Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lords of the Fallen [PS4/XB1/PC]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I got an email from amazon saying it was pushed back a week.

I actually like that news, will get SMT:IV finished before it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The more I find out about this game, the more impressed I am about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I'v had it on my wishlist for a while but seeing the latest gameplay footage really peaked my interest. It might fill the gap that Dark Souls 2 couldn't.

Does anyone know if they confirmed how long it will take to finish the main storyline?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Cravez wrote: »
    I'v had it on my wishlist for a while but seeing the latest gameplay footage really peaked my interest. It might fill the gap that Dark Souls 2 couldn't.

Does anyone know if they confirmed how long it will take to finish the main storyline?

Think 15 hours for a play-through but if you go down some optional routes it can be upwards of 40 - 50 hours.

Also, there are 2 or 3 NewGame play-throughs to fully complete it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Developers response to movement speed criticism and other things. Guess people complaining never used havels set in Dark Souls or even know what the term "fat roll" means :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

@calex71 - Very true, I had the Havels set, and loved it but man you were a slow lump with it on. Really looking forward to this game, it does not look as punishing as Dark Souls but it looks like alot of fun either way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looks like a 3 play minimum for 100%

So what is the release date for it??? Amazon list it as 31st but game stop say 28th on their site :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It was meant to be out Tuesday but its Friday now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wouldn't put too much stock in a Polish magazine early review of a Polish game but encouraging signs nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'd put more weight in something like this...

Fans of Souls will no doubt be familiar with VaatiVidya's excellent lore videos from the series so far. If you're not then check them out, they're excellent.

As for Lords of the Fallen, yep definitely looking forward to it even more now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I rather a million souls clones that are good than shooters at this stage

bring it on :L

Wouldn't put too much stock in a Polish magazine early review of a Polish game but encouraging signs nonetheless.

Normally I wouldn't either but this team have been nothing if not 100% straight up from the outset about what it is they are making and what it is they are putting out.

Like when they have been showing off the game to various people, they are quick to admit to the dark souls influence and talk about real game mechanics and explain and correct people in different things which is refreshing in an age of over hype and false promises. Like some of the E3 stuff they were at pains to dismiss various things and confirm other aspects almost to a point where you feel like it;s commercial suicide. If i get a game that I was not expecting from this I will say to myself "Good game devs you fooled me"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Really excited for this. I was wondering when a good souls clone would show up and this looks like its going to be it. VV's video has definitely sold it to me!

Some sites reporting it's being brought forward to tomorrow again for release in UK/EU

Hmmmm, still showing as oct 31st on my amazon account.

Its out tomorrow in the states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Stuck in a pre order on Amazon this morn (GBP 42.00).
    I think it is still set for an EU release this Friday but out in the US tomorrow.

Its out tomorrow in the states.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/lords_of_the_fallen/news/lords_of_the_fallen_uk_release_date_brought_forward_to_tomorrow.html One of a few places saying it will be out everywhere tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Gamestop have it listed on their site for release tomorrow for anyone that is interested

https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=lords+of+the+fallen

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Raymond Pest

I'll chance a digital download from the US store in the morning. Can't wait to play this, combat looks better than Dark Souls just hoping the boss fights are as epic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

A few more hours for PC version. A couple big names have it early on twitch. Armour matters a lot more than it does in dark souls. A lot of people forget about armour in souls and go naked for the speed because its next to useless anyway. Wont be naked runs in this. You can take a lot more hits with it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-28-lords-of-the-fallen-review

7/10 on Eurogamer. Their biggest complaint seems to be that it's too similar to Dark Souls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Too similar to one of the best games ever....damn, that's awful :pac:

Pretty poor review from PCGamer however. 58, and apparently is crashing constantly for them.

http://www.pcgamer.com/lords-of-the-fallen-review/

57.99 in argos for those wanting a physical copy, seems to be the cheapest in b&m shops.

So it is out today is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ya, it's available to buy on the Playstation Store now.

I have my copy installing :)

• Advertisement

Strange my order on amazon has a delivery date of next today week.

Advertisement