Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Does that 4-player trick actually do anything to increase the possibility of better loot? Have disemboweled Hyperius/Voracidous/Pete too many times to count and have gotten bupkis. I know it increases Vermivorous spawn rates, I had 3 chasing after me in Caustic Caverns :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    how or where do you redeem these codes, i have bl2 on steam?

Extend to work through today (5th)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

calex71 wrote: »
    No, I can fight all the others as many times as I like, just with hyperius I pay every time I go to the board the robbing so and so :p

Talk about coincidence. This actually happened me last night. The issue was though that I had a second character in the game. I'm guessing maybe if your slider is set for 4 players, this would happen even if you're the only one in the game. But as a single player, you can fight him as many times as you want (which I was able to do after I made the second character leave the game). Similar happened with Voracidous. Beat him once with 2 characters in the game, but it wouldn't let me fight him again.

Anyway, spent last night mostly doing the Bar Brawl to get enough Torgue Tokens for a legendary, while also levelling up a Zero I'd started playing as when I first got the game. Got him from Level 3 to Level 21. Also fought Pete solo a few times, mostly in the hopes he'd drop a Legendary Beserker Class Mod. First time I beat him, he dropped two :D.

Only trouble with that is the Slayer of Terramorphous mod I was using gave me 7000 extra health, but because of the shield I use (Blast Proof Turtle shield) which has huge capacity, it also reduces my health drastically, so now my shield is at 177000 but my health is only around 13000. Electric weapons absolutely destroy me. Will have to respec and add more to health, and maybe find a better relic to add more to health too (currently using a shield relic which gives 30% to capacity and recharge rate).

Also have to try and decide what Torgue legendary to get from the machine. Have the Bonus Package (Sticky Homing Bonus Package) and the DP Unkempt Harold. Rolling Thunder kinda sucks and I've heard bad things about the Flakker (had a lower level one which was beyond useless too), so I'm left with either the Kerblaster or the Nukem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Penn wrote: »
    Talk about coincidence. This actually happened me last night. The issue was though that I had a second character in the game. I'm guessing maybe if your slider is set for 4 players, this would happen even if you're the only one in the game. But as a single player, you can fight him as many times as you want (which I was able to do after I made the second character leave the game). Similar happened with Voracidous. Beat him once with 2 characters in the game, but it wouldn't let me fight him again.

Anyway, spent last night mostly doing the Bar Brawl to get enough Torgue Tokens for a legendary, while also levelling up a Zero I'd started playing as when I first got the game. Got him from Level 3 to Level 21. Also fought Pete solo a few times, mostly in the hopes he'd drop a Legendary Beserker Class Mod. First time I beat him, he dropped two :D.

Only trouble with that is the Slayer of Terramorphous mod I was using gave me 7000 extra health, but because of the shield I use (Blast Proof Turtle shield) which has huge capacity, it also reduces my health drastically, so now my shield is at 177000 but my health is only around 13000. Electric weapons absolutely destroy me. Will have to respec and add more to health, and maybe find a better relic to add more to health too (currently using a shield relic which gives 30% to capacity and recharge rate).

Also have to try and decide what Torgue legendary to get from the machine. Have the Bonus Package (Sticky Homing Bonus Package) and the DP Unkempt Harold. Rolling Thunder kinda sucks and I've heard bad things about the Flakker (had a lower level one which was beyond useless too), so I'm left with either the Kerblaster or the Nukem.

Flakker is poo, I would take the DP Harrold it's one of my favorite pistols with the smasher it's insane as you lose the wide spread and all the bullets hit center ............ even without smasher 7x2 bullets + bee = boom :D, also have a look carefully at the machines, I can't recall the exact name but there is a blue DP or two fer pistol that sometimes appears with red text with the other things, the one I got was 16k dmg........ I never used it but that stuff is very cheap so I likely bought it with my change from getting the harrolds :)

Does the legendary berserker mod not give you +6 in hard to kill ? that should be worth more to you than the 7000 health the other one does.

I just found out last night that my Breath of the Seraphs relic is a croc, it only applies the +5.6 regen and 31% damage when you get downed and are revived or second wind so I'll have to hunt down something else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got a legendary SMG drop from Bnk3r last night, something Emperor. I was hoping to get the B*tch. Kinda sucks though, level 48 (I'm only on my first playthrough of TVHM).

• Advertisement

Flakker is poo, I would take the DP Harrold it's one of my favorite pistols with the smasher it's insane as you lose the wide spread and all the bullets hit center ............ even without smasher 7x2 bullets + bee = boom :D, also have a look carefully at the machines, I can't recall the exact name but there is a blue DP or two fer pistol that sometimes appears with red text with the other things, the one I got was 16k dmg........ I never used it but that stuff is very cheap so I likely bought it with my change from getting the harrolds :)

Does the legendary berserker mod not give you +6 in hard to kill ? that should be worth more to you than the 7000 health the other one does.

I just found out last night that my Breath of the Seraphs relic is a croc, it only applies the +5.6 regen and 31% damage when you get downed and are revived or second wind so I'll have to hunt down something else.

Legendary Beserker mod gave me +5 in it, but my Slayer of Terramorphous one was already giving me +4 in it. The issue was the actual SoT mod gave about 7500 bonus health while the Beserker one gives 25% bonus fire rate and melee damage.

Think if I switch to Blood of the Seraphs relic, that should give about 25% extra health. Should do the job.

5 keys for the collection, guess they might come in handy if they raise they lvl cap

PS3 - CTK33-6JCRB-CKCCB-SJ5BJ-FZT6C
    PC/MAC - K35JT-B3FXC-ZCFJB-BTTBB-CFHRT
    X360 - WBCT3-CX3Z6-JB9JF-W6JTB-3RB9T

5 keys for the collection, guess they might come in handy if they raise they lvl cap

Gief me MOAR keys :D

I don't quite know how its possible, but I've managed to stock up on keys on my +1 account. I had 1 key at one point, I know have about 12 or 13 :/

aaronh007 wrote: »

I don't quite know how its possible, but I've managed to stock up on keys on my +1 account. I had 1 key at one point, I know have about 12 or 13 :/

This code pushes me over 60 keys in the bank :s

This code pushes me over 60 keys in the bank :s

Good god man! Is there a nuclear winter on the way that I don't know about? :p

• Advertisement

Damn, for some reason I could only beat raid bosses once last night.

Also, are the legendaries in the Torgue vending machines always Level 48? Couldn't find a Level 50 at all last night in any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I loaded B2 at 8am just to redeem bloody keys. I have a problem.

Damn, for some reason I could only beat raid bosses once last night.

Also, are the legendaries in the Torgue vending machines always Level 48? Couldn't find a Level 50 at all last night in any of them

Hmmmmmmmm were you online? Sounds like either a hotfix or patch wasn't applied as there was one of each to fix those very same issues so my guess would be you were offline.

Well, I was online but then again I was downloading something on my laptop at the time and my internet is poor at the best of times so maybe it just didn't apply the hotfixes. Makes sense I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

aaronh007 wrote: »

I bought the game a couple days ago and have 40 keys now i think.

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_Shift_Codes

Hmmmmmmmm were you online? Sounds like either a hotfix or patch wasn't applied as there was one of each to fix those very same issues so my guess would be you were offline.

Yeah, looks like you were right. Had no issues last night.

Beat Terramorphous once, Pyro Pete 5 times, Hyperius 20 times and Voracidous 20 times. Only legendary was the Slayer of Terramorphous guaranteed drop. Think there was even just one e-tech.

Decided to get another DP Unkempt Harold from the vending machines (well, I will when I find one). Gunzerking with two of them would be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Yeah, looks like you were right. Had no issues last night.

Beat Terramorphous once, Pyro Pete 5 times, Hyperius 20 times and Voracidous 20 times. Only legendary was the Slayer of Terramorphous guaranteed drop. Think there was even just one e-tech.

Decided to get another DP Unkempt Harold from the vending machines (well, I will when I find one). Gunzerking with two of them would be epic.

I can dupe a DP unkempt Harold for you if you are on PS3.

nocal wrote: »

I can dupe a DP unkempt Harold for you if you are on PS3.

Ah you're grand thanks. Already have one and have enough tokens for the other, just waiting to find one in a Torgue machine.

New Vault Hunter (playable character) teased at SxSW. Only melee fans need apply. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I know it's been asked already but I can't find the post, should I complete tvhm before I start the dlc?

• Advertisement

Nope. Finish the main game (first playthrough) then do the DLC. If you finish TVHM, you'll cap out at 50 and you won't get any experience from the DLC.

If you're stuck on the TVHM main campaign (which is a good bit harder second time around), dip into the DLC to help you level up a bit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I like the idea of punching Jack to death.

Q_Ball wrote: »
    I know it's been asked already but I can't find the post, should I complete tvhm before I start the dlc?

I would say go for both but I would really recommend getting to lvl 50 before accepting some of the side quests as the reward is scaled to your lvl.

Most of the stuff you could do without but there are some very valuable and useful weapons to be gained from the sidequests, one such is Moxxi's Rubi which restores health based on damage done so it's a must to be at lvl 50 before accepting this quest.

In the dlc scarlet's sandhawk is another much sought after smg as it was not effected my the changes to the bee.

Another was the redundant fibber, but I find it too difficult to use to be effective most of the time, confined spaces are another matter though.

There was a chart with which ones to pick up and keep hold of at lvl 50 in THVM I'll see if i can find.

Worth noting that these are guaranteed reward too.

Xbox only for this ..... I think

It was posted on xbox.com as part of the free gold weekend and is for 3 keys

5BCTT-XX6SC-ZSXJX-KFJBJ-66R5W

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Trying to download the DLC. Bought the season pass through the PSN store but can't get the DLC through the game menu. Everytime it loads the game says that it can't enumerate downloadable content. Anyone else get this?

Q_Ball wrote: »
    Trying to download the DLC. Bought the season pass through the PSN store but can't get the DLC through the game menu. Everytime it loads the game says that it can't enumerate downloadable content. Anyone else get this?

it with the first dlc, clearing the cache and re-downloading the compatibility pack sorted me.... I was on xbox though.

PS3 - C35BB-WZZWJ-5W5KT-ZT5BB-H3SXZ
    PC/MAC - KB53J-ZFBR5-HWRTB-T3TTB-RFJFR
    X360 - WJKJT-W59F6-J3Z3F-KRTJB-C5CFS

The hotfix issued earlier was a little buggy what ever they did increased the drops on legendaries, I got 6 from the lockers in sanctuary alone :D

Seems to be fixed now though I knew I should have stayed on and filled up a mule or 6 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,330 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

The hotfix issued earlier was a little buggy what ever they did increased the drops on legendaries, I got 6 from the lockers in sanctuary alone :D

Seems to be fixed now though I knew I should have stayed on and filled up a mule or 6 :(

Shiiiiit. I really should have logged in.

• Advertisement

Wish I'd been able to take advantage of something like that, I've had no luck getting an infinity pistol from Doc Mercy yet :(

Advertisement