Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Air source Heat Pump Monthly COP's

• 30-05-2012 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got montly performance figures for air source heap pump space heating 0-35 and hot water 7-55 degrees. see attached for analysis of heat pump versus LPG boiler solar combination tank hybrid. see attached

solargas hybrid v ASHP.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Hi A, how will allow for seasonal/low temp HP issues? I suppose that's why you want the data, but I guess much of it depends on it being linked to an external temp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I believe that there is a move to quoting heat pump performance in terms of Seasonal Performance Factor (SPF) rather the more ambiguous Coefficient of Performance (COP). I think there will be a new European Norm if agreement can be reached.

The UK website of one of the major Japanese car heat pump manufacturers has live and historical data from a number of referance sites which may prove helpful BP.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭beyondpassive

They (ASHP) should be tested to BS EN 14511: 2007. I havent got this norm, so I dont know what ambient temps are used, but its usually 7 degrees. I want to break it down to monthly COP's to see how th epump is performing in december and january.

Thanks Do-more, I havn't seen the data, can you PM me a link.

Thanks Do-more, I havn't seen the data, can you PM me a link.
    Done.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Me too ta

• Advertisement

BryanF wrote: »
    Me too ta

Done.

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement