Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Women Caught Being Perverts

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Piliger wrote: »
    An extremely important post and comment. We are continually bombarded by claims that only men 'undress women with their eyes'. Only men stare are women's breasts. It's ALL about men as aggressive staring offensive creatures.

If you are a people watcher as I am then you will find a lot of interesting behaviour by women. Sit in an open air cafe and watch when an attractive or shapely women walks past - especially one with great legs or a low cut top.

But don't watch her ... watch other women. You will immediately discover that almost every women checks her out from head to toe. They stare at her breasts, her arse, her legs, everything. And overall she gets leered at and stared at a LOT more by women than men. But if a man is caught doing exactly the same thing ....... he is open to being labelled a perv and being aggressive.

Women are just as pervy, if that's the word to be used, and just as aggressive in how they check out men. The only difference is they have been given permission by a biased and sexist society to do so.

I'd agree on the part of women checking each other out just as much if not more than men do, but more often than not that is attributed to a sense of 'competitiveness' rather than an 'I would' or whatever. What's she wearing, what size is she, how attractive is she, how do I measure up comparatively, is she prettier/slimmer than me etc.

Not to say this is any more pleasant than being 'perved' on...tbh personally I often find it more comfortable to be eyeballed by a man because it's more of a base response than being 'measured up' by a woman, which can often feel like it's loaded with a lot more judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

beks101 wrote: »
    I'd agree on the part of women checking each other out just as much if not more than men do, but more often than not that is attributed to a sense of 'competitiveness' rather than an 'I would' or whatever. What's she wearing, what size is she, how attractive is she, how do I measure up comparatively, is she prettier/slimmer than me etc.
    So what ? It doesn't matter. That's not the point. People can 'guess' what the motive is ... but the truth is it is usually just looking ! just normal human nature.
    Not to say this is any more pleasant than being 'perved' on...tbh personally I often find it more comfortable to be eyeballed by a man because it's more of a base response than being 'measured up' by a woman, which can often feel like it's loaded with a lot more judgement.

Imho it's ALL in the mind of the person being looked at. Some people concoct all kinds of emotions and motives and assign them to the people who 'look' at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Piliger wrote: »
    So what ? It doesn't matter. That's not the point. People can 'guess' what the motive is ... but the truth is it is usually just looking ! just normal human nature.

My point is different motivations for 'looking', which can lead to a difference in how someone might feel about it, rightly or wrongly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

beks101 wrote: »
    My point is different motivations for 'looking', which can lead to a difference in how someone might feel about it, rightly or wrongly.

Which is exactly the point being made. When men look we are castigated as pervs and aggressive. When women look it's seen as admiring or neutral at worst.

Advertisement