Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in North County Dublin

• 17-10-2010 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

In the South Dublin thread they have Jobs thread stickied. I think this would also be a great idea to get a thread for same purpose stickied here too.
    I think it would be a great benefit to some people and hopefully help some ppl get a job through somethign they've seen here.
    Every little helps and all that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

Great idea. I was walking through Malahide village yesterday and saw plenty of job positions on the shop windows etc. I'll post a few up later after I have another look. They may just be shop/pizza etc jobs but better than nothing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Daisy! wrote: »
    Great idea. I was walking through Malahide village yesterday and saw plenty of job positions on the shop windows etc. I'll post a few up later after I have another look. They may just be shop/pizza etc jobs but better than nothing :)

Exactly these type of jobs might not be on any websites and maybe will help eve na few people pn boards even by telling a friend of a friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Just at a glance walking around Malahide yesterday: McNally/Visions Opticians are looking for full time staff. Delfino's Coffee Shop/Deli, Pizza Hut, Quickbites and The Orchid Chinese Restaurant are looking for full and part time staff. The Really Old Sweetshop also had signs up last week but not sure if they're still looking or not. There's probably more, I always see lots of shop/restaurant job signs up in Malahide.

A friend of mine just started working in Gibneys and said they're always looking for staff at all levels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Good thread. Have a feeling i'll be needing it pretty soon too :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I need them as off today! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

sorry to hear that sNarah.
    The Sweetshop in Balbriggan have a sign up on the window that they are looking for fulltime staff.

I'm convinced there are less jobs on the FAS website now they've changed the layout...

sNarah wrote: »

Sorry to hear that sNarah :( I think getting out there and looking around your local towns for something to keep you going is a good idea. Most shop jobs wouldn't be up online. Best of luck.

Eoineo wrote: »
    sorry to hear that sNarah.
    The Sweetshop in Balbriggan have a sign up on the window that they are looking for fulltime staff.

I'm convinced there are less jobs on the FAS website now they've changed the layout...

Cheers, might pop in to them! Ah the FAS site is stoopid, advanced search should be an option. Good thing you can "switch" the old site back on which is what I do!

• Advertisement

How do you switch it back on? How the heck did I miss that!

Saw a good few signs up in the Pavillions this afternoon looking for full and part time staff.

Eoineo wrote: »
    How do you switch it back on? How the heck did I miss that!

Like so!
    131794.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Sorry to hear that Sarah. Hope you get sorted quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Falcon Crest

Good luck Sarah! Can't be too picky these days unfortunately, I know I wouldn't turn my nose up at a shop job if I had to, I'd be glad of it! Best of luck finding something.

HMV Pavillions SC are looking for staff :)

Country Crest are looking for a mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Friends of Autism and ADHD in Skerries have a CE positon coming up.It should be advertised with Fas.
    19 1/2 hours a week.Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

CompuB is opening in the Pavillions, next to Hughes and Hughes. It sells all things Apple, and is an authorised dealer.
    Currently recruiting sales staff.
    http://compub.com/?page_id=460

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Received from Skerries CA, but relevant to the whole area:

The Central Statistics Office will be recruiting over 5,000 Census Enumerators on their website from January 2011 for positions all over the country.

Anybody interested in these positions can Now Pre-Register and be sent a text or email on the opening day of recruitment.

Recruitment begins on January 4th 2011 until January 11th 2011. The competition will close once the number of applications reaches 15,000, and this may occur before January 11th.[FONT=arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]

You can register by going to
    www.cso.ie, clicking on the ‘CENSUS’ link at the top of the homepage and following on to the ‘CENSUS 2011 JOBS’ page. Information for registration will be displayed here.

These positions are on a 10 week contract basis from 8th March 2011 until 13th May 2011.

This work will be on a flexible basis, with a minimum of 22 hours per week mainly at evenings and weekends.[FONT=arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]

For more information please contact the Central Statistics Office through the following methods:

Address: Central Statistics Office, Swords Business Campus, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin, Ireland.

www.cso.ie

Tel: 01 - 4984000[FONT=arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]

E-mail:
    information@cso.ie

LoCall: 1890 313 414

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,741 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi all. There has been no movement in this thread for quite some time. Should it still be stickied?

HB

yes! :rolleyes:

FAS are recruiting for the new shopping centre, there is a recruitment centre near the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

FAS are recruiting for the new shopping centre, there is a recruitment centre near the roundabout.

Is this for Tesco centre> I hear a lot of the jobs are going to be 20hrs a wek. Anyone confirm this?

Post up the details & we can keep it going.

Was in Tully Nurseries in Ballyboughal earlier and they're looking for full and part time staff.

Blue Bar Skerries is looking for experienced bar & wait staff, part time and full time positions available. Email your CV to info@bluebar.ie or drop your CV into the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭LuckyMe63

Grange Arts center/cafe in Ballyboughil looking for shop staff

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭LuckyMe63

Which FAS office and where will the SC be?

LuckyMe63 wrote: »
    Which FAS office and where will the SC be?

The Tesco Recruitment Centre is located beside the FAS Office in the BEAT Centre in Balbriggan.

The shopping centre is located on the Naul Road in Balbriggan just before the graveyard when heading into the town. You can't exactly miss it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

The costa coffee in the lusk applegreen going northbound has a sign looking for part time staff. It says to hand in a cv.

Advertisement