Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Mazda 6 overpriced

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Looks to be a very good car.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Looks to be a very good car.

I think PBurns means the typo of €1,000,000. But really that could also be the cost for parts and service over 5 years, if you go to a certain Dublin southside Mazda dealer.:D

hadn't seen a normal picture of one before, granted, that's a high spec model, but it looks brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Considering it's a brand new car, whats it doing with an mph speedo?(just aswell it has German plates I suppose)

It looks fantastic IMO. The interior is a pleasant surprise. The 2.5 litre obvioously won't be a seller here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

That looks suprisingly good. Couldn't believe it was a mazda when I saw it. As said already, its high spec alright but if the lower models are anything similar, I'd still think it would look well.

Hj

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

jebus that is some frickin ugly cheap looking interior, not too bad from outside though.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Hmm it definately looks like a cheaply finished interior - hopefully the pics don't do it justice.

It's got nice curves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yeah that one in the pics is the z-sport model with full body kit. i wonder how the bog standard will look compared to this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

prices ...

The "entry" Executive level, with a 1.8-litre petrol powertrain will carry a price tag of €27,495. Diesel versions will follow in the new year. The Executive SE is priced at €29,495, the Sport at €31,165, the Sport SE at €35,165 and the top-of-the-range 2.5-litre Z Sport at €39,495. The Sport and Sport SE versions will be available with 2-litre engines at a €3,000 premium.

Standard equipment: Executive - 16" alloy wheels, four electric windows, heated mirrors, air conditioning, ESP, daytime running lights.

Executive SE: dual-zone climate control, cruise control, remote stereo controls, leather steering wheel, six-speed gearbox.

Sport: sport bodykit, 18" alloy wheels, front fog lights.

Sport SE: electrically folding mirrors, automatic lights and wipers, six-CD changer, Bluetooth.

Z-Sport: half-leather seats, electric driver's seat, Xenon headlamps, Bose stereo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

If you look at it bang side on, u cud believe it was a lexus. The interior looks cheap but it is a jap. On the engine front dat 1.8 wud be way better than the 110bhp 1.6 in the ford mondeo(the car its based on) which struggles to move. Finally it is completely massive so maybe its worth the price tag. After all wudnt u prefer it to an avensis 1.8?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

I don't see anything wrong with the interior TBH - it's maybe not 'German' enough for some tastes(?) Hasn't been an issue in any press I've seen.

The one in pics is pre-production so maybe that's it?

I didn't spend my childhood being driven around in Bimmers and Mercs though - I think i'm a bit de-sensitised when it comes to interiors.

New Laguna looks to have a nice interior...

Can an interior of a family saloon look anything unlike a Passat's and still be described as acceptable?

EDIT: beat me to it pburns!

Can an interior of a family saloon look anything unlike a Passat's and still be described as acceptable?

so do you actually like that interior?

copacetic wrote: »
    so do you actually like that interior?
    I like the look of it, but I'll reserve judgment until I drive it. I liked the design of the old 6 interior, but to be fair, some of the finishes let it down.

There's more to interiors than coating plastic in a thin coat of rubber that looks good in the showroom but wears off after 2 years

I like the look of it, but I'll reserve judgment until I drive it. I liked the design of the old 6 interior, but to be fair, some of the finishes let it down.

There's more to interiors than coating plastic in a thin coat of rubber that looks good in the showroom but wears off after 2 years

who says that is what interiors are about? anything actually useful to say or just trying to get the chip off your shoulder?

I'd like to know what you'd look for in an interior of a car like the 6. presuming you were the type of person they're aiming it at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

... check out the price of parts, then you'll understand why Mazda never joined the ranks of Toyota et al...

Oilrig wrote: »
    ... check out the price of parts, then you'll understand why Mazda never joined the ranks of Toyota et al...
    They're pretty pricey alright, we have had a few Mazdas in the family, and while things don't tend to break, items like bumpers, lights, consumables are noticably pricier than on Toyotas, but around the same as Honda.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Quality of the Passat interior is ok but nothing special to write home about imo. Definately not as good as some other VWs.

Anyway back on topic, I like the look of the 6 inside and out. Could do with upgrading the bread and butter engines though. 1.8 litre is carried straight over from the previous model, no variable valves, direct injection or anything, only has something like 118bhp afaik which is a bit weak for 1.8 these days especially in what looks like a very big and heavy body.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

bazz26 wrote: »
    1.8 litre is carried straight over from the previous model, no variable valves, direct injection or anything, only has something like 118bhp afaik which is a bit weak for 1.8 these days especially in what looks like a very big and heavy body.

It actually lighter than the old model. Part of Mazda's new policy apparantly...

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/first_drive.php?sid=1132&page=5

I'm not sure they should hype this fact in Ireland though where many conservative people still hanker for 'a good solid car, heavy on the road'. Presumably these people will still go for a base Passat 1.9TDI...

As for interiors, the only one I can't stomach is the Golf (and Jetta I suppose) - a retrograde step from the well-finished older model.

• Advertisement
Advertisement