu system was required,saying that though the current menu doesn't really work better than XMB its just different.

But lets not worry,Sony still has time to change and tweak the system.Remember the original boomerang controller design for the PS3 that Sony said they're sticking with?.;)

I haven't had the chance to see it for myself. My objections are more aesthetic than functional.

I actually liked the boomarang look! :/

I haven't had the chance to see it for myself. My objections are more aesthetic than functional.

I actually liked the boomarang look! :/
    Okay that's fair enough.Hopefully Sony will get everything tidied up by launch:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

That better be a damn joke

Why? The ad is more like a social network promotion. Its impossible to tell anything about the device except that it has buttons, a screen, wi-fi & is black from that ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

I got a tip-off from gamestop yesterday. The lad at the counter said they were expecting a Nov/Dec release but have been informed it is going to be as early as September! I just can't wait!

EnterNow wrote: »
    Why? The ad is more like a social network promotion. Its impossible to tell anything about the device except that it has buttons, a screen, wi-fi & is black from that ad.

Yeah I get what you mean but we're in a gaming forum.:p

DarkDusk wrote: »
    I got a tip-off from gamestop yesterday. The lad at the counter said they were expecting a Nov/Dec release but have been informed it is going to be as early as September! I just can't wait!
    Hmm that's very interesting,did he say anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

No I was referring to how an iPad 3G costs $50 extra than the WiFi edition.Sony are doing the same thing with the Vita
    More like €120

Can't say I'm too impressed by the ad. Would be more inclined to put the money towards a SE Play or an Android tablet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yeah I get what you mean but we're in a gaming forum.:p

Ah yeah, I think that was just Amacachi being tongue in cheek about it. I hope it has a high focus on gaming, & less focus on what Stephen Fry thinks about London's congestion charge on Friday mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Yeah I was just being obtuse but that ad doesn't really fill one with hope.

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    Yeah I was just being obtuse but that ad doesn't really fill one with hope.

Okay fair enough,thought you were just some boardsie who stumbled into this forum unaware of what a playstation is:D
    My apologies....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement