Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fortnightly Marvel Graphic Novel Collection

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fconno316

so it looks like the classic run will be another 60 books. 120 in total. frustrating to say the least.

http://www.graphicnovelcollection.com/titles.html

listed below incase it is removed

Below is the full list of the Marvel Graphic Novels Collection titles for this series.

ASTONISHING X-MEN : DANGEROUS
    ASTONISHING X-MEN: GIFTED
    AVENGERS PRIME
    AVENGERS VERSUS X-MEN PART 3
    AVENGERS VS X-MEN PART 1
    AVENGERS VS X-MEN PART 2
    AVENGERS: CHILDREN CRUSADE
    AVENGERS: DISASSEMBLED
    AVENGERS: FOREVER PT 1
    AVENGERS: FOREVER PT 2
    BATTLE SCARS
    BLACK PANTHER: WHO IS THE BLACK PANTHER
    BLACK PANTHER: PANTHER'S RAGE
    CAPTAIN AMERICA & THE FALCON: MADBOMB
    CAPTAIN AMERICA & THE FALCON: THE SECRET EMPIRE
    CAPTAIN AMERICA : THE NEW DEAL
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE CHOSEN
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER
    CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND MI13: VAMPIRE STATE
    CAPTAIN BRITAIN: A CROOKED WORLD
    CIVIL WAR
    DAREDEVIL: BORN AGAIN
    DAREDEVIL: MARKED FOR MURDER
    DAREDEVIL: SOUND AND FURY
    DAREDEVIL: VISIONARIES (GUARDIAN DEVIL)
    DEADPOOL: WADE WILSON'S WAR
    DEATHLOK
    DOCTOR STRANGE: THE OATH
    DR STRANGE: A NAMELESSS NAME, A TIMELESS TIME
    DR STRANGE: A SEPARATE REALITY
    ETERNALS
    FALLEN SON: DEATH OF CAPTAIN AMERICA
    FANTASTIC FOUR: THE END
    FANTASTIC FOUR: UNTHINKABLE
    FANTASTIC FOUR: AUTHORITATIVE ACTION
    FANTASTIC FOUR: DOOMSDAY
    FANTASTIC FOUR: THE COMING OF GALACTUS
    FEAR ITSELF PART 1
    FEAR ITSELF PART 2
    GHOST RIDER: ROAD TO DAMNATION
    HOUSE OF M
    HOWARD THE DUCK
    HULK: SCORCHED EARTH
    HULK: SILENT SCREAMS
    IRON FIST: THE SEARCH FOR COLLEEN WING
    IRON MAN: DEMON IN A BOTTLE
    IRON MAN: EXTREMIS
    IRON MAN: THE BEGINNING OF THE END
    IRON MAN: THE TRADGEDY AND THE TRIUMPH
    LIFE & DEATH OF CAPTAIN MARVEL PART 1
    LIFE & DEATH OF CAPTAIN MARVEL PART 2
    MARVEL HORROR
    MARVEL ORIGINS: THE 60S
    MARVEL ORIGINS: THE 70S
    MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS PT 1
    MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS PT 2
    MARVEL TEAM-UP
    MARVEL WHAT IF? (BEST OF)
    MARVEL ZOMBIES
    MARVELS
    NEW AVENGERS VOL 1: BREAK OUT
    NEW X-MEN : E IS FOR EXTINCTION
    NEW X-MEN : IMPERIAL
    NICK FURY: AGENT OF SHIELD PART 1
    NICK FURY: AGENT OF SHIELD PART 2
    PUNISHER : WELCOME BACK FRANK
    PUNISHER : WELCOME BACK FRANK PT 2
    SECRET AVENGERS
    SECRET INVASION
    SECRET WAR
    SHADOWLAND
    SHE HULK: SINGLE WHITE FEMALE
    SIEGE
    SILVER SURFER: ORIGINS
    SON OF M
    SPIDER-ISLAND PART 1
    SPIDER-ISLAND PART 2
    SPIDER-MAN: BLUE
    SPIDER-MAN: KRAVEN'S LAST HUNT
    THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: COMING HOME
    THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: DEATH OF THE STACYS
    THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: REVELATIONS
    THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: SPIDER-MAN NO MORE
    THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: VENOM
    THE AVENGERS/DEFENDERS WAR
    THE AVENGERS: BIRTH OF ULTRON
    THE AVENGERS: THE KORVAC SAGA
    THE AVENGERS: THE KREE/SKRULL WAR
    THE DAY OF THE DEFENDERS
    THE INCREDIBLE HULK - PLANET HULK PT 1: EXILE… PLUS ANARCHY
    THE INCREDIBLE HULK - PLANET HULK PT 2: ALLEGIANCE… PLUS ARMAGEDDON
    THE INCREDIBLE HULK: HEART OF THE ATOM
    THE INCREDIBLE HULK: THE MONSTER UNLEASHED
    THE INHUMANS
    THE MIGHTY THOR: IN SEARCH OF GODS
    THE MIGHTY THOR: RAGNAROK
    THE THANOS IMPERATIVE
    THE ULTIMATES : HOMELAND SECURITY
    THE ULTIMATES: SUPER HUMAN
    THE UNCANNY X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX
    THE UNCANNY X-MEN: SECOND GENESIS
    THOR THE LAST VIKING
    THOR: REBORN
    THOR: TALES OF ASGARD
    THUNDERBOLTS: FAITH IN MONSTERS
    ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN: WHO IS MILES MORALES?
    ULTIMATE DEATH OF SPIDER MAN
    ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL 1: POWER AND RESPONSIBILITY
    VENOM
    WARLOCK PART 1
    WARLOCK PART 2
    WOLVERINE
    WOLVERINE: OLD MAN LOGAN
    WOLVERINE: ORIGIN
    WOLVERINE: WEAPON X
    WORLD WAR HULK
    X-MEN: IN THE SHADOW OF SAURON
    X-MEN: SCHISM
    X-MEN: TWILIGHT OF THE MUTANTS

