Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NOTICE FOR ALL ORGANISERS - Tickets to future events given from prizepool

Options
  • 17-08-2009 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭

All tournament organisers please be aware that point 17 of the charter

17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash (free entry to other tournie, merchandice etc)

Must be answered correctly, even if there is a possibility that you might give out tickets to future events as part of a tour or otherwise. We have recieved feedback from some players saying that on the day it is announced that €x is given in the form of tickets from the prizepool despite the fact this was not mentioned in the promotional material on Boards.

If organisers continue to mess around like this then the right of posting and promoting events on Boards will be withdrawn from them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

about time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

So if i write

There is a Possibility of seats to future Big Slick Events from the prizepool which will only be decided if the prizepool is sufficent ?does this cover it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bigbadben

So if i write

There is a Possibility of seats to future Big Slick Events from the prizepool which will only be decided if the prizepool is sufficent ?does this cover it

I presume your taking the michael?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think what would be better Neill, is if it is phrased something like:

There will be tickets to (xxx) event given for the top prizes if the prize pool exceeds €yyy.

xxx and yyy should really be known factors too at the time of posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Will look at this Dom

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Verbal_Kint

5starpool wrote: »
    I think what would be better Neill, is if it is phrased something like:

There will be tickets to (xxx) event given for the top prizes if the prize pool exceeds €yyy.

xxx and yyy should really be known factors too at the time of posting.

Thats not a bad suggestion.

I would prefer it though if instead of having to take the ticket you could substitute it for cash if you cant play the event and the cost of this is that you have to give up the reg fee and get the buy in as cash... In a E100+E15 tournament have the option to cash in your ticket for E100.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Thats not a bad suggestion.

I would prefer it though if instead of having to take the ticket you could substitute it for cash if you cant play the event and the cost of this is that you have to give up the reg fee and get the buy in as cash... In a E100+E15 tournament have the option to cash in your ticket for E100.

Well thats a question that can be asked on thread and the promoter can answer then. We are not trying to tell promoters how to structure the prizepool, just looking for transparency for players so they can make an informed decision if they want to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

This really annoys me about playing in events in certain places. IMO if you pay cash in you should expect to get cash back if you win.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Agreed Kev. I think the main issue is that before deciding to play the game, the players know if it is likely, based on X number of players turning up, that some part of the prizepool will be non cash, unless it is obviously a non cash prize super sat.

Once it is clear that this will happen (even only if a certain prizepool is generated), the punter can choose to go or not to go, and if they don't want a ticket that forms part of the prize, then that is for them to take up with the organiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

I think that they should say if there is a cash alternative and what is the value of the cash alternative. I have heard(on grapvine although quite reliable normally) recently of tournament organisers offering a ticket in the prizepool then not offering full value for it in cash. ie. €200 ticket but only €180 cash. A cheek IMO.

I have also heard some offering the ticket for say €200+€20reg then only giving €200 back. Although the €20reg for the big game has come out of the prizepool in the super sat game. Another cheek.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭joe mckeever

i think you should name them tournament organisers, you cannot say that and not name them, it,s bad for the rest of us, i,m doing poker tournaments over 5 years and i have never heard of that going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Dean.Tamkin

i think you should name them tournament organisers, you cannot say that and not name them, it,s bad for the rest of us, i,m doing poker tournaments over 5 years and i have never heard of that going on
    It was Hibernian Poker , but sure you know that allready;):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Mr. Wolf

We all had a good laugh about that post in the Shamrock last Thursday Damo, shame you didn't have the decency or the balls to mention it in Galway over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Chiricahua1

Hibernian Poker have been short changing players in this manner for years.

Interesting that the MD of the company doesn't deny this fact but has a sly dig at Damien kent by mentioning he runs games in the shamrock bar (a former venue of Damiens Banditz poker).

I know for a fact that Hibernian are also going back on their promise that cash is an alternative to tickets won at their games or in their cash league final.

Players beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Mr. Wolf

Hibernian Poker have been short changing players in this manner for years.

Interesting that the MD of the company doesn't deny this fact but has a sly dig at Damien kent by mentioning he runs games in the shamrock bar (a former venue of Damiens Banditz poker).

I know for a fact that Hibernian are also going back on their promise that cash is an alternative to tickets won at their games or in their cash league final.

Players beware.

Welcome to boards, i've denied all the allegations made by that man, just wondered why he didn't have the guts say any of this to my face when i last saw him, cash is an aternative to tickets won at all our games (including our cash leagule final). Thanks for the anonymous post, just proves what everyone sez about you.
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭IPR_Iain

Mr. Wolf wrote: »
    Welcome to boards, i've denied all the allegations made by that man, just wondered why he didn't have the guts say any of this to my face when i last saw him, cash is an aternative to tickets won at all our games (including our cash leagule final). Thanks for the anonymous post, just proves what everyone sez about you.
    Mick

I can confirm that having won a lot of tickets at Mr. Wolfs place, I have been allowed to use them for whatever I wanted to play just like cash.

Any everybody else does too. He even honour's tickets from a while back.

I think it is a bit lame now to start this up again. Move on man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ciaranm199

a good tournament on in Eire Og clubhouse Carlow tomorrow at 5-20 buy in for a grand prize money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭joe mckeever

It was Hibernian Poker , but sure you know that allready;):rolleyes:
    Just seen your post dean Tamkin, no i did not know that and i don,t believe it anyway, played in micks games never had any problems, and i never heard any players give out about tickets,have a good day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Just seen your post dean Tamkin, no i did not know that and i don,t believe it anyway, played in micks games never had any problems, and i never heard any players give out about tickets,have a good day
    Jaysus Joe don't cod yourself ffs

We all had a good laugh about that post in the Shamrock last Thursday Damo, shame you didn't have the decency or the balls to mention it in Galway over the weekend.
    LOL

• Advertisement

Mick
    More LOL

IPR_Iain wrote: »
    I can confirm that having won a lot of tickets at Mr. Wolfs place, I have been allowed to use them for whatever I wanted to play just like cash.

Any everybody else does too. He even honour's tickets from a while back.

I think it is a bit lame now to start this up again. Move on man.
    After your post on the previous page this deserves a BIG LOL

Jaysus i miss this place;)

Advertisement