Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WRC/ERC/Irish & British Rallying 2014 - News and Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Live WRC Portugal Power Stage on BT Sport 2 now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Not exactly rally related but Seb Loeb started his WTCC career off in typical Loeb fashion finishing 2nd in race 1 and 1st in race 2. Granted a little team orders in place and the Citroen is a great car but he still had to drive it there.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭n1ght28

Anyone know any good spectating viewpoints for the ERC stages up north ,on Friday in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Stage 10 of the Circuit of Ireland will be streamed live here:

http://new.livestream.com/COI

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Anyone have details of the Rally of the Lakes stages? Did a quick google search and couldn't find much on the stage locations. Thinking of heading over on the Sunday.

• Advertisement

Anyone have details of the Rally of the Lakes stages? Did a quick google search and couldn't find much on the stage locations. Thinking of heading over on the Sunday.

I Think the Saturday stages are Molls Gap, Beallaghbeama and Caragh Lake. You might be better off picking up a rally program though.

Edit just spotted you said Sunday and not Saturday :)

Sunday stages are Molls Gap, Borlin, Lough Allua and Fuhiry.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Just in case you didn't hear it, Meeke and Nagle came home in 3rd in Argentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭leoch

Brilliant he needed that

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mjhickeyie

Just in case you didn't hear it, Meeke and Nagle came home in 3rd in Argentina.

Delighted for them. Very sensible drive, just did enough to hold off mikkelsen.

just under 3 weeks to go to Donegal International Rally

• Advertisement

three spectators killed at the jim clark rally today and a fourth seriously injured .... sad news

three spectators killed at the jim clark rally today and a fourth seriously injured .... sad news

Awful news. Condolences to all involved.

h3000 wrote: »
    Awful news. Condolences to all involved.

hear its an irish crew involved too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

terrible news :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Awful news. It seems the only time rallying makes the headlines is when theres a tragedy. Theres also scummy reporters looking for interviews and pictures of the crash (BBC etc) trying to sensationalise the whole thing. Thankfully they are being rightly told to shove their reports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

F***ing disgusting headline by the Irish Daily Mail,

:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

typical of those scummy bastards :mad:

Disgraceful :mad:

how could leah mcdonald (@leahmc84) put her name to that utter tripe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Motorsport Ireland has lodged a complaint with the press ombudsman at 09:45 this morning.

I see they have put up video stills on the UK website after asking people for photos of the crash a hour after it happened. I emailed the pic editor and got no reply. Just trash journalism.

• Advertisement

afatbollix wrote: »
    Motorsport Ireland has lodged a complaint with the press ombudsman at 09:45 this morning.

I see they have put up video stills on the UK website after asking people for photos of the crash a hour after it happened. I emailed the pic editor and got no reply. Just trash journalism.

The Scotish Daily Mail Twitter feed had a Tweet to ask for photos too and got a severe backlash from other users, me included. The Tweet was later deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Another scottish paper with an eye witness report today of a man that was apparently knocked out by the car saying marshals moved him into that position and blaming the marshals.

Its all lies according to others who witnessed the crash (including Euan Thorburn) that he was on the other side of the road and not involved at all. Makes me sick that they are blaming the drivers and now the marshals. I really hope they sue the papers for defamation when the official investigation is complete. Papers are showing their complete lack of knowledge of the sport and jumping to conclusions. They dont know a thing about rallying since they only ever cover it when theres a death.

Ive marshalled many times around the country and have had a number of run ins with spectators standing in prohibited locations but thankfully have been able to move them.

Ciano35 wrote: »
    F***ing disgusting headline by the Irish Daily Mail,

8112Jicxxx

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Hi Ciano35,

I totally get why you posted the image of the Irish Daily Mail and I'm not having a go at you here, it did need to be done at the time. I was hoping though that you might delete the image now. It's disgusting reporting and really the last thing us real fans want to look at.

Again I really do understand why you posted it here but I think any publicity of this ill informed sensationalistic rag even negative is too much.

Thanks,
    Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Hi Ciano35,

I totally get why you posted the image of the Irish Daily Mail and I'm not having a go at you here, it did need to be done at the time. I was hoping though that you might delete the image now. It's disgusting reporting and really the last thing us real fans want to look at.

Again I really do understand why you posted it here but I think any publicity of this ill informed sensationalistic rag even negative is too much.

Thanks,
    Martin

True. Excuse of a paper. Image has been removed now.

18 years ago today Mickey Farrell left us, just wanted to put a photo up for the day that's in it...

BJYF2Lv.jpg

Always miss you, never forget you Michael.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ypres on this weekend and it's started badly for Breen with a puncture on SS1, dropping 30 seconds or so. Abbring had 6s on Loix so it looks like the R5 cars have a reasonable edge pulling out of the junctions.

Robbo wrote: »
    Ypres on this weekend and it's started badly for Breen with a puncture on SS1, dropping 30 seconds or so. Abbring had 6s on Loix so it looks like the R5 cars have a reasonable edge pulling out of the junctions.
    Jees the only luck he is having lately is bad luck.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Jees the only luck he is having lately is bad luck.
    Another 30s gone on SS2 as the puncture damaged the brakes, he needs a horseshoe.

Donegal also on this weekend, Declan Boye leading by 5 seconds at the end of day 1

• Advertisement

Advertisement