Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork City Marathon, June 4th 2012.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

I don't think the green t shirt in the bag is the finishers t.shirt as there is no writing on it. Its just a plain green t shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

BobMac104 wrote: »
    I don't think the green t shirt in the bag is the finishers t.shirt as there is no writing on it. Its just a plain green t shirt.

I hope it's not, the Cork shirt from last year is my favourite, was hoping for a spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

Interesting artilcle in last nights Evening Echo on the resident course measurer.

Best of Luck to everyone running on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Mr Slow wrote: »
    I hope it's not, the Cork shirt from last year is my favourite, was hoping for a spare.

Only one t-shirt I'm afraid and that's the one you get at registration. Would agree that last year's one is a bit nicer, mind you the one from the year before that was a piece of cr*p!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭alitoast

Green t-shirt, might save me getting an irish jersey for my trip to Poznan next weekend :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

opus wrote: »
    Mr Slow wrote: »

Only one t-shirt I'm afraid and that's the one you get at registration. Would agree that last year's one is a bit nicer, mind you the one from the year before that was a piece of cr*p!

Really no finshers t shirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

alitoast wrote: »
    Green t-shirt, might save me getting an irish jersey for my trip to Poznan next weekend :D

Me too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

BobMac104 wrote: »
    Really no finshers t shirt?

That's disappointing to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭corkrunner71

similar top to last yr i think but green

Yeah and unlike last year this year they have size small so I'm happy!

Rotterdam Marathon handed out a basic t-shirt at registration and that was it. Berlin Marathon gave a nice t-shirt at registration and a 'finishers' t-shirt at registration - both of which were optional extras at a price. Dublin Marathon gives out your shirt at the finish so you have to cross the line to get it.

Happy enough with my green Cork shirt - will I wear it in Poznan next Sunday? Maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

9d0b7f193683078.jpg Seen both and the half blue one is much nicer than the full this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

Ladies top isn't as nice as last year. Very disappointing. And it's the same colour as the half ladies! So can't even show off wearing it in a few weeks time.

By the way, check the print on your tops before you leave the City Hall - my two friends doing the half had to swop theirs as the print was on the collar and half of it was missing.

Jogathon wrote: »
    Ladies top isn't as nice as last year. Very disappointing. And it's the same colour as the half ladies! So can't even show off wearing it in a few weeks time.

By the way, check the print on your tops before you leave the City Hall - my two friends doing the half had to swop theirs as the print was on the collar and half of it was missing.

Also double check the size too as they gave me the wrong one and they are trying to push some sizes more that others (I over heard)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Hitting the road to cork this morning. Really looking forward to it now.
    Very best of luck to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

docjewel wrote: »
    Interesting artilcle in last nights Evening Echo on the resident course measurer.

Best of Luck to everyone running on Monday.
    thanks. Interesting article alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 derfelroark

Are we there yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 isogel

Best of luck to all running tomorrow in the cork city marathon... hopefully the weather will get better ..

sideswipe wrote: »
    Hitting the road to cork this morning. Really looking forward to it now.
    Very best of luck to all.

On the way myself in an hour or so. Lot of time to kill tonight, anyone fancy a few pints before the run :P

Yeah. Gonna hit road in half hour or so.

Good luck to all. Think forecast seems okay on accuweather, well there's a pic of a sun with a few clouds around it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Check this beauty out:
    http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Munster/Cork/hour_by_hour.html
    Stops raining at 4pm this evening and dry until 7pm tomorrow.
    Sunny with temps of 12-15deg and a very slight breeze.

Looks perfect to me!

• Advertisement

thanks. Interesting article alright.

Condo: what is acceptable margin for error over a marathon course. Within a meter or two or something like that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Condo131

1m/km distance, irrespective of race: i.e. 42.2m for Marathon, 21.1 for HM and 10m for 10k. This is already factored into the calibration before & after measuring, called SCPF (Short Course Protection Factor) = 1.001.

For any race, another measurer, armed with the course documentation, should be able to repeat any other measurer's course, to within a pretty close tolerance. If it's within 42.2m for a marathon, it's ok, in theory. However if I was more than a few meters out, I'd be crapping myself and looking for a repeat verification. Everything always needs to be double-checked!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Good article that on the measurement. I like the last bit... 'despite what their new-fangled wrist devices might say'. My wrist device, fairly new-fangled, is always off by 1 percent or a bit more.

Oh the stress of threading the chip through laces while the missus tries to get herself and 2 kids ready for dinner :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Bloddy hell, never felt anything like this before, major butterflies in the ol' tummy! If you see a slightly grey and balding geezer ( ok, a lot of grey:p), getting sick before the start line...come over and say Hi !:pac:

Mr.W.

Oh the stress of threading the chip through laces while the missus tries to get herself and 2 kids ready for dinner :pac:

Timing chip!!! I knew I was forgetting something, thanks paulieyifter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Best of luck to all boardsies in Cork tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Just a point of note. The full marathon pacers t-shirts are also green, albeit a brighter shade than the tshirts you will find in your race pack. The balloons will clearly indentify pacers though.

Best of luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭knipper

EauRouge79 wrote: »
    Just a point of note. The full marathon pacers t-shirts are also green, albeit a brighter shade than the tshirts you will find in your race pack. The balloons will clearly indentify pacers though.

Best of luck to everyone.

Disappointed with my pack which my bro collected for me today instead of small half tee got large relay also very cheap bag compared to previous years and not great freebies with the pack. Looks like a big effort was made to drive down costs this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

knipper wrote: »
    Disappointed with my pack which my bro collected for me today instead of small half tee got large relay also very cheap bag compared to previous years and not great freebies with the pack. Looks like a big effort was made to drive down costs this year.

Not a whole lot of stuff in there alright. I guess costs have to be cut, dont see any mention of Bord Gais this year, so that must have lost that main sponsorship.
    The expo could do with something extra.

Advertisement