Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irelands Best Online Bathroom Store?

Options
  • 07-03-2013 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Has anyone any experience with www.bathshack.com? They're a NI Bathroom Supplier. "Irelands Best Online Bathroom Store" is their tag not mine :)

Their prices seem very competitive (looking at a freestanding bath and walk-in shower enclosure). £45 delivery to ROI
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 kerryplumbing

I have used them on a few occasions now - Found the quality to be reasonable but did experience some problems with delivery of items -but to be fair to them they resolved it as soon as they could

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Ranleth

Thanks kerryplumbing! Their baths and showers seem a lot more reasonably priced than some I've seen around Galway. It sounds like they're worth a phone call at least. We're kitting out 3 shower/toilets and a bath so let me know if you've any other tips, they're very much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

i've just ordered the furniture for three bathrooms from them, was in their showroom (disused poultry shed) on saturday. they just buy in bulk and sell low. I was using a different supplier until i got fed up when he ordered the wrong showers three times, after me specifically visting him and circling the ones we wanted on the brochure - this guy was supposed to be the cheapest locally but i found bathshack to be cheaper and much more helpful, if they can source it for you they will and give as much discount as they can. Would recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Just ordered from them so still waiting of stuff the arrive.:D

Let me know how you get on Irelandspurs, we're in the very early stages of our build so still a few months before we'll be ordering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I can say easily without any shadow of a doubt that online bathroom stores at the moment are no substitute for bricks and morter.They dont have the local knowledge to advise people correctly.

Let me explain better and simpler. easily half of dublin house bathroom renovations are former corportation council houses. The soil stack travels down the inside and the water is low pressure in the bathroom.

For this reason alone. A lot of thermostatic showers, modern taps and back to wall toilets as well as wall hung basins will never work.

When your asking about online bathrooms its like buying a car without doing the checks, really its that serious. its just the value offsets the risk.

btw i am well qualified to express this opinion and have no other interest than looking out for you. I would welcome any questions to help you avoid what i consider to be this mine field.

Thanks for the warning Joey. I'll be speaking to the plumber first before ordering anything to try and avoid any problems (where possible).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Ranleth wrote: »
    Thanks for the warning Joey. I'll be speaking to the plumber first before ordering anything to try and avoid any problems (where possible).

Hi Ranleth - Did you go with Bathshack in the end? I'm in the same boat as yourself - in Galway & Renovating

Hi Citizenpain - we're still in the early stages so nothing purchased yet. We've gotten a plumber so the next step will be to show him what they have to get a professional opinion. That might still be 2 months away or more so in the mean time I'll be looking around. Let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

there's a relatively new Bathroom store in Ballymount / walkinstown Dublin. There right on the bend opposite Calor Gas and beside Buclkeys.
    I bought a half Bathroom off them last Oct and found them to be very reasonable and helpful, as cheap a many of the uk sites I had looked at. They are acutely aware of all the plumbing issues Joey has mentioned also. like low pressure Taps etc.
    Also while I was there browsing a woman brought back a Toilet pan and said the plumber had fit the Toilet but told her it had a hair line crack in it. They apologized profusely and gave her a new one which I thought was very decent and nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Ranleth wrote: »
    Hi Citizenpain - we're still in the early stages so nothing purchased yet. We've gotten a plumber so the next step will be to show him what they have to get a professional opinion. That might still be 2 months away or more so in the mean time I'll be looking around. Let me know how you get on.

Ordered a bout 2k worth of stuff from them -
    Only issues:
    1. they didt deliver a waste trap for 1 shower tray -- eventually got it credited back to me - no big deal
    2. Plumber had to change the flushing mechanism on the tolilets -another €100

Overall very happy with what we got ! Budget was tight and we got more for or 2k with them then we could have elsewhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I can say easily without any shadow of a doubt that online bathroom stores at the moment are no substitute for bricks and morter.They dont have the local knowledge to advise people correctly.

Let me explain better and simpler. easily half of dublin house bathroom renovations are former corportation council houses. The soil stack travels down the inside and the water is low pressure in the bathroom.

For this reason alone. A lot of thermostatic showers, modern taps and back to wall toilets as well as wall hung basins will never work.

When your asking about online bathrooms its like buying a car without doing the checks, really its that serious. its just the value offsets the risk.

btw i am well qualified to express this opinion and have no other interest than looking out for you. I would welcome any questions to help you avoid what i consider to be this mine field.

You have saved myself and many other boardsies alot of money,trouble and hassle with your very honest and very good advice.

Thanks Joey for being so honest and saving me alot of money over the last couple of years.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

anyone order any freestanding baths from these guys? they seem alot more reasonably price than the bathroom shops.

Hi fifib,

After meeting on site with my plumber he convinced me to go with a non-internet based supplier. As I was buying a lot of items I got a good deal from these guys based in Limerick.
    pjmatthews.ie/baths-!13-cat.html

They had excellent customer support and were more competitively priced than any other physical shops I'd visited. They have a good showroom and often have items on sale.

I had planned on having a free standing bath but my plumber somehow managed to convince me to get a build in one for better use of space. I splashed out (pardon the pun) on a whirlpool bath to compensate.

Advertisement