Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fiat ducato sundance Motorhome year 2000

• 22-01-2014 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi my gears are very stiff to push into gear when driving, my fiat ducato sundance year 2000 , but stationary there very easy to change , can this be adjusted anyway, ??? Thanks...nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I assume that has a hydraulic clutch? If so , they aren't adjustable . Have you checked/changed the gear oil?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Nickjf wrote: »
    Hi my gears are very stiff to push into gear when driving, my fiat ducato sundance year 2000 , but stationary there very easy to change , can this be adjusted anyway, ??? Thanks...nick

Its the gift that keeps on giving lol. Most likely the rear gearbox mounting is gone its less than 20 euro to replace. Definitely when you don't know the history of it check chang the oil as aidan says.

why would the (commonly failed) mount cause it hard to get into gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Nickjf

Sorry to sound thick but where would I check for gearbox oil.? Thanks

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    why would the (commonly failed) mount cause it hard to get into gear?

There was almost no rubber left on ours despite doe when we got it and it was slopping about and banging pulling on the cables especially the front selector cable which had no slack. Our was a pig to change at times was fine after the mount was changed. Then again when I changed it I lubricated everything in the visinity, cable ends and pivots, turbo actuator etc so it may have been friction related.

• Advertisement

Sorry to sound thick but where would I check for gearbox oil.? Thanks

There's a fill and drain plug on the middle side and bottom of the gear box. They're sometimes bolts and sometimes hex-indented discs. Open the upper one first because if you can't get it open then you'll wish you hadn't opened the lower one ;).

fiat-x19-gearbox-plug-filler-608-p.jpg

gearboxOilChange.jpg

That's RWD^ same story on a FWD but the gearbox is under the bonnet.

Check the level and colour of the clutch fluid too if it's gone brown renew it and bleed the brakes and clutch. It loses it's compressive strength after a few years.

On the fiat it's a square drive rather than a hex, or else a 21mm nut but otherwise Liam is spot on. (As usual!)

Just noticed on the other thread you said something different - they were fine with the engine off and stiff with the engine running. In which case I'd ask is yours a cable clutch?

and check there isn't a mat blocking the clutch pedal from fully extending.

Advertisement