Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iphone or Samsung????

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Fulfilling their legal obligations under EU consumer law is "great service".
    mmmk.

Great service that it was over the 2 year obligation. Please try again. :D Still in fits of laughter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

traprunner wrote: »
    Great service that it was over the 2 year obligation. Please try again. :D Still in fits of laughter.
    If it's a known design issue then the standard guarantee period does not apply.
    Again, absolutely nothing to do with Apple. It's utterly standard consumer protection law.
    Please try understanding your EU (not Apple) given right again. If you can your hysterics that is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

traprunner wrote: »
    Don't know what your issue is but I'm in stitches laughing here. Some nice designs on those there androids but I wasn't too pushed on the operating system. :D
    My issue is you said I was "nit-picking" when I proved you wrong and your brilliant response is to tell me you are laughing.
    Wow, I'm feeling so comprehensively beaten here because you apparently are laughing. Great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Samsung... would rather have no phone than an iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

my vote goes for the nexus - no bloatware and the price is great when compared to other phones of similar spec.

(runner up is the moto g - silly amount of phone for for practically no money )

also the iphone is great but stupidly overpriced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 mikeholmes1

If your beef's with Samsung, would you not consider trying another brand then? Lots of people rave about HTCs, Sony has its fans etc. Just wondering.

I will on my next phone,might try the one plus one,to be fair everyone i know who have had a samsung phone have had problems with it,everyone i speak to cant be wrong,my sister had to send her's off to get fixed after 2 weeks,that is pure madness imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Christ, some people really have nothing better to do with their lives than this Android vs Apple handbags-at-dawn nonsense.

OP; Whether to go for one or the other is really up to you. Android is typically cheaper and top range devices tend to be more advanced technologically to the iPhone. The iPhone, and Apple products in general, are easier and intuitive to use and better for those who either lack or are not bothered to get into the technology of a device - this of course means that you've better protected on an iPhone, but only because it won't allow you to install a lot of things that Android users get to use, so it's a double edged sword.

Both Apple and Android have pros and cons so it probably comes down to what deals are available for either on the networks, and given none of the idiots fighting on this thread seems to have even bothered to suggest anything in that direction, I'm just going to close it. As moderator, I apologize for the lack of maturity of the other posters here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement