Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Offical HP Touchpad case for £5 - delivered!

• 16-02-2012 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Ordered the official HP one from here

using the code TPCASESAVE5

Total cost £5 including delivery
    Roughly €6.14

Compared to €38.19 (including delivery) from the hpshop.ie

Note: Delivery is supposed to be UK only so I used BT1 1AA as the postcode (Belfast) and added my town AND county in the town field. It got to my address with no problem as did a friend's one to their address.
    Note 2: We both paid using PayPal - not sure if the credit card address check would pass as you have to put a post code in there too.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Did you use that method to get this case, or was it for something else...think i'll give it a shot, but i'm not sure if it'll work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭frash

Did you use that method to get this case, or was it for something else...think i'll give it a shot, but i'm not sure if it'll work!

I used the above method.
    Ordered last Friday evening - case arrived today.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

frash wrote: »
    I used the above method.
    Ordered last Friday evening - case arrived today.

Cheers, i'll give it a go:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

It looks like UK only?
    When I try to enter an address it auto appends United Kingdom and requires a properly formatted postcode..

Edit: nvm, didnt read the op properly! Worth a shot I guess, looks nicer than the one I got from china.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭frash

Redisle wrote: »
    It looks like UK only?
    When I try to enter an address it auto appends United Kingdom and requires a properly formatted postcode..

Edit: nvm, didnt read the op properly! Worth a shot I guess, looks nicer than the one I got from china.

The appending of "United Kingdom" happened me too.

My address ended up being like:
    Frash,
    100 Made-up Street,
    Dundrum,
    Dublin,
    Belfast,
    Co Antrim,
    BT1 1AA

It got here in the end though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Worth a shot. Thanks OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Dear **** ********,
    Thank you for shopping at the HP Store.

We have received your order, and will proceed to verify the order. The majority of orders are checked and accepted within a few hours, and once complete; you will receive an order confirmation email from us when the order has been approved.

Occasionally, we need to carry out additional checks which may result in a delay of 1-2 working days in the acceptance/delivery of the order. Once the additional checks are successfully completed, the order confirmation will be sent to you.

2524555.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Pj! wrote: »
    Worth a shot. Thanks OP

Nice one lad...gave it a try! Looks like a decent cover

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

They don't take laser, but they do take Paypal, so I'll get it once money gets into my account. Nice find!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭loopymum

My bad, didn't read the op properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

loopymum wrote: »
    Gone up to £10 now

Use the voucher ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

May your God Bless you op, another quality bargain, of all the items i bought via Bargain alerts, clothes that didn't fit, dvd's i never watched star troopers you know who i'm looking at, all the gadgets with a five minutes appeal, the Touchpad is the daddy of them all, bargain alert of the decade, god bless it's life, 3 cheers for HP, (and the dude who got the bullet for making it so!) ;)

Dear **** ********,
    Thank you for shopping at the HP Store.

We have received your order, and will proceed to verify the order. The majority of orders are checked and accepted within a few hours, and once complete; you will receive an order confirmation email from us when the order has been approved.

Occasionally, we need to carry out additional checks which may result in a delay of 1-2 working days in the acceptance/delivery of the order. Once the additional checks are successfully completed, the order confirmation will be sent to you.

got the same emai....here hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Would this fit any other tablets? Specifically the Transformer Prime?
    Anyone with the HP tablet care to post dimensions?

[edit] not to worry... found them online... 240 x 198 x 13, so unlikely it would fit any other tablets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

gerryk wrote: »

[edit] not to worry... found them online... 240 x 198 x 13, so unlikely it would fit any other tablets

Dimensions
    240 mm (9.4 in) (w)
    190 mm (7.5 in) (h)
    13.7 mm (0.54 in) (d)[1]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Hoping as well. Thanks very much op.

Now just wish the keyboard and dock would come down too!

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

I have one of these bought it a couple of months ago at full price :o,
    Can safely say it will not fit anything else properly, its a nice snug fit on the touchpad with protruding buttons for volume and power and a hole for headphones.
    Unless the other tablet has the exact same dimensions and buttons in the same place, its fairly safe to say its not suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Bought one of these lately in a bundle with a docking station, very neat job.

Only crib is that you can't stand it up in Portrait mode though I'm not sure if you can do this with any cases.

Slightly off topic but touchpad owners are a rare breed; any of you put CM9 on it yet?

I've nearly stopped using CM7 and fallen back on WebOS for browsing and reading due to CM7 crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Only crib is that you can't stand it up in Portrait mode though I'm not sure if you can do this with any cases.

Slightly off topic but touchpad owners are a rare breed; any of you put CM9 on it yet?

I've nearly stopped using CM7 and fallen back on WebOS for browsing and reading due to CM7 crashes.

I think I put CM8 on my gf's one. It works well, but does sometimes crash and the camera doesnt work in this mode. I know they are doing stuff with Ice Cream Sandwich so we can hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Africa wrote: »
    I think I put CM8 on my gf's one. It works well, but does sometimes crash and the camera doesnt work in this mode. I know they are doing stuff with Ice Cream Sandwich so we can hope :)

Maybe CM7, seeing as there's no such thing as CM8!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

CM7 then CM9 - interesting for a look at ICS

The case is lovely but may not offer as much protection as "cheaper" bulkier models

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭lau1247

frash wrote: »
    The appending of "United Kingdom" happened me too.

My address ended up being like:
    Frash,
    100 Made-up Street,
    Dundrum,
    Dublin,
    Belfast,
    Co Antrim,
    BT1 1AA

It got here in the end though.

Thanks OP..

It has gone through using this format you mentioned however the billing address is the same (With UK postcode and belfast).. hopefully the transaction still goes through without a problem as the paypal/credit card billing is obviously in ireland.. paid by paypal also..

All I can do is sit and wait now..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

I got an order accepted mail earlier today. Here's hoping it arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Cheers OP, saw this on XDA forums a few weeks ago but didnt want to take the risk getting it shipped here. Just got acceptance email.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Just got acceptance email also, no brainer to risk £5 even if it doesn't arrive.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭mcko

Hi I can't get Netflix to play on the pad is there a download I can do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

mcko wrote: »
    Hi I can't get Netflix to play on the pad is there a download I can do

Netflix will not work on the native WebOS...you'll need Android ported onto it and then download the Netflix app.

Personally,I'm happy out with just using WebOS on my touchpad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Cheers OP case was delivered by recorded delivery to my brothrr in rural Wales this morning, ordered Friday morning 9.00am. Postage was probably the most of the fiver!

invest4deepvalue.com

Still no acceptance email for me...eeek

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Ordered one anyway. Hope it gets sent!

Advertisement