Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Midweek 5 aside - Coolmine - sign up!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

I can only play 4/8 so its a no for me in that respect, but I've no problem paying up front for the times I will play.

I can see it being a big hassle for whoever holds the cash though...

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kwyjibot

I can see it being a big hassle for whoever holds the cash though...

Hmm, fair point - the last group I played with, 8 worked in the same place so if anyone was slow in coughing up it was a short walk to their desk to shake the cash from their pockets :D Might be a tad harder to do via PM!

Anyways, just a thought, may or may not be a runner depending on everyone's circumstances/availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭clap-for-trap

i dont tink that would work because of the amount of people in the pool of players and the different people each week!its up to Ben kind of since hes organising it!i dont know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I dont see any need to change things at the moment. We've only played twice.

If we're all back playing in January maybe we should have a look at securing the slot for longer.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

kenon wrote: »
    I dont see any need to change things at the moment. We've only played twice.

That's fair enough - sorry, was getting a bit ahead of myself here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

kwyjibot wrote: »
    What would people think of paying up front for the block of games after Christmas? The last couple of groups I played with did this, and it worked out pretty well.

Basically the 10 (12?) guys who are likely to be playing every week pay the €50/€60 up front for the 10 weeks. Main benefits of this are:
    • no need to bring cash each week
    • less hassle in organising, ensuring booking keeps rolling over, etc
    • on those freak weeks when only 6 show up, you don't end up paying a tenner a head for a 3v3
    • if a few people are going to be missing on a given week, it can be an easier sell to get extra guys in if you can tell them that it's a free game for them that week!
    • no chance of losing our slot for at least 10 weeks in a row
    Downside is obviously having to cough up 10 week's cash straight after christmas!

Thoughts?

Definitely a good idea, but lets wait until after Christmas and see how its going. If we have a set of players that are there every week it would be doable and would make things much easier from an organizing point of view.

What I do want to do though is start taking money off people only after everyone has arrived. Last week cause someone didnt show I ended up paying for me and him (16 euro) which is a tad pricey for a game of 5 a side! So from now on we will wait and see how many people show and then divide the cost between us.

Sending out teamer notification now for the next game.

Tusky wrote: »
    Last week cause someone didnt show I ended up paying for me and him (16 euro) which is a tad pricey for a game of 5 a side! So from now on we will wait and see how many people show and then divide the cost between us..

Yup, thats kinda shít. I was aware we didn't have everyone but just thought they were going to be late and then I forgot about it after the game.

Did you get you get the bibs yet?

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

Yup, thats kinda shít. I was aware we didn't have everyone but just thought they were going to be late and then I forgot about it after the game.

Did you get you get the bibs yet?

Yup, bibs arrived last Friday. Also, 8 already confirmed on teamer so we are looking good!

2luxsv9.jpg

are we doing it in the way that first 12 to accept are playin ye??

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MYP82

What I do want to do though is start taking money off people only after everyone has arrived. Last week cause someone didnt show I ended up paying for me and him (16 euro) which is a tad pricey for a game of 5 a side! So from now on we will wait and see how many people show and then divide the cost between us.

good idea. and i think everyone can bring a euro towards last week or something so its not just comming out of your pocket.

• Advertisement

are we doing it in the way that first 12 to accept are playin ye??

Yeah - thats the fairest way I suppose.
    MYP82 wrote: »
    good idea. and i think everyone can bring a euro towards last week or something so its not just comming out of your pocket.

Ah, dont worry about last week, too messy getting a euro off everyone. Just to be aware of it in the future. Tis my own fault really for taking money off people before we know for sure how many have turned up.

We now have 11 confirmed on teamer for Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

12 now ;)

My mate can play again if needs be! I think more then 6 a side is too much though.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    12 now ;)

My mate can play again if needs be! I think more then 6 a side is too much though.

you should get ur mate to get setup on teamer!:)

I agree! 1 euro isn alot for us to pay when you payed that amount! its only fair!

Tony just texted me, hes having some problems with teamer but wants to play on Thursday. If Ciarans mate plays as well, we would have 14.

Should I tell Tony that we already have 12 or do yea fancy playing 7v7 ? I think the pitches are technically 7 aside.

A 7v7 is unimaginable on those pitches. I played a terrible 6v6 on them before.

The pitches are 5 a-side but if you rent two, put them together and move the goals they are then 7-a sides.

I think you should consider setting 6v6 to be the max.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

A 7v7 is unimaginable on those pitches. I played a terrible 6v6 on them before.

The pitches are 5 a-side but if you rent two, put them together and move the goals they are then 7-a sides.

I think you should consider setting 6v6 to be the max.

Agreed. Unless you are willing to play across 2 pitches 7v7 is too many. 6v6 is perfect in my opinion considering that its a friendly enough game.

Tusky, As for you being short last week, I've no problem paying an extra euro, and its only fair. You are the one going to alot of trouble organising it each week, ordering bibs and the like, its not right that you covered someone who didnt turn up. I'll bring an extra euro on thursday.

What was the deal with the guy who didnt turn up anyway? Just didn't bother? Is he still on the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MYP82

Tusky, As for you being short last week, I've no problem paying an extra euro, and its only fair. You are the one going to alot of trouble organising it each week, ordering bibs and the like, its not right that you covered someone who didnt turn up. I'll bring an extra euro on thursday.

ye agreed. ilcertainly bring some extra cash too

ye agreed. ilcertainly bring some extra cash too
    ye i agree too 7v7 would be way too tight and you would have no time on the ball. I'l definitely bring a euro or two for Ben!

I printed off the teamer players list and who accepted.

I can bring this this evening and Ben or whoever can tick off names of who is there etc.

Just make things a little easier for us all.

• Advertisement

So....is there 12 or 14 coming along tonight...?

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

Print out says 12

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I printed off the teamer players list and who accepted.

I can bring this this evening and Ben or whoever can tick off names of who is there etc.

Just make things a little easier for us all.

Thats a great idea, cheers.

Cheers for the offers to sort me out with the extra cash guys. That wasnt what I was after when I mentioned it, but its appreciated!

In regards to the guy who didnt turn up last week, he said he had an emergency, so needs to be given the benefit of the doubt. Everyone gets two chances. :)

Make sure yea arrive at 9:55 at the latest to sort out cash. The office there closes at 10. If we get all 12 people, it will be 5 euro each.

Oh, and fingers crossed it stays dry!

one of my friends rang me and asked me to play 9-10.so im playin then but im playin our game too at 10-11.im gonna be takin it real easy and sittin back in the first match so im nt tired for our game! but my only concern is the money, i have it its just that you have to pay before 10 so i suppose as soon as i see someone from this i`ll run round to them and give them my money?? is tht ok!??

one of my friends rang me and asked me to play 9-10.so im playin then but im playin our game too at 10-11.im gonna be takin it real easy and sittin back in the first match so im nt tired for our game! but my only concern is the money, i have it its just that you have to pay before 10 so i suppose as soon as i see someone from this i`ll run round to them and give them my money?? is tht ok!??

No worries. I'll pay for you and you can give it to me after the game. All I ask is that youre not on my team! Gonna be wrecked.

No worries. I'll pay for you and you can give it to me after the game. All I ask is that youre not on my team! Gonna be wrecked.

thanks that would be great!! haha we`ll see!;)im not going to be doin too much work in the first match!!promise:D

im not going to be doin too much work in the first match!!promise:D

Good game again tonight - no idea how you played two games in a row, I was out on my feet half way through ours! :D

Great game tonight, really enjoyed it. Again, a pity we didnt have even teams, but I'd take 6v5 over 5v4 any day! The bibs also made a big difference.

Cheers for sorting me out with the few bob also, appreciate it.

Yeah was a very good game. I'd say the post down the far end may need replacing, it got hit with some rockets from the lads in orange last night.

• Advertisement

Yeh it was enjoyable. I'm already starting to notice my fitness getting better because of these matches. The hour really flew in.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

Advertisement