Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

bulking up for skinny ass

• 08-10-2014 8:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Ok been running for a while now and ave lost a bit of weight... just below average weight for my height. And gona hit the gym for the next couple of months . Looking for the usual strength + bulk up on the muscle. Question is tinking bout taking an oral anabolic along with the usual protein diet and shakes just to help the process cause im naturally a skinny lad . Any body got any info on these ?. Any1 tried em b4? What is the risks? Where can i get em? Am I mad for even thinking it?
    Thanks for the advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Walk before you run.

So to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Jaysus.

What exactly were you thinking of taking?

Stay away lad, steroids are not good. In fact, even naturally produced testosterone is not really good for you, it's partly the reason women have longer life expectancies than men.

My advice: look up the stronglifts program, do it, and eat loads. Protein shakes are grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Forget bout steriods, just lift and eat its that simple.... Plenty of meat chicken fish oats rice potatoes veg and fruit, not a fan of starting strength or stronglifts but there not a bad starting place, you could try ws4sb or even bro split which would be better for muscle gain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Do not take steroids. You don't know nearly enough about your body to consider this an option and it will not end well. You'll gain a good bit of size and strength if you eat and train right. Especially as someone new to it. Don't neglect your diet it's essential to be eating over maintenance to build muscle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I'd also add that this is a road you can never travel back from. Once you juice, everything you achieve will be because of that and you may look back in later years and wonder what you can have achieved if you done it naturally.
    People will most likely know you are on steroids and either you lie or you admit it when they ask...

Aside from all that, it doesn't sound like you have lifted before and you want to do it for a couple of months to bulk up. There is no quick fix in life.
    What age are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Walk before you run.

So to speak.

This basically.

Start training; start eating right; start making sleep a priority. Keep at it for a couple of years, ~five times a week. See where you end up if you do all of those things.

Then reassess your training and support and what your actual goals are.

The vast majority of people never max out their natural athletic potential and / or they never acquire training goals so specific that would warrant additional medical support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

ddoylers wrote: »
    Question is tinking bout taking an oral anabolic along with the usual protein diet and shakes just to help the process cause im naturally a skinny lad .

the "usual" protein diet? If you're concerned about how skinny you are just eat a lot more calories. You can get them from carbs too.

You should also consider cutting out running for a few months while you work on building muscle.

Sounds like you need a decent diet plan and programme. Instead of wasting money on steroids why not pay for a personal trainer for a few months?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

If you're considering starting a cycle of any form of steroid just be sure to do your research and know any risicks that might be involved. Don't take everyone's word for it that condemn steroids when they haven't used them themselves. There are plenty of forums for that kind of information where people with relevant experience will give you advice and experiences they've had which will help you come to your own decision. Lots of people have had great success through correct use by not abusing them but at the same time lots of people have had life impacting effects. Would definitely suggest staying away from orals and sticking to injecting only by the way.

You should probably lift for at least a few years and gain as much as you can before even considering such a serious decision. Really, unless someone's aiming to compete professionally or be a fitness model, the risks far outweigh the benefits in my opinion. Potential hair loss is the reason I'll probably never do a cycle, unless there was a breakthrough in treatment for that like hair transplants with stem cell grown follicles.

If you're considering starting a cycle of any form of steroid just be sure to do your research and know any risicks that might be involved. Don't take everyone's word for it that condemn steroids when they haven't used them themselves.

Not everyone is condemning it but it's clear the OP has a lot to learn about training and nutrition before steroids should even enter into anyone's thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Not everyone is condemning it but it's clear the OP has a lot to learn about training and nutrition before steroids should even enter into anyone's thinking.
    or crazy fu+king thought here but maybe just maybe talk to someone that has helped people or themselves to put on muscle WITHOUT STEROIDS!!

Jasus kids these days, always want the shortcut

• Advertisement

I was talking about everyone as in people in general as a lot of people who don't even lift like to chime in and give their two cents about lifting and most of the time it'll result in retarded misinformation being spewed and them looking like an ignorant asshole. Mention steroids to the average person who has never even lifted and they lose their minds, most often start saying bullsh!t like if you take steroids you'll get a small dick, yet they couldn't even name any actual steroids maybe outside of test. This kind of scenario is SO bad in fact that most people who lift and have decent physiques will agree that discussions about lifting will occur out of nowhere with people who spew bullsh!t to the point that it's nauseating to talk to them. One wouldn't try to discuss football or rugby with someone who has a big interest in the sports if they themselves weren't actively interested in it because they'd be schooled and clueless when the actual sports fan starts mentioning player names or tactics etc.

It's also funny when people in person talk about protein and creation shakes as if they're actually some form of steroids or miracle powder that instantly transform someone into the stereotypical meathead they associate with steroids and bodybuilding in general.

Transform wrote: »
    or crazy fu+king thought here but maybe just maybe talk to someone that has helped people or themselves to put on muscle WITHOUT STEROIDS!!

Jasus kids these days, always want the shortcut

Talking to someone that's helped with that isn't even needed since we're in the age of the internet where anything you need to learn is easy to find with a small bit of research. However, it's also the age of what seems like an A.D.D epidemic where young people are too lazy to read anything that's not bullet pointed and highlighted in pretty colours as it takes too much effort. So there's no surprise to see young idiots who've hardly lifted a weight in their life with clearly limited knowledge on the subject opting in to taking "shortcuts." Even with the help of personal trainers lots of people still fail because they get a dose of harsh reality that what they once thought of as an easy to achieve goal isn't actually achievable by just working out chest and arms a couple of times a week and chugging a protein shake, but instead takes a lot of learning and tailoring of information to suit themselves and consistent training and stricter diets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭ddoylers

Ok thanks for all input op's
    Steriods are a non runner for me now .
    Was just looking for ppls opinions..
    Gona make a start in nov after dublin city marathon. I'll post progress ere.
    Thanks ppl.
    Any weekly sample diets much appreciated..

Thanks ppl.

Everyone's tastes are different. Just try and eat as much unprocessed food as you can. A good start is meat and veg. But there are loads of options.

Get a good workout program going as well.

mmm steroids. when you go the doctor he takes a medical history, blood pressure, heart and lungs test etc, usual stuff before prescribing even a mild medicine.
    These lads walk into a gym, talk to some charismatic ripped self professed doctorate and buy viles of anything that's agitated in a cement mixer from mexico or eastern Europe ha ha ha.

I will say one thing though, when it comes to steroids etc, there's a difference between using and Abusing!, still bullsh't though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The position of 'all steroids are evil and dangerous and wrong and will kill you and won't even work anyway' is plainly incorrect.

There are obviously elite athletes and bodybuilders out there availing of pharmaceutical assistance. Leaving aside the ethical or moral issue of cheating.

What I think is correct is that you'd need to be an extreme case for the expense / risk / additional medical monitoring involved to be worth it. If someone has a shot at an Olympic medal or professional athletic career and it could make the difference then the answer is different imo.

We're never going to have that position present itself here though I feel. :)

Thanks ppl.

Find out how many calories you need to be getting daily to gain weight and then piece a diet together to hit those calories. As long as you're eating as much as you need to, lifting hard and sleeping right you WILL get bigger. Enjoy the journey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

If you're going to take steroids don't take orals, the fact that you explicity said 'orals' shows that you don't know enough about steroids to go near them. If you're afraid of needles I don't think you mentally ready to commit to thr life long commitment of steroids.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement