Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

X Factor 2011 (UK show)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hopefully Dannii and Louis will be back. And another woman...PLEASE let it be Lily Allen! I've heard Mel B though...ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hopefully Dannii and Louis will be back. And another woman...PLEASE let it be Lily Allen! I've heard Mel B though...ugh!

I heard Alesha Dixon

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I heard Alesha Dixon

Oh god yeah THAT'S who I heard that I hated! Ugh NO. I really can't stand that woman!

Lily Allen or Adele would be good

I heard one of the girls from The Saturdays was also in the running

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Dannii, Louis, Gary and Lily would be perfect imo. I don't think Lily will do it unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Danni is gone, replaced by yer wan from N-Dubz, awful choice!

Danni said X-factor UK bosses gave her no choice they knew the dates clashed with AGT.

Reckon this is the end of the X-factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Dannii is gone?? :(

Gary Barlow is a good one. Lilly Allen would be great. It would need someone like her to survive.

I think this is the end of it too. Thanks a lot Simon and Cheryl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

Daisy! wrote: »
    Dannii is gone?? :(

Gary Barlow is a good one. Lilly Allen would be great. It would need someone like her to survive.

I think this is the end of it too. Thanks a lot Simon and Cheryl!

Apparently lily wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. But that was in the tabloids so could be completely made up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Oh god please tell me Dannii being replaced by the girl from N Dubz is just a horrible rumour...

I'd love Adele tbh, second place to Dannii returning, but neither look very likely so meh, as long as it's not Cheryl Cole I'll sleep well at night.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

• Advertisement

Dannii Minogue has confirmed that she will not return for the next series of The X Factor.

The 39-year-old, who won the 2007 and 2010 editions of the ITV contest with Leon Jackson and Matt Cardle, explained that her commitment to Australia's Got Talent had prevented her from rejoining the judging panel this year.

She told My Daily: "During discussions for me to return [to The X Factor] it became clear that unfortunately, this year, the X Factor audition dates in the UK clash with the live shows of Australia's Got Talent during June and July. For this reason I am unable to return.

"I want to wish the new judges every success for this year's show, and can't wait to see who the British public choose as their next big star. Thanks to everyone who has shown me so much love and support, and brought me so much joy during my four incredible years working on the show."

She added: "'Team Minogue' will continue to fly a flag later this year when the amazingly talented, and last year's winner, Matt Cardle releases his debut album."

The News of the World reports that N-Dubz star Tulisa Contostavlos has been drafted in as a replacement for Minogue, though her alleged appointment has yet to be confirmed.

Take That singer Gary Barlow is the only confirmed X Factor UK judge, after Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole both quit their roles to join the forthcoming US version.

It has not been announced whether Louis Walsh will return to the panel for the eighth series.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a319547/dannii-minogue-quits-the-x-factor.html

Gutted for Dannii :( She was the best judge by far.

I hope to god Louis comes back. And I hope to god that, with Dannii gone, they don't see this as an opportunity to get Sharon bloody Osbourne back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I am not looking forward to this now :(

I love Lulu and I think Gary Barlow will be good, but I hate every single female name mentioned! I was so happy that the two headed smug machine that is Chermon would be gone, but with Dannii gone too I don't think it'll be very good.

Kelly Rowland is suppose to be the 4th judge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Louis Walsh, Gary Barlow, Geri Halliwell, Sarah Harding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Danni was the best judge/mentor by a mile. Cowell and Cole had their own agenda and Louis is very out of touch but is great with Novelty acts.

It will be nice to see how the show will work without Simon pulling all the strings - all the judges in the end did what Simon wanted anyways even Lulu Walsh and Dannii

Simon is suppose to be at for some of the UK shows also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

So supposedly it's:

Gary Barlow (Hate him.. boring/nothing interesting about him at all..)

Louis Walsh (Grand sure, my least favourite from last year's judges.)

Tulisa from N Dubz (She's good.. bring a bit of craic to it!)

Kelly Rowland (Won't be much of a judge, the new eye candy, aka: Cheryl.)

