Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Forza Horizon 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

OSI wrote: »
    €110 for a driving game?!?!?!?!!?!??! A digital download one at that! At least when I paid similar for games in the past I got a stack of stuff to display/read/enjoy beyond just the game itself.

I get what you are saying but games are now moving towards in game purchases etc so buying a bundle at the start can be a good option.

e.g. People pay €60 for FIFA 15 then buy €40 worth of Ultimate Team packs in the first week

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I purchased this and kicked off day one download which is 36.4GB!!!!

I also played demo for first time and it really does look stunning. I played it on 140" screen from HD projector with 7.1 sound system and its the first time I actually thought this is next gen despite owning a PS4 since launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Villain wrote: »
    I get what you are saying but games are now moving towards in game purchases etc so buying a bundle at the start can be a good option.

e.g. People pay €60 for FIFA 15 then buy €40 worth of Ultimate Team packs in the first week

Car packs are a bit salty when they're priced like that though, at least you get a pretty good chunk of content from something like Premium in Battlefield 4 - 16 maps, new gamemodes, weapons, vehicles etc.
    i dont know whats involved in the ultimate team stuff so I cant comment on the value of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

just took a ramble down henry street, hmv 64.95, gamestop 69.95 and smyths 54.99 day one edition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Ordered it myself from Amazon paid £34 pound so about €43.50 or so for the day one edition a hell of lot cheaper then GameStop.

Was going to buy a digital copy from India for €35 but when i seen the 35GB download i was like boxed copy it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Ordered it myself from Amazon paid £34 pound so about €43.50 or so for the day one edition a hell of lot cheaper then GameStop.

Was going to buy a digital copy from India for €35 but when i seen the 35GB download i was like boxed copy it is.

Was that for the Xbox one edition?

Furp wrote: »
    Was that for the Xbox one edition?

Yes of course. I can get the 360 one for free ;) so i will only be buying the xbox one version

Thanks that's a good price when I checked they only had the 360 version, the xbox one version is back at £41, where did you see the digital copy from India

Furp wrote: »
    Thanks that's a good price when I checked they only had the 360 version, the xbox one version is back at £41, where did you see the digital copy from India

You need to make yourself a account on your xbox one and set it to india and you can buy it in what ever kind of money they use in india and it can say you a lot of money on games in the long run if you won't to buy digital copies of games

How have people been finding it for the past week its been out ?.

I am loving it myself and have basically been living on it since i got it maybe the must fun i have had ever in a driving game as there is so much to do and i Havant even played it yet online as the single player is just so good in it.

Heres a idea why don't we set up a boards.ie club for ?

• Advertisement

Loving this game when I get time to play. I have a club with my son but looking for larger club to join has anyone created a boards.ie club or recommend a club for occasional players

id be up for that. just bought the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Just started playing it last night myself, gorgeous looking game. The Intro cinematic makes is class

the english bloke is a bit annoying , can you turn him off

peteeeed wrote: »
    the english bloke is a bit annoying , can you turn him off

I don't mind him at all i think for a racing game he's completely better then anything that has been in need for speed.

As you get more and more into the game he's in it very little anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Finally put the game in tonight. It's excellent. I especially love after it rains, the beads of water on your car, it's just stunning to look at.

Not liking the hand holding, wish the map was opened up to you and you can just pick the championships you wanted to race in straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

HMV/Xtravision have now dropped the price of the One version to €45. Might have to pick it up at that price, was considering waiting until after Christmas as I have quite a few expenses coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Really is an excellent game. Much more to do than Forza Horizon (the first) which I absolutely loved. Haven't even touched the online yet but enjoying working around the map and the bucket list objectives in particular.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Really is an excellent game. Much more to do than Forza Horizon (the first) which I absolutely loved. Haven't even touched the online yet but enjoying working around the map and the bucket list objectives in particular.

yeah i'm really enjoying it , did anyone start a boards club? was looking last night , couldn't see one

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

HMV/Xtravision have now dropped the price of the One version to €45. Might have to pick it up at that price, was considering waiting until after Christmas as I have quite a few expenses coming up.

Just picked it up for that price. Not far in but jaysus it's a good looking game. Best I've seem on the current gen so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Did anyone start a boards club after? Just started playing, great game so far.

zero19 wrote: »
    Did anyone start a boards club after? Just started playing, great game so far.

No I just joined the true achievementa
    Club they have almost a thousand members so there is a good chance to move up the tiers and get the achievement for beating club or friend speed traps.

Also a new update out now 500mb can't find what's in it apart from
    New bucket list that lets you use dlc cars even when's you haven't bought them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Wish they'd patch it to make the road trips optional after you complete the Horizon Festival race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

love this game,probably the first game on current gen i have enjoyed playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Is this worth getting an xBox one for?
    I loved the original Forza, But didn't really like Horizon as I found it a bit too arcadey.

-Can you fine tune settings like in Forza 4? (Tyres pressure, Suspension etc...)
    -How big is the open world?
    -What are the other cars like in it? General traffic used annoy me in the original Horizon... Doing 30mph everywhere and then other racers doing mental overtakes and crashing into you!
    -Also can you go off road? The original was limited to the road only, You couldn't really cut across a field due to barriers! (Except golf course)

I'd be basically buying it to fine tune a few drift cars and just drive arse out everywhere. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

DakarVert wrote: »
    I loved the original Forza, But didn't really like Horizon as I found it a bit too arcadey.

-Can you fine tune settings like in Forza 4? (Tyres pressure, Suspension etc...)
    -What are the other cars like in it? General traffic used annoy me in the original Horizon... Doing 30mph everywhere and then other racers doing mental overtakes and crashing into you!
    -Also can you go off road? The original was limited to the road only, You couldn't really cut across a field due to barriers! (Except golf course)

I'd be basically buying it to fine tune a few drift cars and just drive arse out everywhere. :D

I wouldn't say its worth getting an Xbox One for, the 360 version while being a different game that only shares the same map area is a perfectly acceptable game. Offroad racing plays quite a big part of the game though compared to the closed in roads of the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

DakarVert wrote: »

I bought an XB1 primarily because of FH2 and I love it. No regrets whatsoever.
    I also picked up Forza 5 and I'm playing a bit of both most evenings.

My XBL is livelyjojo if anyone wants to add me to their friends list.

Anyone have any problems since downloading the latest update?

No new races are showing up and after I do the race against the train its not giving me an option to continue the road trip??

EDIT - Meant to say the balloon race and not the train race.

Reading the forza forums seems to be a known problem that some have had for months with no fix :rolleyes:

52% through and dont want to start the game again (even though its a great game)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

just started playing last night... love it... was playing Drive Club before tne think this is much better just from the freeform approach it takes.

Little photo of my run around
    GetPhoto.ashx?game=fh2&id=2697845&full=true

Advertisement