Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

with the tank system, how long do you think the tanks themselves will last?

they're not prohibitively expensive or anything, but do you clean them after finishing with a particular flavour or is it one flavour per tank until.. well, are they long lasting?

You get 5 in a pack just like empty carts ,I used the same empty cart with the same filler for about a month so I would say the tanks carts will last a very long time for me ,I don't bother cleaning them out there's no real need to do so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

cool, I got a drip tip with my e-cig so I never used the cartridges. this tank system seems pretty great though rather than having to drop more juice in every few minutes. soon as bestshop have the atomisers in stock i'll look at it closer

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

I got mine from thebestshop and it's perfect ,I haven't tried the ones from TW.On another note my first eGo atty died today ,nearly 4 months after I bought it.I vape all day long every day and this has only happened now.I think I got my money's worth.

You'll have to let me know how you get on with the tank. The TW ones went down hill after only 2 weeks and I was interchanging two atties on a regular basis. Also they were eating battery power. I was getting about 4 hours out of a 900mah battery. But as I said...the heat off the atties was unreal. So far so good with the one from TheBestShop though. I'm testing the battery longevity now as the overheating doesn't seem to be an issue.

The Vapour Store have the tank atties now at €9.95 a pop :Dhttp://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-t-mega-atomiser-tank-/prod_276.html

O'Prez wrote: »
    The Vapour Store have the tank atties now at €9.95 a pop :Dhttp://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-t-mega-atomiser-tank-/prod_276.html

That's cheaper that thebestshop ,a lot cheaper

• Advertisement

...and a LOT cheaper than ecigarettesolutions!!!

...and a LOT cheaper than ecigarettesolutions!!!

Yeah they're living in the celtic tiger years I think

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

You'll have to let me know how you get on with the tank. The TW ones went down hill after only 2 weeks and I was interchanging two atties on a regular basis. Also they were eating battery power. I was getting about 4 hours out of a 900mah battery. But as I said...the heat off the atties was unreal. So far so good with the one from TheBestShop though. I'm testing the battery longevity now as the overheating doesn't seem to be an issue.

My TW one is still going and never ran hot. You must have been unlucky. Lets not forget these things all come from the same chinese factory. Get yourself a usb ego battery. Very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Here's a bit more information on the tank system: (Some of these figures could be wrong, anybody care to check it?)

Each tank can hold 1.1ml of e-liquid.

E-liquid is measured per 1ml. So if you bought 18mg strength e-liquid that means that there is 18mg of nicotine per 1ml of e-liquid and approximately 20mg of nicotine per tank.

A box of 20 strong cigarettes contains approx 20mg of nicotine.

Therefore a single filled tank is as good to you as a box of 20 smokes in terms of nicotine fix.

The tank system is far surerior to its predesessors.
    You'll never have to carry around more than 2 spare tanks,
    You'll only have to switch tanks once a day (mayby twice a day if you're a serious vaporer.)

The quality of the vape is so much better. It has a consistent amount of steam per puff.
    You don’t have to open your atomizer constantly in an attempt to fill it up/ check to see if it’s filled.

In conclusion: I highly recommend the tank system. :)
    I’m vaping nearly 2 months at this stage and I’ve gone from smoking 5 – 7 boxes of Benson a week to smoking a single packet of Amber leaf rolling tobacco being used alongside my vaporizer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

oh
    never really got the strenghts of nicotine in the ejuices before...

this really explains why i'm so jittery lately vaping the hell out of 24mg juices

think ill move down to the 12s when i get my next batch

• Advertisement

mewso wrote: »
    My TW one is still going and never ran hot. You must have been unlucky. Lets not forget these things all come from the same chinese factory. Get yourself a usb ego battery. Very handy.

Yeah I must have got a couple of duds :( ...I already have a usb eGo battery. I got one when they first came out. Crackin' little device.

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    You'll only have to switch tanks once a day (mayby twice a day if you're a serious vaporer.)

I fill the tank about 5 times a day...minimum!! I used to smoke 30 a day and when direct dripping I'd go through about 3ml.

I fill the tank about 5 times a day...minimum!! I used to smoke 30 a day and when direct dripping I'd go through about 3ml.

Im refilling my tank 3 times a day minimum ,I think I filled it 5 times yesterday ,although I was up until 3 am

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Don't forget a burning cigarette is easily the most efficient nicotine delivery device. E-cigs and how well they deliver nicotine is still not known. One dubious study claimed it delivered little or no nicotine which is far from the truth but I suspect they are not as efficient as the real thing so I'm not too concerned at going through 3ml of liquid a day.

I would like to see a proper study done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Either you're getting a hell of a lot more nicotine than you used to get, or the vaping process doesn't deliver as much nicotine as it should

What strength eliquid do you all use?

one and a half or two tanks does me for the day. (using 24mg strength.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

I was a 20 a day smoker, maybe a little more some days, particularly at weekends.

I use between 2 and 2.5 tanks of 18mg per day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

Cass is proposing holding a meet for Irish vapers.

See here http://ukvapers.com/forum/50-irish-vapers/

I use either 12, 14 or 18mg strengths depending.

I use either 12, 14 or 18mg strengths depending.
    I wasn't working yesterday which is why I probably re-filled 5 times ,when Im working I refill 2 times in work ,then once when I get home

Well I got 8.5 hours out of a 900mah battery this time as opposed to 4-ish using the tank. Given the heat off the other two atties and the battery life I wonder if there was a mistake made with a batch in the factory and they were low res tank atties?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Well I got 8.5 hours out of a 900mah battery this time as opposed to 4-ish using the tank. Given the heat off the other two atties and the battery life I wonder if there was a mistake made with a batch in the factory and they were low res tank atties?!?
    If you right so where is this vapour. I can get much more vapour from LR atty.
    Tank is sucking juice like crazy. I go up from 2,5-3ml of juice a day to over 5ml with tanks (80-100% more). Same story with my friends.
    I'll stick to LR cartomizers or regular ones when I'll get ProVari.

Opit wrote: »
    If you right so where is this vapour. I can get much more vapour from LR atty.
    Tank is sucking juice like crazy. I go up from 2,5-3ml of juice a day to over 5ml with tanks (80-100% more). Same story with my friends.
    I'll stick to LR cartomizers or regular ones when I'll get ProVari.

There was loads of vapour for the first few days and then it began to trail off along with the performance. The heat was still extreme though. At times too hot to touch. I dunno. No issues with the Best Shop one in that department though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Look at this guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k64QkAYeJRg&feature=fvw
    Tank system for mini ecig;). Here some more informations http://www.articlesbase.com/quit-smoking-articles/new-tankomizer-for-electronic-cigarettes-also-known-as-tank-system-3951327.html

How to fit eGo-T atty to any MOD with 510 connection http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZB2DUXunKk
    All you need is http://www.thebestshop.eu/e-cig-adapters/ego/tornado-battery-mains-charger-adaptor/prod_132.html

BTW eGo-T atty works great on regular 510 battery (I checked that already)just looks strange :D

I just got 60mls of menthol from the electronic cigarette.ie and I have to say it's nice stuff ,nice lots of vape and it's not burning as quick in the tank like the stuff from the vapour store.I originally thought it was the same chinese liquid but there is slight variation of taste ,a bit smoother or creamier and all for 21.75

This should last me a while:D

2x 30mls of menthol 16 euros ,postage 5.75 euros ,

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mann

I just got 60mls of menthol from the electronic cigarette.ie and I have to say it's nice stuff ,nice lots of vape and it's not burning as quick in the tank like the stuff from the vapour store.I originally thought it was the same chinese liquid but there is slight variation of taste ,a bit smoother or creamier and all for 21.75

This should last me a while:D

2x 30mls of menthol 16 euros ,postage 5.75 euros ,

Great stuff.. Glad to hear it rates good with others that you have tried so i think i will stick with it for now,

in fact I think I should order a couple more bottles before the rush, must ask them if they might be doing the menthol in lower strengths as i find it so nice i just dont want to stop using it,

I found that they're after sale service is also second to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭runway16

syngindub wrote: »
    as with chewing-gum, patches and now these i don't understand how you can quit nicotine addiction by giving yourself nicotine. It make NO sense.
    Would you see somebody with an alcohol patch if they were giving up the drink.I don't think so.

Because you are trying to quite cigarettes and smoking, not nicotine. Nicotine isnt what does the harm to you, its everything else, but it is the nicotine addiction that makes you smoke and thus puts you in harms way from everything else.

For an alcholic, its the alcohol that does the harm. Nothing else. No comparison!

Try reading the other posts in a thread first before jumping in like that. You could have easily had your answer then.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

runway16 wrote: »
    Because you are trying to quite cigarettes and smoking, not nicotine. Nicotine isnt what does the harm to you, its everything else, but it is the nicotine addiction that makes you smoke and thus puts you in harms way from everything else.

For an alcholic, its the alcohol that does the harm. Nothing else. No comparison!

Try reading the other posts in a thread first before jumping in like that. You could have easily had your answer then.

Step 1: Replace your source of nicotine with something that doesn't cause cancer. i.e. E-cigs, patches, gum, whatever.

Step 2: Try to quit nicotine.

If you manage to succeed with Step 1 then you've made a major improvement to your health regardless of your success with Step 2. If you skip Step 1, and try to go straight to Step 2 then any failure puts you back on the cigarettes with all the incumbent health problems this causes.

runway16 wrote: »

In fairness you are replying to a comment made over a year ago and it's obvious now that the poster had no interest in any further discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Got my Tank today, went through 1 tank already. Kinda disappointed so far. Good amount of vapor. OK flavor but absolutely NO TH! Is it normal and after some time everything will be ok? Or should i worry? Same liquid as i"m using with dripping and with cartridge...
    Also ordered 20ml of RY4 and it's crap. But tried their RY4 in 5ml bottle and it was super!
    I was sooo looking forward to try both of them and neither of them succeeded.....

UPDATE:)
    I'm starting to get a good TH now:) And the taste is actually better than on 510LR atty! And i love the vapor on this one, it's soooo nice. Will order more of them!
    Still unhappy with RY4 tho. Looks like the bigger the bottle, the crappier the flavor:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mann

Was having a look around to find if there was /is any other type of foam to use in the carts and found this on the link below… it’s a blue foam and from the reviews it sound like a good replacement for the foam that comes with most cartridges,

Problem is they only send this one around the US… can anyone tell me of a site where I could get something similar to save me buying new carts whenever I want to try a new flavour,

http://www.thevaporpro.com/super-blue-foam.html

Advertisement