Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

headmaster wrote: »
    baldbear,
    that's if little paschal has any balls. Someone sent a child on a mans errant. What a little twat, who the fxxk voted for the muppet?

The highest % of voters in Dublin north central.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Ganley is a polished performer, no doubt.
    Having agreed with him from the start regarding the bail-out, much of what he said regarding the Lisbon treaty and having felt he was the victim of an utterly lacking in any kind of evidence smear-job by an RTE programme in the run up to the second Lisbon vote, i was particuarly interested to see if his stewardship this week would give an insight, divorced from these particular issues, into his political leanings/possible agenda.
    Last nights show was particularly informative in this regard, i felt.
    Didn't paint him in a positive light, in my opinion.

I thought he did a professional job as he is not a polished tv presenter, the one thing I didn't like was his closing statement about where he stands, sounded like why he might have done the gig in the first place to promote his view.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

No1J wrote: »
    The highest % of voters in Dublin north central.

Well, we now know what sort of a mindset they have, muppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Ganley is far too fond of making longwinded speeches pushing his own agenda instead of moderating the panel discussion. By the time he gets to the end of his vervose monologues I've forgotten what the question was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

dambarude wrote: »
    Ganley held that smile for at least 10 full seconds at the end!

Yeah i seen that. I was laughing at him. You could see the moment he thought the show had stopped broadcasting and he just let the smile fall.

Callan57 wrote: »
    Ganley is far too fond of making longwinded speeches pushing his own agenda instead of moderating the panel discussion. By the time he gets to the end of his vervose monologues I've forgotten what the question was.

Don't know why you listened, if you wern't paying attention. BTW, what's vervose? On the other hand, i don't want to know, you'll more than likely have some sort of excuse, you type usually have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

baldbear wrote: »
    Ganley has paschal by the balls tonight.

Sounds like TV 3 had the wrong tape in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The old thread has been closed to reduce the load on the site.
    Discussion will continue on this thread for now. :)

Originally Posted by baldbear
    Ganley has paschal by the balls tonight.

Queue 70s soundtrack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Don't know why you listened, if you wern't paying attention. BTW, what's vervose? On the other hand, i don't want to know, you'll more than likely have some sort of excuse, you type usually have.

Unlike you I'm clearly not a member of the Ganley the Great club?. I prefer professional presenters who at least know how to moderate a discussion impartially & do not use the opportunity to massage their own ego.

Callan,
    i notice you're not paying attention again, i asked you what's vervose, but hey, who cares? I'd love to know any presenter who doesn't like massaging their own ego. So, from moi, to toi, buenos noches, sleep tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ryaller

Oh dear, how unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

thought ganley was brilliant on this.

certainly leagues ahead of the other presenters so far. for the first time in ages ive gone back to stream the stuff ive missed off TV3s website. ger colleran is as annoying on telly as he is on the radio, sam smyth was just going through the motions and the less said about Mammy the better.

if TV3 have any brains theyll offer ganley a business show. with his connections we'd be guarentted quality guests if nothing else and christ knows theres no competition from RTE in that dept. a slot on saturday and sunday would do, prehaps even replacing vinnys friday night show which is kinda crap compared to his mon to thurs one.

but all in all and impressive stint and he managed to reign himself in more than i though he would. boyd barret was the only one he kinda lost it with.

looks like its sarah carey next week.

god help us

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Welcome back to TV3 Denis O'Brien Sarah Carey :rolleyes: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Forget Bishop Kelly Magee.. this b1atch has a few questions to answer herself.. truthfully this time.. It's a disgrace that she is allowed to present this show.

Forget Bishop Kelly.. this b1atch has a few questions to answer herself.. truthfully this time.. It's a disgrace that she is allowed to present this show.
    Do you mean Bishop John Magee???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'm very surprised tv3 put her on. Would have liked to see Mammy O'Rourke or Declan Ganley for another week.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Vincent seems very fond of her and Sam Smyth.

• Advertisement

I think Declan Ganley and Gerard Colleran were both really good guest hosts. I was amazed at how comfortable they were presenting the programme.

Jonny, Ms Kerr's other half, Mr. O'Riordain is very easy on the eye, you have a bit of competition there ;):D

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Jonny, Ms Kerr's other half, Mr. O'Riordain is very easy on the eye, you have a bit of competition there ;):D

mehh.. given up on women.. If she wants somebody so painfully policitally correct then she can have him... She wouldnt be happy with listening to my conservative musings while eating her Corn Flakes..

Sarah Carey:"But we're still Catholic"...

I would refer to point number 9, Miss Carey..

TheTenCommandments.jpg

mehh.. given up on women.. If she wants somebody so painfully policitally correct then she can have him... She wouldnt be happy with listening to my conservative musings while eating her Corn Flakes..
    Ah, you might win her over with your personality, he is a fine looking man but he appears to be very dull, no bit of passion at all, I'm not impressed :pac: :pac: :pac:

Sarah Carey:"But we're still Catholic"...

I would refer to point number 9, Miss Carey..

TheTenCommandments.jpg
    I'd say Mr. O'Brien paid Moses for an amendment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

That's my first time seeing that. Unreal, she has no shame admitting she's a liar and why should she? Hasn't seemed to put a dent on her career.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    That's my first time seeing that. Unreal, she has no shame admitting she's a liar and why should she? Hasn't seemed to put a dent on her career.
    She lost her gig guest presenting Midweek and I thought she was dropped as a columist for a while by one of the newspapers she wrote for.

Mark reminds be of a younger version of David Norris.

• Advertisement

She lost her gig guest presenting Midweek and I thought she was dropped as a columist for a while by one of the newspapers she wrote for.

She was kicked from the Irish Times.. but apparently the written word holds people to a higher standard than the broadcasted word..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement