Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    fisgon wrote: »
    Sound disappeared on the condensed version of CHargers-Raiders yesterday for me, not sure if that happened to anyone else.

Also, I didn't realise that we still had Gamepass, I tried to get it on Sunday and couldn't seem to. Am I missing something obvious? What am I doing wrong?

Same here...... ended up watching the broadcast version. Chris Berman is a disaster as an announcer anyway, you'd be better off not hearing him.

CoachTO wrote: »
    I got the Pats game at Full HD quality. You can manually set the quality by clicking on the signal bar or click auto quality. Either way it depends on your internet connection and the contention and ping rate on your network.

How should one check their internet connection to determine what quality one should use instead of auto?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Leslie91 wrote: »
    How should one check their internet connection to determine what quality one should use instead of auto?
    Trial and error TBH. Start at the bottom, and start moving it up every minute, until it stops running smoothly, and starts to buffer.

I have probably the worst internet connection known to man (Its meant to be 8 mb i thing, but it only downloads at 1.3 - 1.7mb). So I watch the games at 1200kb or 1600kb depending on how well my internet is working.

You could also check speedtest.net, and test your connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

StopWatch wrote: »
    Did realise just the other night though that, for whatever reason, it runs smoother in full-screen through IE as opposed to GoogleChrome which i usually use...

Ah, thank you. It was slightly laggy for me on the 4500kbps setting, even though my connection is fast enough. I was using Chrome, I changed to IE after reading this and now it's perfectly smooth (the PC connected to my TV isn't that powerful). It seems like the Flash renderer on IE is more efficient (CPU was at 90-100% under Chrome, but is only 40-50% on IE).

On a side-note I watched some of the all-22 film last night, and it's pretty crap, isn't it? I thought the camera-view would be a lot better, and you'd really need some kind of analogue controller to move the action back and forth. I hope the guys from some of the stats websites get some good stuff out of it, but can't see myself watching it.

I notice there's a documentary about Tim Tebow on NFL Network tonight (1am):
    The Faces of Tebow – A Football Life

Might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    padraig_f wrote: »

I notice there's a documentary about Tim Tebow on NFL Network tonight (1am):
    The Faces of Tebow – A Football Life

Might be worth a look.

Has there ever been a backup QB in the NFL that got more publicity than Timmy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

fisgon wrote: »
    Has there ever been a backup QB in the NFL that got more publicity than Timmy?

Indeed and has there ever been an alleged QB in the NFL, backup or otherwise, who has done virtually nothing to deserve such attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Did anyone use the game pass ipad app to watch the games last week? If so how did you find it? I had and am still having trouble with the quality of the stream and also couldnt access Red Zone at all. Is this a general problem with the ipad app or is it something i am doing wrong?

Indeed and has there ever been an alleged QB in the NFL, backup or otherwise, who has done virtually nothing to deserve such attention?
    Ah now, Im not a Tebow fanboy, but he helped bring a team that was 1-4 to 8-8 and get a playoff win.

I know the defense played a huge part, and Matt Prater and Chicago's (or rather Marion Barber's) minute of madness.

He QB'ed the team that beat the Steelers in a playoff game. Thats a pretty huge achievement.

He's renouned as one of the greatest College QB's of all time, in spite of his throwing motion.

People like you who constantly put him down as a nothing player are the reason the hype around him is so huge. The hype really surrounds him because he's such a divisive figure... some love him some hate him. The people that hate him shine as much of a spotlight on him as the ones who love him, as they are waiting for his big slip up.

Don't take the Tebow stuff so seriously. He's just another player.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

DDC1990 wrote: »
    People like you who constantly put him down as a nothing player are the reason the hype around him is so huge.

Constantly?..It's the first time I have ever commented on Tebow on this site, never mind this forum. So the expression 'constantly' certainly doesn't apply to me I'm afraid.
    DDC1990 wrote: »
    Ah Don't take the Tebow stuff so seriously. He's just another player.

I don't take him seriously and certainly not as a QB. Oh he could make a damn fine running back some day. But a franchise leading QB? Not a chance, unless you're a pretty desperate GM.

Now the lad is a real nice guy and has a top rate work ethic. But if I was his coach, I'd just prefer to see him taking a hand off rather than throwing the ball.

Constantly?..It's the first time I have ever commented on Tebow on this site, never mind this forum. So the expression 'constantly' certainly doesn't apply to me I'm afraid.

I don't take him seriously and certainly not as a QB. Oh he could make a damn fine running back some day. But a franchise leading QB? Not a chance, unless you're a pretty desperate GM.

Now the lad is a real nice guy and has a top rate work ethic. But if I was his coach, I'd just prefer to see him taking a hand off rather than throwing the ball.
    Apologies. that was a pretty throw away comment, there are many people on the forum that seem to think his impact on the game is insignificant. I just presumed you were a regular. Sorry bout that. Not trying to start a fight or anything :P Especially over a backup QB!!! :P

Actually, on your point as a running back, I don't think he'd be that good. He tends to fumble a bit (I know thats because of a different style of play when running as a QB), and while he has the size, I don't think he has that Running back speed. That Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, MJD speed and runningback brain that tells them where the hole is going to open up before it happens.

I think where he is, as a situational QB, is good. He's not a guy that will play 4 quarters effectivly for you. But if you need to get the ball in the endzone with time running out, he just seems to be drawn to the Endzone at times, eluding tackles. Or throwing one good deep ball to catch the defence out.

He's a winner, something that a lot of QB's with great arms, great accurace, great footwork, just don't have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I noticed that they are giving away the audio pass free for the weekend, and now they are giving full game pass as well?

I can't read it here, does it start tonight with the Bears game?

A mate of mine is away for the coming weekend and I was going to have his for nothing, pity they couldn't have picked next weekend for the free trial! After 2 weekends of it, I'd definitely be sucked into buying it!

Bateman wrote: »
    I noticed that they are giving away the audio pass free for the weekend, and now they are giving full game pass as well?

I can't read it here, does it start tonight with the Bears game?

A mate of mine is away for the coming weekend and I was going to have his for nothing, pity they couldn't have picked next weekend for the free trial! After 2 weekends of it, I'd definitely be sucked into buying it!

Looks like u can start your free trial right now and so see tonites game.

Enjoy!.

Howdy lads........ since they are doing these deals I went in to see how much it might cost me to go from what I have which runs to Jan 4 2013. The season plus is what they are offering but I notice that as regards the playoffs it says 'replays' ie. not live. Is that a fact does anyone know ie. with Gamepass you won't be able to see any playoff games live?

I assume this is because Sky has every playoff game live?

Yeah partly but, well I think GP covers regular season anyway does it not? So even if Sky pulled the playoffs for whatever possible reason, you still wouldn't get them on GP. That's my reading of it anyway, GP post-season is a different product.

Hmmm, Sky have the Bears-Packers tonight so that won't be on GP.

Yeah partly but, well I think GP covers regular season anyway does it not? So even if Sky pulled the playoffs for whatever possible reason, you still wouldn't get them on GP. That's my reading of it anyway, GP post-season is a different product.

Hmmm, Sky have the Bears-Packers tonight so that won't be on GP.

Only the sunday nite games on Sky are subject to the blackout ie. tonites game is on GP.

tremendous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone know if the cancellation process is long and annoying, i.e. can it be done at the click of a mouse? Wouldn't mind trying it, but don't want to risk 160 quid either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I bought one of those special cables that allows me to hook up my iPhone and iPad to a telly. I brought it home and found it didn't work with Game Pass. I could hear the sound but couldn't get a picture. It does work fine for Netflix and YouTube so it's not a total loss but I did buy it mainly for Game Pass.

I've also found that Game Pass doesn't seem to work on my iPad. Every time I switch it on, the stream keeps freezing up every few seconds. The connection on the iPad is fine on all other apps and browsing. I don't mind watching games on just my iPhone though I kinda wanted to watch them on the iPad or the iPad or iPhone via the TV. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

For people with access to both, what do you think is better, NFL Network Redzone or DirecTV Redzone? Is it the same cuts with different announcers or different cuts?

JJ wrote: »
    I bought one of those special cables that allows me to hook up my iPhone and iPad to a telly. I brought it home and found it didn't work with Game Pass. I could hear the sound but couldn't get a picture. It does work fine for Netflix and YouTube so it's not a total loss but I did buy it mainly for Game Pass.

I've also found that Game Pass doesn't seem to work on my iPad. Every time I switch it on, the stream keeps freezing up every few seconds. The connection on the iPad is fine on all other apps and browsing. I don't mind watching games on just my iPhone though I kinda wanted to watch them on the iPad or the iPad or iPhone via the TV. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

You may not wish to spunk another €120 on ATV but Game Pass running to a HDTV via Apple TV works spot on...depending on your connection speed etc obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

You may not wish to spunk another €120 on ATV but Game Pass running to a HDTV via Apple TV works spot on...depending on your connection speed etc obviously

You're right though I think I know the reason the picture doesn't show. I don't have an HDTV. I presume then the picture from Game Pass would show if you had any HDTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the cancellation process is long and annoying, i.e. can it be done at the click of a mouse? Wouldn't mind trying it, but don't want to risk 160 quid either

I'm gonna chance it with my o2 money card and try to cancel when the trial is up but if they try to charge me :pac:

your transaction has been declined because you have no money on this card

JJ wrote: »
    You're right though I think I know the reason the picture doesn't show. I don't have an HDTV. I presume then the picture from Game Pass would show if you had any HDTV.

Not sure, for the first 5 seconds or so on the tv when I switch over from the iPad it's standard d

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

For people with access to both, what do you think is better, NFL Network Redzone or DirecTV Redzone? Is it the same cuts with different announcers or different cuts?

I have directtv's Sunday ticket max package. While a few of the guys from work have the superfan one. So I've seen both redzones. Both are very similar. For the most part the format is identical. I prefer the redzone channel over the nfl's redzone. Mostly because of Andrew Siciliano.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kevinb99101

padraig_f wrote: »
    Ah, thank you. It was slightly laggy for me on the 4500kbps setting, even though my connection is fast enough. I was using Chrome, I changed to IE after reading this and now it's perfectly smooth (the PC connected to my TV isn't that powerful). It seems like the Flash renderer on IE is more efficient (CPU was at 90-100% under Chrome, but is only 40-50% on IE).

I used to always use chrome to watch GamePass but after reading the comment above I tried out IE and the CPU usage was significantly lower. I use a Sapphire Edge HD3 http://www.sapphiretech.com/edge/overview.aspx
    as my media centre to watch movies and stream GamePass to my HD TV. Its under-powered CPU wise (uses atom processor) and Chrome used to max it at 100% without being able to get the full 4500kb GamePass stream. However with IE, I was able to watch the bears game last night in full HD stream (4500kb) and the CPU averaged about 70%.

Who would have thought that IE8 and Flash was more efficient than chrome and Flash...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,522 ✭✭✭nerd69

What games are blacked out today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

nerd69 wrote: »
    What games are blacked out today

Saints Panthers at 6 and Redskins Rams at 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Can you get redzone on the iPad app?

Advertisement