Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Cooker Repair

• 21-11-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

Hi

This might have been discussed previously but someone could point me in the right direction.

Does any one know or repair service for gas cookers. Need to get the cooker at home fixed, obviously a call out service can't remove the gas cooker.

Looking for someone in the cork area.

Or would I be better of just replacing it?

Thanks
    Ron

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Whats wrong with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Need a heat resistant glass for door for the main oven. Two of the gas rings don't work nor does the electric ignition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Need a heat resistant glass for door for the main oven. Two of the gas rings don't work nor does the electric ignition.
    Glass can be ordered. Probably simple fix for rings (dirt/grease build up on jets) and probably only a new battery required for the ignition.
    Any RGI who works on cookers would be able to fix. If a more expensive repair is required, then probably a new cooker is best option. It will depend on the condition and the age of the cooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Agree with Shane(again), possibly just stillage issue on the burners and the glass ain't an arm or a leg, all down to age and quality of cooker, what cooker are we discusing ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Most of the major manufacturers have their own guys out and about, and charge a 'fixed price' for the call that includes all parts required (fixed price usually rises as the product ages) but for what your asking would be the cheapest solution for repair.

• Advertisement

Agree with Shane(again), possibly just stillage issue on the burners and the glass ain't an arm or a leg, all down to age and quality of cooker, what cooker are we discusing ?

A Cannon gas cooker, bought around 6 years ago

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Yup, the have excellent guys on the road

DGOBS wrote: »
    Most of the major manufacturers have their own guys out and about, and charge a 'fixed price' for the call that includes all parts required (fixed price usually rises as the product ages) but for what your asking would be the cheapest solution for repair.

I never thought of looking at the cannon website to see if I could get a service engineer. So this morning had a look on the net and found
    http://www.cannonservice.co.uk/hs/pages/book_a_service_call/puf.jsp

Should have really looked into this a bit more. :o

Thanks everyone for your response.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dubkarl

I have a cannon gas cooker which is two years old and the gas is coming out of the oven when the oven is switched off. I'm being forced to pay to get it repaired and they have told me it will be over a week before someone can look at the cooker meanwhile the house is a ticking time bomb. I wanted to email cannon so it would be in writing as there solution was get the gas board to disconnect the gas but they perfom the illegal practice of not having an email which can be used for customers preventing any written proof so i would strongly recommend staying away from this company

Advertisement