Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Osama bin Laden speaks out on climate change

Options
  • 30-01-2010 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Yesterday, on the Arab TV network Al-Jazeera, Osama Bin Laden spoke out on climate change and rediculed America and other industralized nations for the catastrophes in climate change.
    AP wrote:
    The al-Qaida leader blamed the United States and other industrialized nations for climate change and said the only way to prevent disaster was to break the American economy, calling on the world to boycott U.S. goods and stop using the dollar".

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100129/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_bin_laden_tape

He also pointed out that America has not signed the Kyoto Protocol:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyoto_Protocol

The United States, although a signatory to the Kyoto Protocol, has neither ratified nor withdrawn from the Protocol. The signature alone is merely symbolic, as the Kyoto Protocol is non-binding on the United States unless ratified

Osama has been slated by the US as attempting to gain populism via propaganda on a popular world topic.

But, why slate him, when he has pointed out some facts. Why do we feel the urge to believe all things American and not someone from a middle eastern country.

What is your take on the whole thing? Do you believe that all things American is correct or do you feel that certain middle eastern countries are being "bullied".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

When bad meets evil...

Who do you believe more, Al gore or Osama Bin Laden, both have a vested interest and have built empires around their religions!

edit: this must be the first time ever they see eye to eye as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Xluna wrote: »
    When bad meets evil...

The Perfect Smug! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 AtariBaby

Xluna wrote: »
    When bad meets evil...
    What do you mean? Do you feel both are evil working in compliance with one another. That was suggested in WW2. Nazi Germany was allied by America and England until there was a bit of a coup in the entire camp. Thank god for the Russians.

What was it Reagan used to say in the 80's.
    Oh yes, "Goddamn those commie bastards". He must of been referring to the WW2 incident. He most of never gotten over it.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Its a Bin Laden PR stunt to try and appeal to moderates and try portray himself as one,
    This is at atime when a number of his men are currently in secret talks to give up violence because at present they see no end in sight of the fighting.

Gobal warming (if you believe it or not - a topic for another thread!) is being used by this nut case as a further tool to divide and conqure the hearts and minds of the people.
    He has no more interest in the melting of ice packs than Katie Price. Its just a means to an end.

Next...

• Advertisement

Who do you believe more, Al gore or Osama Bin Laden, both have a vested interest and have built empires around their religions!
    With recent developments in the Chilcott enquiry, I would probably side with Osama bin Laden or is that Obama bin Laden.

I'm not overly informed so I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Fcuk me, he'll be booking out Croker next for a fundraising Live Aid style gig :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Biggins wrote: »
    Its a Bin Laden PR stunt to try and appeal to moderates and try portray himself as one,
    This is at atime when a number of his men are currently in secret talks to give up violence because at present they see no end in sight of the fighting.

Gobal warming (if you believe it or not - a topic for another thread!) is being used by this nut case as a further tool to divide and conqure the hearts and minds of the people.
    He has no more interest in the melting of ice packs than Katie Price. Its just a means to an end.

Next...
    Do you think the Americans will get all the oil. They probably need it for the colonasization of another planet. They are exploring many planets but those planets have no natural resources that humans have figured out how to use. America hopes to colonize another planet by using natural resource from this one, to buy time till these scientists figure out how to use the other planets natural resource. When all that is done, its kaboom time for Earth and its unworthy inhabitants.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

So suicide bombers will be using low carbon bombs?

scudzilla wrote: »
    Fcuk me, he'll be booking out Croker next for a fundraising Live Aid style gig :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Who? Osama or Obama?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

AtariBaby wrote: »
    Who? Osama or Obama?

Aint they one and the same :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

But, why slate him, when he has pointed out some facts. Why do we feel the urge to believe all things American and not someone from a middle eastern country.

Not exactly just some ordinary lad from the Middle East

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fcuking hippy

Biggins wrote: »
    Next...

I'm not exactly sure that siding with Al Gore is one of his wiser decisions, but not as unwise as sitting out under that air raid in 1992.

Not exactly just some ordinary lad from the Middle East
    I'm sure if you got a few guinness's down his throat he would be just like any other lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Maybe with his new attitude towards saving the earth he can team up with bono and pursued him to be a martyr for allah.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So wait, he Blows up 4 fueled jet liners the WTC the Pennsylvania wilderness and 1/5th of the pentagon and He's the Environmentalist?

Hahahahahaha....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

How many innocent civilians has America killed? Whatever his motives he has a point, although the point as I see it is more related to the focus on materialism and its ramifications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

I'm not exactly sure that siding with Al Gore is one of his wiser decisions

Could you give us an example of one of his wiser decisions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Osama "Recycle Bin" Laden

• Advertisement

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Could you give us an example of one of his wiser decisions ?

You have to view him from the other side of the fence!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

After all those years of searching Afghanistan and Pakistan, Max Clifford finally caught up with him.

Pretty soon, Osama will be the new face of Gillette and Calvin Klein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I noticed Afghanistan haven't signed it yet either.

And San Marino too.

Bloody San Marinoites. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Oh Ho, now this is a very clever move.

Many people see some terrorists as freedom fighters, I know some people who think the 9/11 attacks can be fully justified and they're not Arabs. The beauty of terrorism as I understand it, is that it divides a society from within. We have an innate tendency to look at the attacks for some motivation (even if there was none) and usually conclude that the "freedom fighters" have a reason for doing for what they did.
    In many of his videos Osama Bin Laden always try to gives a sort of rational excuse for his actions, be it American Hypocrisy or American Colonialism. Anti American sentiment is quite high and terrorists usually feed it, sometimes indirectly. Pointing out U.S hypocrisy on Climate Change is, as Biggins said, just another clever PR Stunt. Namely we're discussing the pr1ck; what his motives are and wondering if he truly is being genuine. All of which actually matter zilch, but we're still rationalising him. Something which we should not be doing.
    Please close the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Bin Laden is long dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Malty_T wrote: »
    Many people see some terrorists as freedom fighters

FYP ?
    kryogen wrote: »
    Bin Laden is long dead

No he's not

He was seen at an Elvis concert only last week.

Overheal wrote: »
    So wait, he Blows up 4 fueled jet liners the WTC the Pennsylvania wilderness and 1/5th of the pentagon and He's the Environmentalist?

Hahahahahaha....
    WTF, you mean you didn't know that America done all that themselves to cook up war fever against middle eastern countries in order to use it as an excuse to get their hands on the oil. Are you serious..hahahaha. Where you from...America?

kryogen wrote: »
    Bin Laden is long dead
    There is no such person as Osama Bin Laden. Al-Jazeera Tv is just a heap of yankess stuck out in the nevada wilderness wearing beards and shooting Ak-47s into the sky.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Osama Bin Liner is a bad man.

• Advertisement

There is no such person as Osama Bin Laden..

These days, he's a bit like the woman in the "Tom and Jerry" cartoons, or the neighbour in "Home Improvements", you never get to see the face!

I have visions of the lads in a cave drawing straws, "it's your turn to speak!"

Advertisement