Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rudest type of people to deal with

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Had a guy from o2 ringing me up this morning asking about changing my price plan. I said I'm grand with my Pay As You Go crap as I don't use my phone much and buy feck all credit for it anyways.

Him: "Well, why don't you use your phone more often?"
    Me: "Eh.........plenty of reasons I just...........don't"
    Him: "Why?"
    Me: "What are you trying to sell me anyways?"
    Him: "Better price plan to suit your needs, etc, etc"
    Me: "But I said I'm grand with what I have, I chose it for a reason. I've always been Pay As You Go for 10 years."
    Him: "But you'll save money"
    Me: "But I don't buy much credit, maybe €5 every 2 or 3 weeks..........maybe. Anyways, I send texts off your website!"
    Him: "But you'll save money if you sign up for this"
    Me: "I'm..........grand...........with...........what..........I.............have...........thanks"
    Him: "But do you not think you'll be better off signing up for this price package? You'll save €15 a month."
    Me: "I don't even spend €15 a month on my phone!"
    Him: ".............."
    Me: "..............."
    Him: "...........hello?"
    Me: "Yea, still here"
    You: "This package will suit your........"
    Me: "Look, ring me back in an hour to think about it"

I just didn't answer the call then :pac:

But yea, everyone is a cùnt. Customers and behind the counter folk, more-so customers as many seem to think I am the sole person responsible for all deliveries and management of whatever company I was working in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Pope Benedict

Taxi Drivers or Bouncers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

in my experience as a waitress - both here, London and San Fran it was the Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Tootle

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Surprised it's taken so long for them to be mentioned. I've met a few travelling and they're constantly arguing with hotel staff/locals/waiters/shopkeepers/other holiday makers. I've seen signs up in hostel saying "no Israelis". The staff said they're not worth the hassle.
    Agree agree agree. The funny thing about the Israelis, is that if you meet on on their own, you'll think they're quite nice, friendly.But...get them in a group and they are the most ignorant arrogant group I have ever met! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Had a guy from o2 ringing me up this morning asking about changing my price plan. I said I'm grand with my Pay As You Go crap as I don't use my phone much and buy feck all credit for it anyways.

Me: "But I said I'm grand with what I have, I chose it for a reason. I've always been Pay As You Go for 10 years."
    Me: "But I don't buy much credit, maybe €5 every 2 or 3 weeks..........maybe. Anyways, I send texts off your website!"
    Me: "I'm..........grand...........with...........what..........I.............have...........thanks"
    Him: "But do you not think you'll be better off signing up for this price package? You'll save €15 a month."

But yea, everyone is a cùnt. Customers and behind the counter folk, more-so customers as many seem to think I am the sole person responsible for all deliveries and management of whatever company I was working in.

When they ring me up to try and sell me a news paper subscription I just tell them I can't read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 top of the range rover

bosses and managers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

BT Customer Service. They come from the foulest but most mediocre and boring part of hell, the ignorant, lying fuckers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

pithater1 wrote: »
    Middle aged Northern Irish women. Henceforth known as Prod Bítches, I don't care what side of the divide you are from, if you are rude to me you are automatically a Prod Bítch.

White South Africans. The song "I've never met a nice South African" comes to mind.

Edit, keyboard warriors, also find them quite rude.

they are usually wicked in the sack though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Some snobby people and some geriatrics, old fashioned people, some priests and some bus drivers as they can be very judgemental of people regardless. In Particular the English find them very rude compared to the Scotish who are lovely people. A few Europeans i.e. the Germans and the Greeks and French can be very rude and obnoxious.

Really :confused: Nearly every English person I've met is so friendly and polite, lovely bunch of people in my experience. Never found Scottish people to be overly friendly myself.
    from working in hospitality i love seeing the english. they are by far the best spenders. you'll never see them hovering over a drink for over an hour. never quibble about prices. like to splash the cash and enjoy themselves.

Ha, every English person I know is unbeliveably tight-fisted, as far from your description as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

French waiters. until they realise youre not English or American. then theyre lovely :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Just people going on about rude people, is it mostly women that are finding other women rude most often and men finding men being rude?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Taxi Drivers or Bouncers.

So a taxi driver than moonlights as a bouncer would be Satan ,
    ironic coming from a username that makes people think of the the most arrogant and rudest group ever to exist .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

But you get free ring ding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ancient Astronaut

There are lots of part finder websites online. http://www.partfinder.ie/ is a fairly decent one... basically, you fill in what you are looking for & you'll get an e-mail to tell you which dismantlers have the part you are looking for. It cuts out a lot of telephoning around.