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tanjobidesu

So going back to that Wikipedia article - can anyone please confirm or deny whether the Irish version of "Captain America - Winter Soldier" covers issues 1-7? The UK version definitely covers issues 8-9 & 11-14, but it's also true that the German version covers issues 1-7. The collector in me would love to find an English version of that (even though I can read German!), but I don't want to go on a wild goose chase if one was never actually issued!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

So going back to that Wikipedia article - can anyone please confirm or deny whether the Irish version of "Captain America - Winter Soldier" covers issues 1-7? The UK version definitely covers issues 8-9 & 11-14, but it's also true that the German version covers issues 1-7. The collector in me would love to find an English version of that (even though I can read German!), but I don't want to go on a wild goose chase if one was never actually issued!

I'll check when I get home but I'm quite sure that the book I received did not cover issues 1 through 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Our version is the UK version so it covers 8-9 & 11-14 like you said but not 1-7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tanjobidesu

Thanks very much for your help! I can stop trawling ebay now!

Makes you wonder where the original Wikipedia information came from...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

fconno316 wrote: »
    so it looks like the classic run will be another 60 books. 120 in total. frustrating to say the least.

How is it frustrating? If people are enjoying the books then what's the problem?

I started getting the books recently when I heard they were starting to do the classic stuff. I'm not a big fan (understatement) of the Bendis/Loeb/Millar modern era of Marvel stuff but the lineup for the classic books is fantastic.

And just a small correction, afaik there are 40 classic books so 20 of the 60 new ones are modern stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

So what is being delivered at the moment? Number/title wise. Was planning on only getting the first 60, thing is these are getting delivered somewhere else so have no idea what the current title is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

jank wrote: »
    So what is being delivered at the moment? Number/title wise. Was planning on only getting the first 60, thing is these are getting delivered somewhere else so have no idea what the current title is.

I'm getting the Marvels Mightiest Heroes series (the red books) in the local newsagent and the latest issue was number 20 and featured the Falcon with 70's Captain America stories and his 1980's mini-series.

I'm getting the Ultimate Graphic Novel collection (the black books) via subscription so I think I'm a few issues behind what the newsagent gets. The last books I got were a couple of weeks ago, I got numbers 68 and 69. Issue 69 was numbered 65 in the series and featured the Daredevil story "Shadowland" written by Andy Diggle, it was pretty decent too.

Issue 68 was numbered Classic III which is where things get a bit complicated. The classic stories seem to be pre-1975 stuff and get roman numerals rather than numbers. 68 was a collection of Stan Lee/Steve Ditko Doctor Strange stories, gotta say Ditko's art is really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

This is just after getting a rebooting of the initial series.

Did anyone get to complete the collection? I am about 10/12 issues away after scouring ebay the last few months (have spent nearly €200 this year alone :eek: :( ) the ones I need are near the tail end of the series so it'll be well over a year before they come around again.

Inadvertently started the other collections as it was better value to get a few books with the shipping from English sellers.

This collection is the original one and a great jumping on spot for anyone starting off with Marvel or like myself at the time getting back in after years out.

There was also another 60 book collection with the continuation of the numbers, a classic collection using roman numerals and a character one (the red books) all with their own subscriptions. Think the first one took off well then they overloaded us with them.

Subscription is €14.99 per regular issue but think Big Bang were selling for ~€13 iirc. Same gifts as last time.

I still have most my collection in the original plastic but want to get through them soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

L.S.F wrote: »
    This is just after getting a rebooting of the initial series.

Did anyone get to complete the collection? I am about 10/12 issues away after scouring ebay the last few months (have spent nearly €200 this year alone :eek: :( ) the ones I need are near the tail end of the series so it'll be well over a year before they come around again.

Inadvertently started the other collections as it was better value to get a few books with the shipping from English sellers.

This collection is the original one and a great jumping on spot for anyone starting off with Marvel or like myself at the time getting back in after years out.

There was also another 60 book collection with the continuation of the numbers, a classic collection using roman numerals and a character one (the red books) all with their own subscriptions. Think the first one took off well then they overloaded us with them.

Subscription is €14.99 per regular issue but think Big Bang were selling for ~€13 iirc. Same gifts as last time.

I still have most my collection in the original plastic but want to get through them soon enough.

Finished the original run when it first came out. I definitely liked the titles they were looking to, and have now, put out out through the extended line but I just couldn't justify the money on 60 more when I had read so few of the original 60 at that stage. Still, I think it's a great collection, especially for anyone of the age of wanting to start looking into comics.
    Marvel-Graphic-Novel-Collection-complete.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Is there a listing of what's coming/release dates?

Is there a listing of what's coming/release dates?

It seems to be the same as the previous time. Website says X-Men: Dark Phoenix (Great read and is the book that turned me into collecting them) is out now and the next 3 list after are the same order as before. List from Wiki

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This looks interesting. I would like to dip into Marvel but frequently feel overwhelmed with where to start or go.

This a massive collection of all the classic stories or what's the deal ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

TheDoc wrote: »
    This looks interesting. I would like to dip into Marvel but frequently feel overwhelmed with where to start or go.

This a massive collection of all the classic stories or what's the deal ?

If you're looking for marvel recommendations, just ask! It can feel fairly overwhelming alright but you'll see the same few books mentioned over and over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

So
    Close
    To
    Finishing
    The
    Full

Thwip! wrote: »
    So
    Close
    To
    Finishing
    The
    Full

What ones are you missing? I didn't realise that the classic collection was a continuation of the mural to be placed before #1

Looks like I'll start collecting that properly now that I know :o

Advertisement