Radio 1 DJ Matt Edmondson is to host Xtra Factor

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a322105/n-dubz-tulisa-confirmed-as-x-factor-judge.html

N-Dubz star Tulisa Contostavlos has reportedly signed to become a judge on the new series of X Factor.
    According to a tweet from Heat magazine, the 22-year-old has been confirmed to join the panel of the show's eighth series, alongside Louis Walsh and previously-announced new judge Gary Barlow.
    The tweet read: "BREAKING NEWS: Apparently Tulisa from N-Dubz has signed her X Factor deal! It's official, she's a judge!".
    Former Destiny's Child star Kelly Rowland is also expected to be announced as part of the lineup before auditions begin in Birmingham on Wednesday.
    A source told the News of the World: "We are happy with our female judges - Tulisa and Kelly.
    "They will make up a strong panel with Louis Walsh and Gary Barlow. The auditions have to start on Wednesday because they have been scheduled to fit around the Take That tour."
    The news of Tulisa's appointment comes after it was reported that Cheryl Cole will not return to The X Factor UK, after allegedly being axed from the US version of the show last week

• Advertisement

Caroline Flack and Olly Murs have been confirmed as co-hosts on the new series of The Xtra Factor.

Earlier this week, The X Factor UK's judging lineup was revealed via the show's official Twitter feed, with Take That's Gary Barlow, Destiny's Child singer Kelly Rowland, N-Dubz's Tulisa Contostavlos and returning participant Louis Walsh sharing a panel in the first series not to feature Simon Cowell as a regular judge.

Tonight, a message was posted on the show's micro-blogging account, confirming that the I'm A Celebrity presenter and former X Factor finalist will helm ITV2's companion show, after former presenter Konnie Huq was axed earlier this year.

The message read: "@carolineflack1 and Olly Murs @ollyofficial confirmed as hosts on Xtra Factor! #xfactor (sic)"

Flack, who had originally ruled herself out of the role on the show because of her presenting job on I'm A Celebrity, took to her Twitter account to thank her fans for their messages of support.

"Thankyou all so much..en route to Birmingham now for first auditions...xx," she wrote.

"It does mean I'm sadly leaving the jungle. But had two fab years with the best team and only have incredible memories!! Xxxxx"

This year's first X Factor auditions begin in Birmingham tomorrow.

After seeing the pics of the judges yesterday going into the first auditions, I'm pretty excited about the new lineup. I still wish Dannii was there and I don't know much about Kelly or Tulisa but it's good to have some fresh faces!

After seeing the pics of the judges yesterday going into the first auditions, I'm pretty excited about the new lineup. I still wish Dannii was there and I don't know much about Kelly or Tulisa but it's good to have some fresh faces!

I'm sure Lulu Walsh had some more work done to his face not so sure if it "fresh" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm not crazy about their clothing choices, I'll miss seeing Dannii and Cheryl's style battles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Radio 1 DJ Matt Edmondson is to host Xtra Factor

Noooooooooooooooooooo! I hate that guy. His radio show sucks and if said radio show is anything to go by, he'll make crap jokes and laugh at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Fago! wrote: »
    Noooooooooooooooooooo! I hate that guy. His radio show sucks and if said radio show is anything to go by, he'll make crap jokes and laugh at them.

No, Its confirmed to be Caroline Flack and Olly Murrs.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a324954/x-factor-boybands-take-that-link-annoys-fans.html

X Factor 2011 boyband The Mend have sparked fix complaints due to their connections with Take That.

The Mend were put together by Take That's former manager Nigel Martin-Smith. The music mogul is no longer in charge of the group, but still acts as their mentor.

A Digital Spy forum member complained: "Suppose it's just a coincidence they were put together by Take
    That's old manager.

"The show is disgusting and rigged."

The Mend features Kris Evans, Dean Kelly, Craig Worsley and Jay Kontzle. The band were sent through to Boot Camp after auditioning in Manchester at the weekend.

Describing themselves on Facebook, they said: "Together they are a Manchester based four-piece vocal group that produce, write, rap, sing, dance, you name it. They've been together for three years now, in and out the studio and rehearsing hard getting ready for 2011.

"The four together have created a fresh, urban soulful sound made up of all sorts of musical influences. They've worked alongside some incredible up and coming writers and producers."

An X Factor rep denied that Barlow's connections with Martin-Smith influenced the judges' decision on the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

all cowell's shows are fixed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Not too long until it's back on the TV.
    Where the hell have the months gone? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement