Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Could be battlefield 3 aswell though, The guy who plays ghost let slip that it will be revealed in may, find out soon enough anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Let's hope it not a steaming pile of dog sh1t like the last one

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Let's hope it not a steaming pile of dog sh1t like the last one

Black Ops? yeah lets hope its better than that boring ass turd of a game :pac:

also Battlefield is in no way shape or form "the biggest game in the world" its MW3, end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Cant wait to download it, still havnt got over that faulty game black ops. Never felt so cheated by game as I did with that title, couldn't even refund it.

KilOit wrote: »
    Cant wait to download it, still havnt got over that faulty game black ops. Never felt so cheated by game as I did with that title, couldn't even refund it.

the ps3 game was a faulty product, end of story, last time I'll ever buy a Treyarch game, IW ftw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

krudler wrote: »
    Black Ops? yeah lets hope its better than that boring ass turd of a game :pac:

also Battlefield is in no way shape or form "the biggest game in the world" its MW3, end of.

I thought you liked Black Ops ? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Simple thing for MW3 is dont have perks that hide you from radar, upgrade security (Which FourZeroTwo said was happening) and make guns now have such difference in power, in MW2 the guns were either weak or powerful in stats, like M4 weak, TAR 21 Powerful, ACR Weak, SCAR powerful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Never going to buy another call of duty game after world at war and modern warfare 2. Battlefield 3 all the way :D

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Never going to buy another call of duty game after world at war and modern warfare 2. Battlefield 3 all the way :D

HA LAWL BATTLEFIELD FAG!!!!!!!!!!! only kidding :P im getting BF3 for PC and MW3 for console, simple as, Battlefield is being made for PC and then booted to console, hence itll be 1000 times better on PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Yeah I cant wait to get it for PC :D Dedicated servers + fighter jets + direct x11 + true 1080p = win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Gonna get BF3 on PC and MW3 on PS3 :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Modern Warfare 3? Hmm..

-Dedicated servers (probably wont happen)
    -Theatre mode
    -Better graphics and sound than Blops
    -Brighter maps
    -Bring Stopping Power back
    -Make sniping easier than Blops (just like Cod4)
    -Wager matches
    -Get rid of Cod points (its funner unlocking attachments, camos etc)
    -Better support
    -Don't release spec ops/zombies, just get treyarch to release a full zombies game with 8 maps every year so then developers can concentrate more on multiplayer/campaign

Do all this, and most likely, i will cry through my penis :cool:

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Modern Warfare 3? Hmm..

-Dedicated servers (probably wont happen)
    -Theatre mode
    -Better graphics and sound than Blops
    -Brighter maps
    -Bring Stopping Power back
    -Make sniping easier than Blops (just like Cod4)
    -Wager matches
    -Get rid of Cod points (its funner unlocking attachments, camos etc)
    -Better support
    -Don't release spec ops/zombies, just get treyarch to release a full zombies game with 8 maps every year so then developers can concentrate more on multiplayer/campaign

Do all this, and most likely, i will cry through my penis :cool:

what would Wager matches give without cod points?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    what would Wager matches give without cod points?

tumblr_lifcoddPtv1qcra3xo1_500.jpg

Well done sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Totally agree about the CoD points, although it is a good idea, I much prefer the sense of reward and satisfaction for working towards an attachment.

Make noobtubes cost 1,000,000 kills :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

fjsanchez wrote: »
    -Better support

Have that rock glitch yet in MW2?

CORaven wrote: »
    Have that rock glitch yet in MW2?

They patched it like 2 months ago, about 9 months too late!

Leeg17 wrote: »
    They patched it like 2 months ago, about 9 months too late!

Yeah, talk about slow ! At least Treyarch attempted to patch things unlike IW. Javelin glitch took ages too, even if I didn't have the game at that time. .

what was the javelin glitch?

krudler wrote: »
    what was the javelin glitch?

Excuse the commentator

• Advertisement

About two months it took to patch that :eek:, sheeeessh . Would drive me insane

Bahaha, same video

thats mad, so I take it everyone was doing it? the care package flare making you fun way faster thing was patched not long after i got it iirc

haha, first vid I clicked on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Eamo went on a whinge so I removed my post. :P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Will seriously have to think about not buying a COD game again.

Its a shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Definitely won't be buying it on release. Will wait and see.

I don't think they'll ever strike the neat gameplay balances of the first MW again. Now that they feel like they have to keep adding new gimmicks and fireworks, they can't really go back to the lean mean lethality of each and every gun in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

please dont make a campaign mode its a waste of time and disc space, id love a poll on how many people even look forward to campaign mode and even bother complete it, i played like 3 levels of it in black ops its just a waste tbh, bring on multiplayer only with tonssss of maps in the place of outdated single player modes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

If you've not played the Campaign mode, particularly in COD4, you're kinda missing out. Subsequent entries have been a lot lazier about it, but they've still got some neat touches.

And yeah, I don't play online at all anymore, so no campaign mode, no interest. MP may be where the money is, but disregarding it completely is a concession to greed and laziness IMHO.

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    please dont make a campaign mode its a waste of time and disc space, id love a poll on how many people even look forward to campaign mode and even bother complete it, i played like 3 levels of it in black ops its just a waste tbh, bring on multiplayer only with tonssss of maps in the place of outdated single player modes

Thats crazy talk, MW1 and 2 have great campaigns, some of the most polished gameplay of any fps in places. granted its just one big firefight moving you to the next sequence where you have to defend someplace or use some new weapon but they're worth playing through, I enjoyed some of Black Ops, the Nam stuff in particular

Advertisement