Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Festina lente

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

RayCun wrote: »
    Back to the club session (in my shiny new Boards top :D), this time for 300m reps :eek: 15 reps with about a minute recovery (although I think a couple of the recovery periods were longer) Relatively easy pace for the first 10 reps, picking it up for the last 5 -
    69, 68, 69, 68, 70, 68, 69, 68, 68, 69, 65, 67, 65, 65, 63
    (Mile pace was somewhere between 5.30 and 6.00, but the Garmin couldn't really handle a tight loop so it was much more variable than the times would suggest)

Was a great session to do with a group - I didn't look at the watch at all, just hung on the shoulder of the guy in front and let him set the pace. (And let him burn me off on the last couple of reps too, when he picked it up I just had to let him go)

3.67 total, including warmup and warmdown

Mighty stuff Ray
    Hoping to get down tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Cool, see you there
    (if I can still walk)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Are you running Leixlip on Saturday?

no, next race is Sportsworld on the 15th (...then Donore Summer 5k, Dunshaughlin 10k, the race series...)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Hmmmm I might split it every week between one of the interval sessions in UCD or here cuz cherrywood or whatever it's called seems to be closer to me. Am in Templeogue at present......

Though your interval pacing there sounds like it may be a little beyond me!

Sounds like the training is going well lad!

• Advertisement

no, next race is Sportsworld on the 15th (...then Donore Summer 5k, Dunshaughlin 10k, the race series...)

Jeez, was it something I said?

Perkina3 wrote: »
    Hmmmm I might split it every week between one of the interval sessions in UCD or here cuz cherrywood or whatever it's called seems to be closer to me. Am in Templeogue at present......

Though your interval pacing there sounds like it may be a little beyond me!

Sure, come along. The meeting point is here, you'll see a bunch of people there at 7pm.
    The interval pacing is whatever you can manage yourself - I stuck close to the coach, but there were people running at a slower pace.

mrslow wrote: »

Could have been the chilli's comment there :P

Sure, come along. The meeting point is here, you'll see a bunch of people there at 7pm.
    The interval pacing is whatever you can manage yourself - I stuck close to the coach, but there were people running at a slower pace.

Ah crap! It's on the grass? I hate running on grass! :P

I may do that alright but prob be next week

Leixlip was outside the M50 last time I looked :pac:

• Advertisement

Leixlip was outside the M50 last time I looked :pac:

Sorry, I forgot who I was dealing with, time to dust off the passport Ray. There's smashin races outside the Pale.

"Join a club", they say. "Running with a group is more fun", they say.

Do they tell you that club sessions will involve medicine ball work (minute squats, minute plank, minute sit-ups, .4 mile at 10k pace x3, then throw the ball around, then run with the ball, then more squats followed by uphill sprints x3)? No they do not :mad:
    Do they tell you that this will destroy your 1000 mile challenge progress (only 2.5 miles tonight)? No, they do not :mad:
    Bastards, they are, a shower of bastards. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Who would have thought my shin splints would actually be a godsend! Poor broken Ray...:P A lucky escape for me I think.

Do they tell you that club sessions will involve medicine ball work (minute squats, minute plank, minute sit-ups, .4 mile at 10k pace x3, then throw the ball around, then run with the ball, then more squats followed by uphill sprints x3)? No they do not :mad:
    Do they tell you that this will destroy your 1000 mile challenge progress (only 2.5 miles tonight)? No, they do not :mad:

Stop whining and looking for sympathy Ray
    You know you loved it!

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Stop whining and looking for sympathy Ray
    You know you loved it!

He'll be early next week :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Well if it's any consolation you made me laugh with this :)

He'll be early next week :P

He was hanging around at the end tonight- I bet he was going to do a few extra laps.....

5.37 miles in 51:58 (9.41 pace)

Recovery run this morning for my poor broken legs

mtd: 17.5

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭macinalli

Might take longer to complete the 1000 miles but the 2.5 painful miles that you did last night will benefit you more than an easy 5 mile run. Think of the quality!

Ha, I'll be passing you out this weekend methinks :D, unless you're running 26 miles between now and Sunday?

• Advertisement

Ah, but my miles are quality miles, so they count double.

Ah, but my miles are quality miles, so they count double.

Does 'quality' get you to 1,000 quicker? I thought that was the goal of the '1,000 mile challenge' or is it supposed to be the '500 quality mile challenge'?:D:D:D:D

Does 'quality' get you to 1,000 quicker? I thought that was the goal of the '1,000 mile challenge' or is it supposed to be the '500 quality mile challenge'?:D:D:D:D

It's actually the Dunshaughlin smackdown, and yes, quality miles will put you in your place :pac:

Enjoy your victory over someone who has run a marathon 3 weeks before!

Oh, I will :D

But hey, if you're already conceding defeat and looking for a rematch, I'm entered in the marathon race series...

Oh, I will :D

But hey, if you're already conceding defeat and looking for a rematch, I'm entered in the marathon race series...

I'm realistic, see you in the park.....biatch:cool:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Is this going to be finalised with any financial/hosiery-related incentives? :pac:

Is this going to be finalised with any financial/hosiery-related incentives? :pac:

Nope, bad enough we'll have to see Digger in pink knee socks.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nope, bad enough we'll have to see Digger in pink knee socks.

Ordered last night (because I was ordering other stuff anyway and it was no extra shipping), hope he likes them small because I got the biggest size (size 5-8) :pac:

• Advertisement

Ordered last night (because I was ordering other stuff anyway and it was no extra shipping), hope he likes them small because I got the biggest size (size 5-8) :pac:

He has little feet ;), I'm size 11!

Advertisement