Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Lizzboy wrote: »

Also when people say "All these scumbags constantly fighting!", take a walk up Harcourt street at 3am on a Saturday night, your not going to see a crowd of posh people making daisy chains and hugging each other, I can assure you of that... Fighting happens in every walk of society. It's the rising level of knife crime that people would want to be worried about...

The term scumbag is not classist - chav is. That said I never see any fights in Harcourt street when back in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Piriz

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

sometimes the actions of a few can tarnish a whole group - i remember in the early days of punk, there was a murder at a Dublin gig - and punk became associated with violence in the media for years - the reality was there was only a few punch ups -

even the Rolling Stones became associated with violence for years, due to the actions of one or 2 Hells Angels at Altamont

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BowlingLad

Shocked and saddened by the number of people on here trying to claim drugs are ok and anyone who drinks is as liable to do "outrageous things".

While people may drink to excess it is million times better then taking even 1 pill.

1 pill can kill you.
    too many pills will in general hurt you and others more then to many drinks.
    Pills/drugs and even weed of any kind is illegal.
    Buying them directly supports crime/gangs/all related activities/knife crime.

If you are a pill head that is your decision but do not try and defend the indefensible.

I know I would feel safer around a group of messy drunks instead of people off their heads on class a drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

BowlingLad wrote: »
    Shocked and saddened by the number of people on here trying to claim drugs are ok and anyone who drinks is as liable to do "outrageous things".

While people may drink to excess it is million times better then taking even 1 pill.

1 pill can kill you.

If you are a pill head that is your decision but do not try and defend the indefensible.

I know I would feel safer around a group of messy drunks instead of people off their heads on class a drugs.

drools....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

1 pill can kill you.

Tell it to Joe Duffy pal,

And being honest, you might not feel it but you would be a lot safer around the people on yokes, ever wonder why its called ecstacy?

Edit: 1 pill can kill you, correct, if its cyanide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Ive heard some very wierd ways of getting high its what the youth of today are doing apparently:
    sticking their head and inhaling fridge freezer air - supposed to crystalize your braincells and get you high like on deodrant.
    bath salts - its a pretty new one on me
    hapric toilet soap - inhaling it some how i dunno
    head shop gear is supposed to be in abundance on the streets now,i heard from one person there is some stuff that gets you completley high and aggressive..
    the drugs of today have changed: they make you more aggressive,people dont want to chill out with a little bit of hash and be happy out chit chatting anymore..

I'm only guessing here, but I think she could be talking about snowblow, mephedrone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I'd feel a lot safer around people smoking joints than people necking back cans to be honest.

cynadie? that shows how narrow minded and gullible the users of Ireland are.

When you buy xtc (or any other illegal substance) how do you know its xtc? Get a receipt and guarantee of the drug lord or scum bag who gave it to you?

What do you know about its affects? Why do you think it is illegal?

Zero1986 wrote: »
    I'd feel a lot safer around people smoking joints than people necking back cans to be honest.

I wont get into a debate about that as it ma be true, however you still have the problem of where does the weed come from? Who gets it into the country and who pays the price?

People dont seem to have any clue about the underworld and families suffering due to loved ones getting caught up or killed. Waste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Well its illegal regardless of how pure it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lizzboy

1 pill can kill you.

I'm not trying to claim the fact that pills are OK. I'm just stating facts from my own experience and that of about 20 other friends who were on the same holiday in Ibiza. Not one argument in 14 days of clubbing says something, whether you like the idea of it maybe being down to the drug use or not is irrelevant. The fact is the scenario of going to Dublin on a 14 day session without seeing a single argument, would in my opinion simply be impossible. And I personally put that down to the amount of alcohol people consume.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I'm seriously considering banning the next person that posts that video or the pictures from T in the Park.

When you buy xtc (or any other illegal substance) how do you know its xtc? Get a receipt and guarantee of the drug lord or scum bag who gave it to you?

There must be hundreds of thousands if not millions taken every year in Ireland alone and how many deaths come from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If the people who took the drugs had no alcohol taken would there have been trouble?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I wont get into a debate about that as it ma be true, however you still have the problem of where does the weed come from? Who gets it into the country and who pays the price?

People dont seem to have any clue about the underworld and families suffering due to loved ones getting caught up or killed. Waste.
    Hence why cannabis should be legalised and regulated in this country. Also a lot of people grow their own for their own consumption.

Besides cannabis is obviously not the problem in this country, it's alcohol and harder drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

1 pill can kill you.

I'm not going to bother. I'll give you 2 links right now. Educate yourself if you want. And that's it, I'm not getting into it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/video/2011/jan/10/david-nutt-drugs-policy

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/nov/01/alcohol-more-harmful-than-heroin-crack

we may all be guilty of getting distracted by the bigger issue - the culture not the substance. As lizzy says the amount and extent irish get of their heads may be the issue.

El Weidro - do not know why you would want to ban a video like that unless your claiming it did not happen at the event in question, people can counter that video with a video of people having the "craic" if they want. People were out of their minds fighting - and worse still appearing to target anyone/random innocent people/people trying to help. It also shows the completely lack of security. 1 person there - in fairness doing his best, why should he risk his life.

There is a culture of getting off our heads, now combined with carrying knifes. That to me means premeditated to use it - the guy should be charged for attempted murder. If someone died as a result he should be charged for murder not manslaughter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

El Weidro - do not know why you would want to ban a video like that ............

...because its been posted umpteen times?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Would you support the legalisation of drugs then? That would take all the money out of the 'underworlds' hands in one swoop.

Shryke wrote: »
    I'm not going to bother. I'll give you 2 links right now. Educate yourself if you want. And that's it, I'm not getting into it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/video/2011/jan/10/david-nutt-drugs-policy

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/nov/01/alcohol-more-harmful-than-heroin-crack

Stats are easily manipulated, especially by the media.

Remember it is easy to say alcohol is worse -because for every drug user there could be 100 alcohol users.

Did you know most people on Irish roads die within 10 miles of their home - So that must mean people drive faster and take less care on the roads the believe they know best???
    -Or is it because we do 80% of our driving within 10 miles of our house.

Did you know airplanes are the safest way to travel???
    - Safest when you look at the deaths per mile stat.
    - one of most dangerous when you look at deaths per journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Nodin wrote: »
    ...because its been posted umpteen times?
    Exactly.

Thank you, Nodin.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Not that i do much these days but when i do take drugs i use testing kits to prove their purity, also it's not in a drug dealers interests to be poisoning their costumers.

I also have to agree with the other poster about Ibiza, i was there last month for 2 weeks and i have never seen so much drug use in my life and there was not even the hint of a fight breaking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Did you know airplanes are the safest way to fly???

As opposed to what......... cars?

Would you support the legalisation of drugs then? That would take all the money out of the 'underworlds' hands in one swoop.

Absolutely, while i don't agree with hard drugs banning them clearly doesn't work.

The Government may as well make money off it instead of wasting money fighting it. Use that money to create initiatives to change our culture - or to at least police the streets properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

we may all be guilty of getting distracted by the bigger issue - the culture not the substance. As lizzy says the amount and extent irish get of their heads may be the issue.

El Weidro - do not know why you would want to ban a video like that unless your claiming it did not happen at the event in question, people can counter that video with a video of people having the "craic" if they want. People were out of their minds fighting - and worse still appearing to target anyone/random innocent people/people trying to help. It also shows the completely lack of security. 1 person there - in fairness doing his best, why should he risk his life.

There is a culture of getting off our heads, now combined with carrying knifes. That to me means premeditated to use it - the guy should be charged for attempted murder. If someone died as a result he should be charged for murder not manslaughter.

It's not so much an Irish problem then a people problem. It happens everywhere in the world.

I've been to loads of concerts and festivals in Ireland and have never seen an ounce of trouble. Will be heading to EP and I hope my festival going remains trouble free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Yeah I'm not sure if a drugs are worse than alcohol debate and vice-versa is really that relevant. I think that if you bring a knife to a gig, only one thing is gonna happen, whether you stay sober or ingest your body weight in booze and drugs.

1210m5g wrote: »
    Not that i do much these days but when i do take drugs i use testing kits to prove their purity.

it is unlikely that the majority of youngsters off their face in the park would have the cop on you had!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Stats are easily manipulated, especially by the media.

Remember it is easy to say alcohol is worse -because for every drug user there could be 100 alcohol users.

Did you know most people on Irish roads die within 10 miles of their home - So that must mean people drive faster and take less care on the roads the believe they know best???
    -Or is it because we do 80% of our driving within 10 miles of our house.

Did you know airplanes are the safest way to travel???
    - Safest when you look at the deaths per mile stat.
    - one of most dangerous when you look at deaths per journey.

And the media have manipulated the facts about drugs for decades. The fact that you think 1 pill can kill you shows just how clueless you are, even though you think you're informed.
    The rest of your post is nonsensical.

Anyway, stabbing people, bad form there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement