Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old RTE Radio theme tunes

• 12-09-2009 4:15am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this should be in Radio, but radio is broadcasting and its history I'm looking for...

I'm trying to get some of the 1990s RTE1 show theme tunes for something, obviously some shows are still on air with their original music (Pat Kenny for instance) and I've found others like Gay Byrne's on here or on Google.

The main one I'm looking for is Five Seven Live, and a recording of the actual version of "Sailing By" used by Seascapes. Any chance anyone has them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Apogee

Are you looking for just intros or full recordings?

Intros:
    5-7
    rtsp://od1.rte.ie/2006/0120/20012006rte-5-7live.rm
    Seascapes
    rtsp://streaming2.rte.ie/2004/0520/seascapes.ra

Rip + convert to .mp3 here.

For full the version, try sending in a request to Ronan Collins to play them on his show.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd prefer something less spoken over than those ones, might have to try the Ronan Collins suggestion! Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Apogee

Do you know if the 5-7 Live music is from an existing record or was it specially composed for the show?

I'm pretty sure Ronan Collins has played the Sailing By track a few times before, and I know he gets regular requests to play his own theme tune in full from listeners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Apogee wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Ronan Collins has played the Sailing By track a few times before, and I know he gets regular requests to play his own theme tune in full from listeners.
    I have sailing by on a classical cd by the Ronald Binge orchestra .Think it might also be on a you tube vid

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Apogee wrote: »
    Do you know if the 5-7 Live music is from an existing record or was it specially composed for the show?

Most of the RTE themes are not specifically composed, even the ones that don't seem to ever surface outside (Gaybo's old one wasn't even a composition; Livelines is by Stockton's Wing, etc).

Ronan Collins is seeming like the main option now!

Advertisement