Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gonna pick this up on the way home form college later. What character are people picking?

Went with Axton because the turret was so handy in BL1. I think Zero would be worth a go as well tho.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I played through 1 as the Siren character which was a change from how I'd normally play an FPS (being a lot more "run and gun"). This time I'm thinking of the Commando cause I like the idea of the turret and picking a spot, drawing a line in the sand and saying "come at me bro!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

My gamestop copy arrived this morning. (XBOX version)

Installed it, and went to work.

Now that took considerable effort. Hopefully get stuck into it this evening and tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone find the defintitive ports list?

Couldnt connect last night and in work till 7 :p

It's a lot of fun so far
    A pony made out of diamonds!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    My gamestop copy arrived this morning. (XBOX version)

Installed it, and went to work.

Now that took considerable effort. Hopefully get stuck into it this evening and tomorrow.

I'm sitting in work thinking hmmm If I was at home I could be playing this right now... but I'm stuck here until 10pm :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not sure if this has been posted already but Xtravision are selling it for €34.99 including that Premier Club dlc yoke.

/Edit: The PC version I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just came bac home from town. In one hand borderlands 2 and in other hand big feck off subway.

I am off for weekend. Happy days!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been posted already but Xtravision are selling it for €34.99 including that Premier Club dlc yoke.

Gamestop are charging more afaik. I put i fiver down on pre-order, gonna pay the balance this afternoon. Wonder what it will be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

So, does it justify the hype?

• Advertisement

danthefan wrote: »
    So, does it justify the hype?

Yes.

*finishing installing his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Gamestop are charging more afaik. I put i fiver down on pre-order, gonna pay the balance this afternoon. Wonder what it will be?

Going to cost ya another 50 i think!

Based on whats being posted here: Game Stop scam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Got mine in Gamestop Blanch this afternoon for €49.99 (no preorder) with the preorder DLC :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Going to cost ya another 50 i think!

Based on whats being posted here: Game Stop scam

Ah right thanks:)......:mad:
    Q_Ball wrote: »
    Got mine in Gamestop Blanch this afternoon for €49.99 (no preorder) with the preorder DLC :)

:confused:....Ya jammy f*cker ya :mad:

:o

well just played a wee bit of this. really love it. looks fantastic and runs all maxed out on my pc with no slow downs.

btw i got nvidia and where is that promised better physics? i dont see any extra destruction or cloth damage...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Shiminay wrote: »
    It took a considerable effort not to start playing it at midnight last night cause I'd probably be still glued to the screen :p

I gave in. At 5am I stopped playing. 3 hours sleep and then to work :D

hey lads. who uses nvidias, does your physicx eye candy work? i have it set on high and it still looks pants...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

It usually happens with the large retail chains. Any game that has a standard edition with a preorder only bonus is usually for sale day of release. Not sure if it's the way they operate or the distributors but there's typically no difference between preorder stock and day one stock. It's probably too much hassle to separate the two.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

hey lads. who uses nvidias, does your physicx eye candy work? i have it set on high and it still looks pants...

Looks amazing for me, make sure you restart the game for physx setting to take effect.
    At first i was wondering where the physics were but once i stuck it up to max the difference is huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Claptrap is even funnier in this one.

For lulz at the start of the game
    leave him and wander off when he gets stuck in the snow

He has some great lines when you do that like
    Giving you the silent treatment .... feel the sting of my passive aggression
    :D

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Looks amazing for me, make sure you restart the game for physx setting to take effect.
    At first i was wondering where the physics were but once i stuck it up to max the difference is huge.

yup, that was the issue. it is working now and i have to say it is the best use of damn thing since release. looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Am i missing something but when I resume a game, should it not be from the last autosaved point? I've lost a load of progress, I made, and been put back to my last fast travel point, which is a bit annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Sintel wrote: »
    Am i missing something but when I resume a game, should it not be from the last autosaved point? I've lost a load of progress, I made, and been put back to my last fast travel point, which is a bit annoying.
    As far as I know that's the way the saves work. So don't quit a game in the middle of a mission or you're just back to the start again.Finding it very annoying.
    Really trying to like this game but it just feels really bland or something...can't put my fihger on it.It looks good and plays well but its just not as good as I think people have made it out to be.Will give it a few more go's and hopefully will start to get into it a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I managed to get the premium club additional content with a regular purchase, it cost me 44 euro.

Edit: Gamestop on Henry Street

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone get it in hmv and did the dlc come with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Is anyone finding that there is no challenge in this game? Difficulty level seems to be set for people who never play first person shooters.
    They did a great job on mouse control for the pc version so maybe the difficulty is designed for joypads and there is no way to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just picked up my Loot Chest edition. No regrets.

Until I have to eat, or pay a bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Just did the first couple of missions there, loving it so far anyway. Looks great, runs great, UI overhaul is excellent and humour is still there. Really looking forward to getting stuck into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone get it in hmv and did the dlc come with it?

got mine (ps3) this morning in hmv, was asked if i had a pre order with them but said no but they still gave me the premier club edition!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My G19 keyboard has a dancing Claptop on the screen. :D:D

IMG_20120921_012748.jpg

It's the EXACT same app as Borderlands 1. I was disappointed to see it tbh :P

Advertisement