Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Here's how I felt after getting screened out of a survey today....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGGfnLBTLdY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 miss charity

Is it just that I am slow, or has anyone actually completed a survey in the allotted time. For example, "survey should take 20 mins", forty mins later you have only 75% complete. I was doing them for over 3 years and rarely managed to do one in the suggested time it would take, even though I am computer literate, and have been for over 20 years.

Really!! Why? I have spent up to an hour trying to complete surveys that are supposed to take 25 minutes and are so repetitive and boring , I know some people just put in any old answer, click click click, what does it matter, but I actually read all the questions and gave my honest opinion, maybe that's where I was going wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

I noticed they are now offering Eason evouchers, not as good as Amazon but may be useful for some people? :)

Thanks for that, I hadn't noticed about the Easons vouchers. Never be as good as Amazon though. They were great for little treats for myself or pressies for the family. Used to make all the hours I spent doing surveys worthwhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A book I'm after at the moment is 17.99 with Easons and 8.50 with Amazon!

I know, if they were going to replace amazon vouchers you would think they would find somewhere less expensive, I can never even afford to buy cards in Easons. Of course if the 8.50 is £ and you have to add another £5 for postage, when you convert that to € then it would probably work out about the same to buy it in Easons.

I know, if they were going to replace amazon vouchers you would think they would find somewhere less expensive, I can never even afford to buy cards in Easons. Of course if the 8.50 is £ and you have to add another £5 for postage, when you convert that to € then it would probably work out about the same to buy it in Easons.

No all euro equivalent. Postage is better from Amazon thanks to parcel motel and a daughter in NI.
    Amazon also have great value in quality used books, books that easons don't stock and of course non book goods as well such as fishing gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 SuperRobotWars

Hi all, new to this thread. So far I've only used irishopinions over a year or two however they don't seem to stock Amazon giftcards any more. Has anyone used mysurveys before, as they seem to stock a lot more giftcards but someone said they're not legit. Also would anyone recommend redclive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Mysurveys take forever to earn enough to cash out as rewards are tiny but they are legit.
    Red C pay well but surveys can be months apart and you have to reach €50 to receive your rewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭bmc58

Hi SRW,
    I would recommend Red C Live.I have been a member for18 mths and get regular surveys of 1e to 4e.Got one for 5e yesterday.Got 2 payouts of 50e no problem.Cheque arrived within 10days.Would recommend without hesitation.Surveys might be a week apart or you may get 3 in a week.
    One word of caution though,at the end of the survey you are asked some profile questions about "how many adults and children under and over 18"live in your house.Make sure that you put the same answers in the correct boxes that you entered at the start of the survey.
    I messed up the under/over 18 question in a couple early surveys I done and the survey was just cancelled even though it was just a simple error.
    No other problems.RED C is fine by me.

Been there.Done that.Put it down to experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

bmc58 wrote: »
    One word of caution though,at the end of the survey you are asked some profile questions about "how many adults and children under and over 18"live in your house.Make sure that you put the same answers in the correct boxes that you entered at the start of the survey.
    I messed up the under/over 18 question in a couple early surveys I done and the survey was just cancelled even though it was just a simple error.
    No other problems.RED C is fine by me.

Yeah, me too - I missed out on a €5 survey with a typo at the end. The question was about number of children in the house, and I answered with my age for some reason (which is a little bit higher than the number of children in any house). They rejected the whole thing. A bit of common-sense validation would have been nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Latest offering i got from I.O was a 30 min survey with a €2 reward, it was hosted by Red C Live who would pay €5 if it was directly from them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I got a 30 minute financial survey yesterday from IO, all for €2.

Over 20 minutes into it, it was supposed to download a video - waited over 20 minutes and nothing happened. Binned it. Waste of time some of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

IO is a waste of time in comparison to Red C. Closed acc with IO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Magso

I have being doing surveys for the past year and have received €60 in total, Have had no difficulty in receiving tokens

IO is a waste of time in comparison to Red C. Closed acc with IO.

I do both and while IO is smaller money, they send more polls and I would earn twice as much in a year from them than I do with RedC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

ive done two or three surveys lately where i got to the end but the last page where you rate the survey never appeared. therefore i never got the points. must total to over 3 euro. very annoying only reason i do them is money towards a holiday

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Had an unreal number of surveys fail to load with errors recently (HTTP 301, dodgy SQL, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Just beware, I've had several surveys over the past few weeks with videos that fail to load due to getting blocked by my Ad Blocker (they're on surveys that load the entire video before playing) In all cases the video starts loading when I make an exception for the page.

Happens to me too from time to time.
    Just wait for the next one then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I've completed a couple of surveys this week, but it is still showing as 'no rewards pending', which is strange. Is anyone else seeing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

RainyDay wrote: »
    I've completed a couple of surveys this week, but it is still showing as 'no rewards pending', which is strange. Is anyone else seeing this?
    Yeah the last two I completed have been the same; I did one a couple of minutes ago and another on the 23rd and neither are showing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Last pending was on the 25th. Im sure ive done a couple since then. will keep an eye on the next one to see if it shows up in the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Just tried another survey (44220479 -Utilities) and got about 5 minutes into it and it threw up the following message, after me answering a lot of questions: "Thanks for trying but our records show that you've already played this survey once - sorry!". I haven't 'played' that one before, not really sure what's going on with them at the moment.

• Advertisement

Advertisement