Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

new opel astra 1st service

• 18-11-2007 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Can anyone tell me when first service is due on the new opel astra, is it 20,000k or 30,000k. Have checked website and cannot find anything on it. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Petrol or diesel? My diesel is 30k intervals

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Your handbook will confirm and the letters "INSP 01" will appear in the mileage display as you start the car when a service is due. My 06 Zafira (1.6) displayed this message just before 20,000kms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Remind me not to bad a car from anyone of you guys.

Oil is a very important part of a car, a car will burn 4 litres of oil over 20000 miles.

If you want your car to run smoothly and efficently you should get a new car serviced every 10k miles at least.

You shouldnt wait till the INSP comes on or what the manufacturer states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 kevin123123

Found it eventually in the book lads, I have a 1.8 Astra petrol and it needs to be serviced every 30,000 Kilometers.but think I will get it done on 25000k just to keep her in good condition. Thanks
    P.s. Kluivert ,when I say 30,000k on a new car then that means kilometers as 30,000m would be miles

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

kluivert wrote: »
    Remind me not to bad a car from anyone of you guys.

Oil is a very important part of a car, a car will burn 4 litres of oil over 20000 miles.

If you want your car to run smoothly and efficently you should get a new car serviced every 10k miles at least.

You shouldnt wait till the INSP comes on or what the manufacturer states.

Say's who? Manufacturers design these cars to last - and that includes servicing. Over servicing won't do any harm, but all it's going to do is empty your wallet.

I've a 2006 Zafira and I only needed to put 0.5 litres of oil into it over 22,500 kms.

I don't see any logical reason to disregard the manufacturers recommendations. Service your car as per the service schedule or do it more frequently - you decide - it's your money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

crosstownk wrote: »
    Say's who? Manufacturers design these cars to last - and that includes servicing. Over servicing won't do any harm, but all it's going to do is empty your wallet.

I've a 2006 Zafira and I only needed to put 0.5 litres of oil into it over 22,500 kms.

I don't see any logical reason to disregard the manufacturers recommendations. Service your car as per the service schedule or do it more frequently - you decide - it's your money.

Crosstownk is dead right. If you stick to the recommended service schedules you should have no trouble. Every car burns oil, it is consumable but just not as consumable as petrol / diesel.

The old days of servicing your car every 10,000kms are long gone. Only some of the japs recommend you service every 15000kms and the Volvo Flexifuels require an "OIL" change every 10000kms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

crosstownk wrote: »

Its in the Haynes Manuals that even though it manufacture recommends service intervals on 20000km you should change the oil every 10000km.

Oil change in McChesneys Opel is 80e. 40e labour 20e oil approx + vat.

Expensive for an oil change i agree.

Advertisement