Funny this...
    Two weeks ago when you posted this link up I decided to try for a part I have been after for some time as I have a Jap import (car).
    I scanned down through lists of what were available to no avail,so there is an option to send an email on the website,and if/when a part becomes available the breakers yard or company/person that has it will reply to your email.
    So this I did.Low and behold I received an email reply the next day from a yard up in Donegal.
    I rang the contact phone number to which the most rudest ignorant individual answered the phone.
    I explained to them about the email I had received off of them and the part they said they had available.
    He blew me off saying this vehicle was not on their premises yet and gave me the impression like I was an annoying so and so for calling him with this request.
    There was nothing polite about his phone manner at all and was treating me the customer like I was some sh1t on his shoe.
    Then it dawned on me where I had come across this contact,and internally I had to laugh.
    Anyway after he had told me to call him back the following week to check again if the part/vehicle was in,unsurprisingly this second call/contact was never made by me.
    So the moral of the story is...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Sounds like you're too polite. :)
    Why didn't you tell him go away please and stop bothering me after he persisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

Toffs from rich affluent areas with their "I'm better then you" attitude
    Scumbag types from impoverished areas with their "You owe me something"attitude
    Ol' fellas and wans' in the civil service. The type that's their cluttering up the payroll. *****

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭njals_saga

People with goatees are twats to a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

Team Leaders with a superior attitude. **** had a glassjaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

I am a bit confused by some of the comments; Africa is a continent, comprising of many countries. Saying Africans are of a certain disposition is akin to saying the same of Europeans, when, in reality, there are a lot of different nationalities under the European umbrella. Granted, it may be difficult to discern which African country someone comes from but it seems odd to me to consider all Africans to be of a certain disposition based on experience with a small number of people, more than likely, from one or two particular countries in Africa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Teenage female shop assistants. Evil little bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Stuck up posh bitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

I've been living in Madrid almost a year and still can't get my head round how hilariously rude staff are in local restaurants and bars. I'm sorry your wage is so abysmal but don't take it out on me. Used to put me in a bad mood and now I laugh.

Every white South African I've ever met have been frighteningly racist and rude to the extreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭El Diablo 101

I work in a busy pub in Dublin, and I find that the most rude clientèle/people are (in my experience):

-Middle aged women - awful wannabe-rich annoying people altogether
    -Middle aged men - if they fall into the 'wannabe-rich' category. They seem to believe that if they act rude to staff, they appear wealthier.

Contrary to popular belief, in my experience, the 'D4 brigade' or 'skangers' are generally quite pleasant customers (bouncers remove the extremes at the door I presume)

And also, the African people in work are very pleasant indeed.
    African taxi drivers on the way home some nights, quite ignorant and arrogant indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Completely disagree with the White South african comments. I have a white south african lecturer and she is so pleasant and helpful. I also just spent 3 weeks on a trip with two white girls from south Africa and neither of them had a mean bone in their body. I suppose it depends on who you meet but it's extremely unfair to tar all people from the nation who are white with the one brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Anyone that says "I pay your wages". They're normally the type of cretin that has made a mistake and is trying to blame anyone but themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭NeuroticMonkey

In my experience the rudest people are the private-schooled D4 types, ya know the Prada-wearing-Daddy's-going-to-pay-for-my-j1-200-points-in-my-leaving-cert-eventhough-my education-cost-more-than-it-would-to-feed-a-small-nation for-a-year type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

There are 2 things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture.....and the Dutch!!!

*Goldmember

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Yourself

At a petrol pump in Swords at the weekend and my friend went in for snacks and to pay so I waited in the car at the pump.

A guy with his Mrs and kids pulls up behind me waiting for me to pull off. I was wondering what he was up to because there were three other pumps free. :confused:
    I just carried on waiting for my friend.:rolleyes:

He blows the horn in an annoyed fashion.
    I carry on waiting.
    He blows the horn again.
    I dont budge.
    Then he pulls around in front of me with his window down and a big red face on him. Said something to me, flailing his arms! I smile. :D He carries on to call me a b*tch. :eek: Then pulls in at the other side of the pump to me. I felt like setting him on fire but I just remained in the car. Ignorant dope, needed the pump on the right side of his car. Really annoyed me though...how rude! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Middle aged cops(some not all) who are just counting the days to retirement for me have to be the most grumpy,rudest and disinterested in doing their jobs.They bully their way into handy jobs to top up their pension while over 400k+ people are unemployed on the back of the fact that they are a garda....and even then they have the do you know who i am attitude:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭MardiB

pithater1 wrote: »
    Have also noticed that, 9 times out of ten one of them doesn't seem to have the ability to ask in a polite manner like the rest of us do and resort to bellowing.

I work in a really busy public space and deal with loads of nationalities, irish, travelling community etc included and I agree middle aged African women are by far the rudest and are constantly abusing the place and the staff, not all of them do,granted but a really big proportion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement