Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scam

Options
  • 18-06-2010 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey all,

Just wondering about a site I found http://www.irishfakeid.com/ (I'm not promoting it and as far as I know its not a spam/virus site, I've checked). Anyone have any info on it? I'm heading stateside next year for college but I'm not yet 21. It looks pretty legit, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this site or others like it before I send them any money? I'm not 21 for another year and I'd like to have some form of ID before heading over. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :D

Thanks a million...

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum, I wasn't sure where else to post it!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

I can see this staying open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

will90 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just wondering about a site I found http://www.irishfakeid.com/ (I'm not promoting it and as far as I know its not a spam/virus site, I've checked). Anyone have any info on it? I'm heading stateside next year for college but I'm not yet 21. It looks pretty legit, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this site or others like it before I send them any money? I'm not 21 for another year and I'd like to have some form of ID before heading over. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :D

Thanks a million...

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum, I wasn't sure where else to post it!

How can something be legit if its illegal???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

A fake/novelty ID isn't necessarily illegal in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Its not illegal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

will90 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Thanks a million...

Lol. The clue is in the name of the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

You might find a lot of places only accept your passport as ID. All your doing is giving you cash to someone who preys on niave teenagers.

..one day when you old (41 say) you will wish to be under 21 again! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I wouldn't go bringing a fake ID with me on the plane, you could bring your holiday to an abrupt end pretty quickly if they found it during a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I believe it's only illegal if official IDs are being forged. No laws against having a generic card with your name on it =p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

We're not gonna help you pick out fake ids here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement