Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Triax tr112 Saorview box changing channels

• 21-01-2012 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,
    Im hoping someone in Boards.ie land can help.
    I recently bought a Triax tr112 digital reciever saorview box which wasnt a problem to set up but its switching channels without any interaction from me. This isnt happening all of the time and seems to be very random but is most annoying.
    I have powered the unit down, unplugged the hard drive thats connected to it but it continues to happen.
    Any thoughts/ideas would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chalicetree

Sorry to resurrect this but I have had the exact same problem and was wondering if you or anyone else has found a solution. We have read the manual back to front but I'm obviously missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You would have a better chance of getting an answer if you posted this in the Terrestial forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 chalicetree

Thanks I'll try that

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to Terrestrial.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

you could try the latest firmware from Jan 2012

available at http://www.triax.co.uk/upload/tr112_software_release_web_january_2012_001.zip

Make sure to follow the instructins carefully and only use the one from the link I provided. The file is zipped on the link so you'll need to unzip first and copy the necessay file to a blank USB drive.

instructions are as follows....

1.Format USB Stick to FAT32

2.Load latest Software on to the USB stick, Unzip if necessary (the file you are looking for is called pesi_ireland_xxxxxxx.bin, it's a couple of folder down inside the zipped file)

3.Power up the TR112 Receiver

4.Insert the USB stick fully into the slot located at the back of the TR112 receiver.
    wait approximately 5 seconds, You will see a message saying "Has found storage device".

5.Press Menu on the remote Control, goto "Setting", "Upgrade"

6.Select "USB Upgrade" and press Enter, Locate the upgrade file on the USB Stick (.bin),
    then press Enter.

DO NOT SWITCH OFF OR REMOVE USB STICK

This will take approximately 3 mins.

7.The TR112 Receiver will restart, you can now remove the USB stick and retune the TR112 Receiver.

Hope that helps you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 kerryman

I have had the same problem so the solution that works for me is to do a factory reset after you do your first install and the re tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭elgan

hi Digital Satellite TV,

Do you have a link for the updated flash, the current one has expired. The combo box has lost all the satellite channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

elgan wrote: »
    hi Digital Satellite TV,

Do you have a link for the updated flash, the current one has expired. The combo box has lost all the satellite channels.

the TR212 is a saorview only box

tr114 is the combo box...I can email you a channel list for the 114 you will simply need to add your saorview channels for your area unless same as me in Limerick we use ch 44 and 47 for saorview

Advertisement