Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Raspberry PI - Where to Buy

Options
  • 16-10-2012 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

From what I've seen rasp berry PI's are quite difficult to come across in Ireland does anyone know where there's a good deal going on without all the extra crap like keyboard and mice etc?

P.S I'm from Dublin but I can afford it to be shipped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Darkphenom

Just ordered the model B one off the element 14 site last night. It's supposed to be delivered next Moday :D
    http://www.element14.com/community/groups/raspberry-pi

• Registered Users Posts: 17 xmcam

mad turnip wrote: »
    Hi All,

From what I've seen rasp berry PI's are quite difficult to come across in Ireland does anyone know where there's a good deal going on without all the extra crap like keyboard and mice etc?

I have mine purchased this September, but want to sell, PM if you are interested, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

mad turnip wrote: »
    Hi All,

i have one for sale and im in dublin pm me if intrested cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

I got mine from Farnell.. There's a bit of a waiting list mind ya..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not sure on their international deliveries, but ordered from here yesterday lunchtime, and it arrived 9:30 this morning in the UK:
    http://www.newit.co.uk/shop/products.php?cat=26

• Registered Users Posts: 22 anton61

I ordered mine on the 10th oct and received it on Monday the 15th oct delivered by ups. I ordered it from cpcireland.farnell.com

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Ordered last week from farnell got some bull**** email today saying my credit card was declined, 8 days later? Sounds like a bull**** excuse, Just ordered from newit like robin suggested. Postage was 6 pounds and they allow you to pay by paypal so no reason for bull**** excuses. Hopefully it arrives next week =D.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

anyone have one to sell? im looking for one also

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

anyone have one to sell? im looking for one also
    i may have a model b for sale - its not a 512 ram version but its still in the box - didnt use it only booted it once to check it was working....

pm me if interested - im in london so not sure how long postage would take

ft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Thanks for that But literally just picked up a 256 ram model. Not sure how easy of hard it wil be to update to 512 tho
    i may have a model b for sale - its not a 512 ram version but its still in the box - didnt use it only booted it once to check it was working....

pm me if interested - im in london so not sure how long postage would take

ft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭bozharry

hi looking for a Model B has 512MB RAM.Pm me if anyone has one to sell

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

bozharry wrote: »
    hi looking for a Model B has 512MB RAM.Pm me if anyone has one to sell

NewIT have them in stock, and from other responses from people on here they do deliver to Ireland:
    http://www.newit.co.uk/shop/products.php?cat=26

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭bozharry

yeah thanks.was just checking if anyone hod one here for sale before i ordered one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Buttonsbridget

Mod note: Please use Adverts.ie for buying/selling/swapping etc. This is not allowed on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭bakerlite

Any high St retailers selling the pi2 that anyone knows of?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

bakerlite wrote: »
    Any high St retailers selling the pi2 that anyone knows of?

Maplins

Advertisement