Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electrolux RM 4260 3-way fridge no longer working on 12v

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Nickjf

Hi moodrater yes the control panel is the same as you sent me, my leisure battery status is on just over middle of green section, and no I'm not very technical, have not got a multimeter??? So I connect to mains ,then switch green light up to I symbol on switch, and see what happens?? So is there bulbs in these switches that glow or don't they glow on this model of fridge???. And 12 v just turn on to leisure battery symbol C I presume then feel vent after a while and fins at top inside of fridge??? Or in freezer compartment is it?? Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Almost unheard of for the green 220v one to blow , not unusual for the red 12v one to burn out . However 12v/mains/gas are all totally separate from each other , in that era of fridge, so no single fault should stop it working . Aside from it falling out on the ground! lol

We'll have managed to get fridge going on 220 ,thought the green switch would glow though,but obviously not on this fridge, not tried gas yet, so fingers crossed, thanks for all help guys. Nick

One more thing, the gears are reasonably easy to change when engine not running, but when engine is running its hard to push into gears would it be something I read about called gear linkage????? Hope it's not clutch.....nick

Sounds like clutch dragging , Gear linkage shouldn't cause that,.

• Advertisement

Sorry not that technical, does that mean clutch is on its way out or can thanks....nick be adjusted????

Sorry I meant is clutch on way out or can it be adjusted????

Might be best to start a new thread.

Advertisement