Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The forgotten cost of wars.

Options
  • 14-04-2011 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

If i am breaching the strict charter of the forum please excuse me.
    if i have chosen the wrong thread please move it Mods.

This was posted on Youtube six years ago, but its latest comment was only posted last week.

it just so happens to be by a service man who served in Vietnam,but i think it applies to all who have ever served wearing the Uniform of their Country and were in some way scarred by the experiance.
    the wars will never be over for them.
    When I was in nam with my platoon stationed in sigon, it was hell, but this song picked up our spirits. I remember distinctly one night with tommy and jefrey, who we called spud, were jamming to this song and playing cards, having the time of our lives when some gook tossed a granade into our bunker, It killed all of my best friends and left me def. This song was the last thing I ever heard. I sang it in my head non stop ever since. I will always love you Bob Seger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

Excellent post. Thanks for highlighting the comment.

Advertisement