Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Joomla Updates delayed by 5 to 10 mins

Options
  • 04-05-2010 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Guys I'having a problem with my web sites of late that are built on joomla, I'm seeing a delay of between 5 & 10 Minutes from when the update is saved in the back end to when it appears in the front end irrespective of whether I clear cache etc. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Are you clearing the cache in your browser or on the site itself?

Zen cart seems to cache queries, which might be causing this. Have a look at this page

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Hi Eoin, I'm not using Zen Cart, I'm using Joomla. I've updated to the latest version of Joomla and cleared cache in the broswer and on the server. I've disabled caching through the backend of Joomla and none of this seems to make any difference. All help greatly appreciated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sorry, I have no idea why I had zen cart in my mind - I must have been reading another thread at the same time. A quick google showed this page:
    http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=431&t=507962&start=0

I've googled the bejesus out of this and tried every recomended fix and none seem to be working. The delay is getting worse and totally unpredictable.
    The only thing that appeared to make a difference was re-naming the "page" folder. The changes I made were immediatley visiable but of course it then recreated the page. I've just been on to the Host and there seems to be an issue with my ability to change ownership to this file/folder. That may be effecting Joomlas ability to empty the cache but then again I could be wrong! I'd thought that disabling the cache would have stopped the need for this but I'm not sure.

For anyone else who has been bugged with this problem here is the fix!
    Disabling global cache is not enough. You need to disable the system cache plugin also for your updates to be visable. Thanks for your inputs guys. I'll post this on the joomla forums too as alot of people seem to have come across this problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement