Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HKC secure comm app Help!!

• 04-10-2015 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I have the HKC securecomm app set up and working.

I have a question about setting up the outputs. Can I use the two outputs in the panel.

Also is there a way to set-up the app to look like the the demo site in the app. Mine at the moment doesn't have the input or or output menu.

Any help Please and thank you
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jazzermurphy

I have a question about setting up the outputs. Can I use the two outputs in the panel.

Also is there a way to set-up the app to look like the the demo site in the app. Mine at the moment doesn't have the input or or output menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yes the two outputs can be used.
    The app will only show the outputs menu when set up on the system.
    The inputs menu working on the app was a system and app update.

altor wrote: »
    Yes the two outputs can be used.
    The app will only show the outputs menu when set up on the system.
    The inputs menu working on the app was a system and app update.

Thanks for the reply.

And sorry for all the pms only meant to send it once.

Another question then. How do I set up the two outputs on the panel to say come on with the app and turn on lights and heating.

Thanks for the reply.

And sorry for all the pms only meant to send it once.

Another question then. How do I set up the two outputs on the panel to say come on with the app and turn on lights and heating.

Go into engineering, outputs menu, then set them up accordingly.
    Panel outputs.

Go into engineering, outputs menu, then set them up accordingly.
    Panel outputs.

Thanks did on the app here see them now.

They are a 12 v output correct?

Thanks again for your help

• Advertisement

Thanks did on the app here see them now.

They are a 12 v output correct?

Thanks again for your help

Yes, you will be using a 12V relay.

Yes, you will be using a 12V relay.

Yeah thought as much. Again thanks for the help.

Been a while since I programmed a panel

Yeah thought as much. Again thanks for the help.

Been a while since I programmed a panel

That's no problem, any other questions please let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

Sorry for hijacking the thread but how would I go about controlling the heating via the GSM-Q dialler.

I asked my alarm installer and he said he never done one before but mentioned the relay and that he'd get back to me - he never did. How much would this cost on average to have an installer connect or is it even something that is achievable myself and how would I go about it?

We have 3 zone heating and the controller for the heating is in the same room as the main alarm box (which has the GSM ocntroller)

dec2000 wrote: »
    Sorry for hijacking the thread but how would I go about controlling the heating via the GSM-Q dialler.

I asked my alarm installer and he said he never done one before but mentioned the relay and that he'd get back to me - he never did. How much would this cost on average to have an installer connect or is it even something that is achievable myself and how would I go about it?

We have 3 zone heating and the controller for the heating is in the same room as the main alarm box (which has the GSM ocntroller)

I think you will need an additional output card as the panel only has 2 outputs. You'd need at least 3 to use heating controller as is. You would need 3;12 volt relays capable of switching the output voltage of the heating controller.

The relays and bases are about €15 each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dec2000

Thanks for the reply. The module says it can control heating / lights and gates, so was hoping to use those three. Or to be honest, even if I only had the ability to turn on heating downstairs, it'd be great to have a warm house to walk into if we were out.
    Is there any documents / links that describes the process in a bit more detail?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GadgetGeek

Hi All,
    I have a Quantum 70 that was set up to text me via my Eircom land line, until Eircom changed their policy. I’m now looking to get my system connected to HKC securecomm, just wondering what the going rate/cost to get an installer to set up and connect to the securecomm?
    Thanks

That's no problem, any other questions please let us know.

Hi Altor

Just a question. I got the SW-OP8 and am trying to install it into the panel. the panel is an SW1070.

Do i need a cable to connect it to the panel or how is it done?

Hi Altor

Just a question. I got the SW-OP8 and am trying to install it into the panel. the panel is an SW1070.

Do i need a cable to connect it to the panel or how is it done?

It is wired into the keypad bus on the control panel.

So the +- is obvious but the data on the output, is that wired into the exp ont eh keypad bus on the control panel

So the +- is obvious but the data on the output, is that wired into the exp on the keypad bus on the control panel

So the +- is obvious but the data on the output card, is that wired into the exp on the keypad bus on the control panel?

So the +- is obvious but the data on the output card, is that wired into the exp on the keypad bus on the control panel?

Thats right, should be 4 cores which will be the same in the control panel.
    Same as wiring in a keypad.
    The add in the devices menu.

Thats right, should be 4 cores which will be the same in the control panel.
    Same as wiring in a keypad.
    The add in the devices menu.

No there is only three cores on it + - Data. It will be an expander i presume in the add devices.

Thanks again for the help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

No there is only three cores on it + - Data. It will be an expander i presume in the add devices.

It uses the point Id bus data so if you have either zone 5,6,7or8 free connect the data to the the data terminal of the zone and add thru point Id devices menu.

• Advertisement

Thanks again for the help!!

My apologies, I thought it was a zone expander you where adding.

It uses the point Id bus data so if you have either zone 5,6,7or8 free connect the data to the the data terminal of the zone and add thru point Id devices menu.

So into zone hardware and I've set it to zone 8 point ID. Still not seeing it in the outputs menu

Thanks by the way

My apologies, I thought it was a zone expander you where adding.

No problems,

Thanks for the help as well. appreciate it loads

No problems,

Thanks for the help as well. appreciate it loads

Any other problems let us know.

Any other problems let us know.

I've tried doing what mick said to. Went to zone hard ware made zone 8 Point ID. I'm now trying to add a wired device and it can see it?

Where am I going wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

In devices menu and wired devices should be add and Id device scroll up to opc 81 I think

In devices menu and wired devices should be add and Id device scroll up to opc 81 I think

Yeah I tried that earlier scans and finds nothing. The point ID or data is the first alarm with ID under it.

Can figure out where I'm going wrong.

Thanks for the help

Yeah I tried that earlier scans and finds nothing. The point ID or data is the first alarm with ID under it.

Can figure out where I'm going wrong.

Thanks for the help

Ok where i went wrong was that the link was removed between the two points. Put a link back in and it found and recognised it straight away

I have a question about the app.

On the demo app there is an input section.
    Do i need to activate this somehow to get it to show up in my own site on the app?

• Advertisement
Advertisement